Banning theRat Engine...

SlackerLM

38 minutes ago, Blacks85 said:

ps do not count peon when activating but keep activate another piece until you activate a non-peon would probably balance this and more situation.

That would be a really big change and it would make some Peons who can fight even semi-well quite scary.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Math Mathonwy said:

That would be a really big change and it would make some Peons who can fight even semi-well quite scary.

Definitely, I just had a game yesterday where the Young Lacroix did a lot of damage through out the game. That change would cause a whole new host of issues.

I have not played against the rat engine, but in a game that is about alternating activation's any list that effectively changes the game to You Go, I Go needs to be fixed to prevent that subversion of the game design.

• Like 1

It's still you go, I go, I go for a rat, and you better go for something which actually has an impact on the game, I'm usually not overly fond over a big beater in my own crew as well.

It's not as if these rats prevent you from doing something that scores vp just by activating, play with and against your opponent, ask questions which can't be answered by just out-activating....

Just my opinion as a player with experience with and against the engine, don't be overly scared :)

• Like 1

So the ratjoy engine is now finished (out of Hamelin). The only thing for me is that having the option to buy a 2ss rat just to give me one more cheap activation (wich outcasts need out of hamelin) is no more a possibility, so unless I buy Hamelin I have a bunch of no use rats.

I wish the change would be a bit more subtle without prohibiting other masters acess to the odd cheap 2ss unit.

36 minutes ago, nunorod said:

So the ratjoy engine is now finished (out of Hamelin). The only thing for me is that having the option to buy a 2ss rat just to give me one more cheap activation (wich outcasts need out of hamelin) is no more a possibility, so unless I buy Hamelin I have a bunch of no use rats.

I wish the change would be a bit more subtle without prohibiting other masters acess to the odd cheap 2ss unit.

too many people cried, Wyrd listen.

To be honest, it makes sense because the engine makes game boring to play in both sides of the field.

It's just because they are nice fillers if you have spare 2SS or if you think one more activation would help not be too much out activated. For instances, in Outcasts you have great and lot's of 10 SS choices, so I think the rats filled that role a bit.

Otherwise, if it was a problem it should be solved.

The one who needs fixing now is Lucius, and that's for opposite reason as the Rat Engine in non-Hamelin crews. He's a cool Master, but it seems like everything he does, you can find another Guild or Neverborn Master that does it better.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MR TORGUE said:

agreed; maybe just give him a low cost obey with triggers... 

servant could also prov +2:ramCa - while within 3" or something... 

theres loads of possibilities - struggle to understand how they settled on the current rules for him.. 

Colette needs a obey-like attack cap on Prompt. Belles could be dropped to ca 6, and still be really good for their cost.

To turn the focus a bit. Lets say Lucius and Jack (as has been discussed) were to get a new upgrade which would either fix their perceived problems or give them a new aspect to their arsenals. What would that be? I don't think either will be errata-buffed. Wyrd usually handles buffs via upgrades, which is the better option.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Patzer said:

Colette needs a obey-like attack cap on Prompt. Belles could be dropped to ca 6, and still be really good for their cost.

To turn the focus a bit. Lets say Lucius and Jack (as has been discussed) were to get a new upgrade which would either fix their perceived problems or give them a new aspect to their arsenals. What would that be? I don't think either will be errata-buffed. Wyrd usually handles buffs via upgrades, which is the better option.

What's wrong with Jack?

8 minutes ago, daniello_s said:

What's wrong with Jack?

According to me, not much really! Maybe I read the above statement wrong, but some seemed to suggest that he needed some attention.

If anything, more diversity with his upgrades. I always take the same upgrades on him (TaT, FTT, Curse x3) and I genuinely feel that is his best set.

2 minutes ago, Patzer said:

According to me, not much really! Maybe I read the above statement wrong, but some seemed to suggest that he needed some attention.

If you're talking about my comment, that was only because daniello_s was one of the most vocal against the new FAQ and recently reduced all his Outcasts to just Leveticus & Jack ... :-P

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mutter said:

If you're talking about my comment, that was only because daniello_s was one of the most vocal against the new FAQ and recently reduced all his Outcasts to just Leveticus & Jack ... :-P

Just to clarify one thing ;)

I wasn't (and still I'm not) against recent FAQ. Fore more I'm glad that Channel was trimmed as previous one was broken. Levi is still a powerful killing tool with access to loads nice models and I'm happy to continue using him. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Patzer said:

That is absolutely the key.

Colette needs to make Prompt once per turn....and belle, yeah - CA 6 would be strong anyway but more balanced.

21 minutes ago, Blacks85 said:

That is absolutely the key.

Colette needs to make Prompt once per turn....and belle, yeah - CA 6 would be strong anyway but more balanced.

No she really, really doesn't. Obey is limited to a single attack per turn on the same model, you can still obey as much as you want for other actions. Colette's prompt only works on friendly models, and her crew is absurdly fragile. She needs the repositioning shenanigans to survive. I could maybe see a once attack per turn limit if the casting cost was reduced or something, but otherwise the ability is fine. Yes, she's powerful. But almost all masters have at least one scary powerful thing. If we start taking that away, they'll become extremely bland. I could start arguing Sonnia's blast thing is too powerful, or Nicodem's summoning and that's a very slippery slope.

• Justin locked this topic