Painters Challenge 2016 - JULY

Franchute

Hey, I decided to help @Vaiuri with the July thread of the painter challenge. I'll simply paraphrase the Lord Supreme @Vaiuri:

Please post an update with your completed JUNE pledge with the soulstone value and @Vaiuri will update the tracking sheet.

Feel free to use this thread to post WIP photos (if you so desire), get feedback, trade ideas and hobby tips as we forge a path through the start of summer.

When you have completed your pledge, feel free to post it, but @Vaiuri would like everyone to post at the start of AUGUST with their completed pledge photo and stone value for JULY - this will make it a lot easier for him to keep track of where everyone is up to. You can also PM him with your completed pledge if you like, and he'll add it to our tracker.

If you see any errors in the tracker please let him know (again, PM is more likely to be spotted).

In my case, I only painted Lazarus during June for 10 soulstones:
Lazarus_zpst4gtfxxq.jpg

I was almost there with my witchling stalker, but between work travel and parenting, I couldn't make in the end. Hopefully, the stalker will be finished this weekend, when I'll come back from another work trip.

• Like 2

PC16_Jun_zpsyxkui6dh.jpg

It's lucky for Snowstorm that they are bulletproof!

In June I finished:

• Snowstorm 11 SS
  • 2 Archangel Interceptors 134 pts
  • 4 Falcon Gunships 160 pts

Close ups.

All my DZC is painted now, it's not often I can say that about a game. :) So it will be all Malifaux for a while now. For July I'm done with Yin and Toshiro, Komainu is in progress (finishing off the Yan Lo themed stuff). Then more Ressers, dunno what order.

• Like 2

Here are the minis I painted in June:

painters_challenge_june_zps2vjgay5f.jpg

36 soulstones in total. More pictures here.

And my July pledge (I just applied some basic colors to them but it's all been done this month). Just 15 soulstones declared but if I manage, I will paint some more Seishin

painters_challenge_july_zpszmmhybzh.jpg

• Like 4

On 7/6/2016 at 7:05 PM, Franchute said:

If I understood correctly, it should count for your SS points as well.

Thanks, Franchute.  I'm not worried about including the half-done models in the SS total.  I am doing enough from scratch each month to keep in my 5--10 level anyway.  I am just using this challenge to motivate me to get caught up on partly done models as well.  Cheers.

Edited by prof_bycid
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, prof_bycid said:

Thanks, Franchute.  I'm worried about including the half-done models in the SS total.  I am doing enough from scratch each month to keep in my 5--10 level anyway.  I am just using this challenge to motivate me to get caught up on partly done models as well.  Cheers.

Anyway it's always nice to get some recognition for your work :)

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Vaiuri said:

Hope this is the right file! :)  Apologies if I've missed anyone!

Malifaux_Painting_2016.xlsx

@Vaiuri I noticed mistakes on my sheet: in may I painted Grimwell for 9 soulstones (not 5) and in June it was Lazarus for 10 (not 5). Don't discourage me please! :) 

This my fault as I initially announced I would paint a stalker both months, but I didnt in the end. I definitely should finish this stalker this month...

Edit: Maybe I've just understood the rule. Is it the case that I cannot score more than 5 points a month because I'm in the minion category?

7 hours ago, Franchute said:

@Vaiuri I noticed mistakes on my sheet: in may I painted Grimwell for 9 soulstones (not 5) and in June it was Lazarus for 10 (not 5). Don't discourage me please! :) 

This my fault as I initially announced I would paint a stalker both months, but I didnt in the end. I definitely should finish this stalker this month...

Edit: Maybe I've just understood the rule. Is it the case that I cannot score more than 5 points a month because I'm in the minion category?

It's because you declared yourself in Minion category, if you fancy keeping track of the extra you've done for a final total at the end be my guess (paperwork isn't my strongest point!).

• Like 1

Decided to stick with the Mr. Cooper crew and do Thin Lizzy for July.  Also going to start on the Rasputina crew and so have 3 Ice Gamin for July as well.  The head of one Gamin is unattached and sitting above and behind the model.  I am going to try a bit of a conversion on these, and didn't want to dremel the head off by accident, so I'll attach it later, after the new replacement parts are glued in place.  Hopefully I'll get these all done to show you by end of July; starting a bit late this month.

large.July2016_Lizzy_and_Gamin.jpg

Cheers all.

• Like 1

I've been a bit late in posting up my models painted for June, but here they are;

2016-07-17%2010.36.31_zpsxktenm2e.jpg

Hoffman (15), Guardian (8), Metal Gamin (4), Mech Attendant (2), Mobile Toolkit (3), and Desperate Merc (4) for 36SS total. The Death Marshall was half painted before starting this challenge, so he won't count.

At the moment I've got this pool of models for July; 

2016-07-12%2017.47.04_zpsh5vchk1m.jpg

..of course I also might end up getting some Jorogymo, Master Queeg and Obsidian Oni when they come out this month, which could well take priority. It's a good month to be a 10-T player...it's justa  pity it has to be right before I fly out to Gencon in August. :P

• Like 2