GenCon Newsletter

Lucidicide

9 hours ago, Aaron said:

Alexei was promised to be turned into a model, but there was no specific promise as to when or how. I can assure you he has not been forgotten, but also that you won't find him in Ripples of Fate.

The Arcanist got Alt Kearis-ed again, huh? lol. That last part makes me wonder if he will be a model for the Other Side. (!?)

The Miss Fire Promo says there is a limit of 1 per order.  Can I make two separate orders of $100+ and get two of them?  Or would that be frowned upon and/or prohibited?

I ask because a friend of mine will be on military training during the sale and doesn't know if he will be able to place an order, so I'll be placing and order for him while he's gone, and we are both hoping to get the promo model.

I wondered how long till this was asked. I think this year is the longest it has taken. ;)

If it is like the previous years, it has always been 1 Miss model for each order over or equal to $100.00. Gonna spend $900.00 on one order, get 1 Miss Fire. Break that $900.00 into 9 separate $100.00 orders, get 9 Miss Fire. It's done all the time. Rougher on those who are paying for shipping though, as you'll need to pay shipping on each order.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Nathan Caroland said:

People do it all the time.

37 minutes ago, Fetid Strumpet said:

I wondered how long till this was asked. I think this year is the longest it has taken. ;)

If it is like the previous years, it has always been 1 Miss model for each order over or equal to $100.00. Gonna spend $900.00 on one order, get 1 Miss Fire. Break that $900.00 into 9 separate $100.00 orders, get 9 Miss Fire. It's done all the time. Rougher on those who are paying for shipping though, as you'll need to pay shipping on each order.

Thanks, I don't think it is worth paying the shipping over and over, but in this case two of us will be paying our own shipping.  I just want to make sure Wyrd wasn't going to think I was taking advantage of their generosity and frown on splitting my order, or just not send the second one.

16 minutes ago, Myyrä said:

What should I do if I don't quite remember how many I currently have? Should I buy a few more just in case?

What if you thought you had more decks than you really did, and so bought too few? The stress of that mistake might make you lose sleep! Is it worth it?

• Like 1

@Aaron Have you determined whether the Iconic Fate Decks are same material as Inked Fate or Arcane, Retro? I'm a huge fan of the Retro deck material (kinda matte but slightly textured) I found the Inked Fate decks felt a little flimsy, though I know they're plastic and wont tear necessarily, but they just fall flat for me. 

I will say this though, regardless of the material (as a graphic designer) that Iconic Fate deck is gorgeous and will most likely buy it anyway. :)

9 minutes ago, Endalaus said:

@Aaron Have you determined whether the Iconic Fate Decks are same material as Inked Fate or Arcane, Retro? I'm a huge fan of the Retro deck material (kinda matte but slightly textured) I found the Inked Fate decks felt a little flimsy, though I know they're plastic and wont tear necessarily, but they just fall flat for me. 

I will say this though, regardless of the material (as a graphic designer) that Iconic Fate deck is gorgeous and will most likely buy it anyway. :)

21 hours ago, Nathan Caroland said:

We have never done incentives beyond the $100 for a MISS during Gencon. Folks are thinking about Black Friday about the $150 and $300 levels I'm assuming.

Yes these are all pre-release and will eventually hit stores. We've been busting our humps to get caught up, and ahead, and stay that way. While they will be available at Gencon, they most certainly will be available at your LGS's in the near future and if you feel better about purchasing from there, by all means, do so, won't hurt our feelings in the least as we're pleased to see that.

Classic Fate deck is paper based and in a tuck box. Iconic and Twisted is plastic and comes in a magnetized flap/lid deck box much like Bad Ink. 

We'll open up the webstore sometime Wednesday afternoon/evening. We don't announce an exact time due to the fact that in the past that has just caused people to swamp the servers and cause issues. Hasn't been so much an issue since we moved to the new servers/software, but why risk it?! It'll go through Monday afternoon on our way back from Gencon. 

Ramen can be made better: http://www.seriouseats.com/2011/03/ramen-hacks-30-easy-ways-to-upgrade-your-instant-noodles-japanese-what-to-do-with-ramen.html

:)