Brutal Emissary and...

trikk

So after my initial 'meh' towards the Emissary I`m looking for cool list ideas using him.

My biggest issue is that he requires the list to be build around him.

Some ideas I came up with:

Samael and Emissary in Sonnia list. The Emissary double walks and next turn he uses the (0) to put Burning, charges/shoots from Samael`s gun, then Samael unburies and does the same thing.

Other idea was a buried KJ in Lady J with Emissary and 3x Expert Sleuth. Abuela makes Emissary bury Justice, she then pops out, charges something, hopefully doesn`t die T1, then you use 3x Expert Sleuth to hopefully win initiative, Lady J smacks 3 times and when she`s dead KJ pops out. The good thing is-> even if KJ is buried the Emissary can use his Cleaver or Hooked Chain.

Any other ideas?

Just now, trikk said:

Whats your opinion on Gamin+Hans+Mobile Toolkit + Emissary + Hoff. Smile requires an 8:crow and vs some masters might be frustrating (not to mention show of force)

Very situational and very expensive, ergo bad. With similar investment you could kill most models instead of removing the upgrades from them.

Mcmourning and sebastian have a similar trick  to sonnias.  I also like to tport papa loco into a crowd (works well with KJ too because they will burn high cards to avoid the explosives).  Papa can also give pluses to damage to the emissary, then get boxed by a death marshall.  This makes the emissarys gun and papas throw dynamite a very scary prospect.  I think I have more but I'll have to think about them. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, trikk said:

Well, you can have the Emissary with a :+fate to damage using Hans`s rifle. OTOH probably a Trapper could do a similar thing for 2SS less.

For 13-15ss less you can have Emissary using his own gun with :+fate for damage. You can spend those SS to take two austringers, two trappers, Ryle+something, Howard Langston, or whatever.

Adding to that trapper trick, the crit strike on his gun, coupled with targeting systems for the ram and fast from hoffman could put out a considerable amount of turn one damage.

Someone in another thread mentioned blowing up the emissary with papas ability, but I don't really like that one myself.  I don't think its worth it.

One of my favorites is having Frank boxed from the turn before, using enfrente a mi to jump into the middle of the opponent, where his multi shot trigger and slow aura can do the most harm (especially if emissary is def 8 wp 7).   Then frank unboxes and can cut down whatever survives, before finessing.  Tormento de plomo would be an acceptable alternative in this if it weren't a 2 action (I don't remember if it is a 1 or 2 action, but I'm betting it is a 2, or I would take it more).

Against Kaeris or Colette I like executioner teleports a lot, he jumps in, gets to eat scheme markers and attacks without triggering those pesky def triggers (though watch where you place it.  He won't survive howard or the rail golem) .

Getting the timing and ranges down for the box/unbox for the emissary can be tricky at times, but man is it fun when you land it.

I keep hearing that Nellie makes people drop scheme markers, but I don't think she really does. She gives them the option to drop a marker to avoid future damage, but if that is going to be really advantageous to you they aren't going to do it. Mostly what I see that ability being useful for is providing Evidence, draining health off something that wants to spend a lot of time engaged or otherwise not take interact actions, or just to deal 2 damage to something when it next activates. 

• Like 1

My only problem with a Burning Sonnia list that hinges on the Brutal's 0 action is that a competent play can stop that ball from dropping by patting out the burning. 

Yes it wastes an activation from the opponent, but that could stop Sonnia from hurting your opponent's crew with ignoring LoS blasts off of that would-be burning model. 

I really like him with Lucius.  If you do the 0 action for the minion heal, and are running Lucius's conflux, you can burn your own minions to pull all the stone stones you want for the turn, and then your minions will just heal right back up against once they activate.  It's a nice way to make sure you're getting the suits you need for Lucius - who can be quite card hungry.

He's expensive, and it takes away from some of the other minions you can field, but I feel like he's a great asset and beater for the crew (plus adds awesome utility), with a side bonus of making Lucius hit reasonably hard in melee.

On 7/19/2016 at 8:29 AM, 4thstringer said:

One of my favorites is having Frank boxed from the turn before, using enfrente a mi to jump into the middle of the opponent, where his multi shot trigger and slow aura can do the most harm (especially if emissary is def 8 wp 7).   Then frank unboxes and can cut down whatever survives, before finessing.

Frank-in-a-box (Emissary) has been a staple of my regular opponent's for a long time. It works very, very well.