Best damage dealers

TeddyBear

Hi all!

Today i would like to ask you (that you certainly more experienced that me):Pwhich masters (and their relative crews) can do more damage in less time and why?(regardless their other abilities like resilent, placing scheme marker, board control exc.)

I have seen that many similar question were made in other old topic and i apologize for this, but when i read mcmourning stat. cards at "expunge" ability (istantaneous velocity), i was little stunned :mellow:

and i understand why many people consider it a tier 1..

What do you think about it? Correct me if i wrong,

I started to play recently and i don't know much every crews.

Thanks all and sorry for language-mistakes.

..if i think that chihuahua does the same thing.. :mellow::mellow:

This is not an easy question to answer. 

There are multiple ways to look at it.  On an out and out damage, I think you'll find that Ramos with the Brass arachnid, Howard Langstrum, Rail Golem and the Ice golem will be able to cause more  damage than just about anything else. (The Brass arachnid can reactivate them all, and they are capable of doing huge damage in their activation). 

From an overall crew set up, I think if you take a Viks crew with Hannah, the emmisary, put reactivate on Vik of Blood, and give them all +2 damage on attacks. Possibly also turnign a blood wretch into a sister with the upgrade that turn. 

The perferomer can do more damage than McMorning, in that she uisn't limited to 9 damage when she uses her sirens lure with its built in trigger, but her and the Chnhahua will both have armour reduce their damage, whilst Mcmorning won't. 

On turn 5 if you have McCabe give the pale rider, his glowing sabre, the pale rider has :ram:ram:ram:ramto add to his duel, which is quite a lot of extra damage. 

I think the single most damaging attack I can come up with is 24 damage on a single hit (Although I will say that attacks which deal damage equal to a condition can beat this as they don't really have much of a limit. If you thought expunge was good, look at bleeding desaese!)

The Rail golem, Sabertooth cerberus, Francois Lacroix and Mature nephlim can all have infinite attacks in the right circumstances. Thats pretty hard to out damage. 

Ophelia and her crew have very liberal access to the Dumb Luck Trigger (or Thinking Luck in Ophelia's case) which doubles their damage making for pretty crazy damage tracks. Pere Ravege can even triple his damage track. And the Trigger can be achieved automatically by being next to Lenny and they all have three APs so that's quite a bit of damage.

Rooster Riders can Charge four times in an activation and have a 2/4/6 damage track with easy access to positive twists for both attack and damage. So that's potentially eight attacks at Ml6 with positives. Which is quite a bit for a 6SS Minion.

Finally, Ulix shooting a Pig in the Rear with his Bow can result in quite a bit of destruction as well since the Pig will keep on Charging as long as it kills the target.

Big question, what do you wanna kill?
A model can have great severe damage to be a great damage dealer.
A model can have a high minimum damage to be a great damage dealer.
A model might be able to ignore any defenses to damage reliable to be a great damage dealer.

A model might be able to hit multiple times to be a great damage dealer.
A model might have a good sh/me/ca-Number to be a great damage dealer.
A model might be able to damage you more easily with certain abilities (ignoring line of sight etc.) to be a great damage dealer.

But if your just looking at it hypothetically, misaki might be able to deal the most damage in one activation under perfect circumstances.

32 minutes ago, DXXXVIII said:

But if your just looking at it hypothetically, misaki might be able to deal the most damage in one activation under perfect circumstances.

Interesting

What are the circumstances that you see Misaki being able to deal the most damage? She wouldn't be my top choice for it, but I haven't actually looked into it. I can see her getting 6 attacks, but her max damage isn't all that high. is it?  (i'm seeing 38 assuming 1 red joker during her activation and all severes. Justice can get 51 in similar circumstance, marcus is 38, each Vik is 35 not counting Whirlwinds. Howard Langstrum is 32, Pale rider on turn 5 is 39, I can't get Bishop above 38, and McMorning is 42)

(This is ignoring any of the potentially infinite options already mentioned, and I've kind of had to ignore area damage, as its too variable)

3 hours ago, Adran said:

If you thought expunge was good, look at bleeding desaese!)

I don't know nothing about Hamelin and sure i wrong, but i think "expunge" is better..

"expunge" and "bleeding disease" are similar because they doing damage equal to condition on one piece but

The pieces that can hiring in hamelin's crew it seems to me that doing base lower damage from their attack actions than (for example) resser mc mourning pieces; although the largest number of pieces of the hamelin's crew can use bleeding disease.

But poison condition do 1 damage at the end of every turn..

I don't understand if blighted condition  increase of 1 every turn on models with this condition..

What does 24 dmg on single hit?? :mellow:

Thanks

30 minutes ago, TeddyBear said:

I don't know nothing about Hamelin and sure i wrong, but i think "expunge" is better..

"expunge" and "bleeding disease" are similar because they doing damage equal to condition on one piece but

The pieces that can hiring in hamelin's crew it seems to me that doing base lower damage from their attack actions than (for example) resser mc mourning pieces; although the largest number of pieces of the hamelin's crew can use bleeding disease.

But poison condition do 1 damage at the end of every turn..

I don't understand if blighted condition  increase of 1 every turn on models with this condition..

What does 24 dmg on single hit?? :mellow:

Thanks

If the Ice golem does its 3 AP attacks that has a 9/10/12 damage profile, and it is under bite of winter(+1 damage), and has been hit by a nurses for +2 Damage and flips a red joker for damage. (12+9+2+1=24)

Blighted naturally increases every turn, and it has no maximum. So its not that hard to get blighted to a high level. And more models have bleeding diesese than have expunge, so you have more chances to get it to hit. It also doesn't remove the condition when it does the damage (so I can make a model witjh Blighted+4 get hit by bleeding diesese 5 times in the turn, and it will take 20 damage. A model with poison +4 will take 4 damage from expunge, and then be free of poison)

Which is better, is a different matter. And depends on what you want. 

In an ideal situation, with appropriately grouped enemies, and the right flips, Wong can, I believe, do the most damage with a single AP of any model in the game.

In a Wong list, with Ooo Glowy, with a Student of Conflict (Why not?) and Lenny in the right place, and an enemy in range, Burt Jebsen can deal, at minimum, 20 points of damage in an activation, ignoring Armor, Incorporeal, and Hard to Kill. With the Rams on the attack, that would be 24 minimum. With 2 Weak, 1 Moderate, 1 Severe, that would be 29, with no Rams, 33 with Rams. Maximum possible damage being 42.

2 hours ago, thebarbalag said:

In a Wong list, with Ooo Glowy, with a Student of Conflict (Why not?) and Lenny in the right place, and an enemy in range, Burt Jebsen can deal, at minimum, 20 points of damage in an activation, ignoring Armor, Incorporeal, and Hard to Kill. With the Rams on the attack, that would be 24 minimum. With 2 Weak, 1 Moderate, 1 Severe, that would be 29, with no Rams, 33 with Rams. Maximum possible damage being 42.

If you don't need to ignore armour, incorporeal and htk, Som'er can outdo it, with 2 skeeters and himself putting up 5 Do It Like Dis auras for +:ram:ram:ram:ram:ram

6 minutes ago, Dogmantra said:

If you don't need to ignore armour, incorporeal and htk, Som'er can outdo it, with 2 skeeters and himself putting up 5 Do It Like Dis auras for +:ram:ram:ram:ram:ram

While that's true, that also leaves you with no hand (well, two cards), and 1 less AP, because you're using the Skeeters instead of the Student. Also, you're burning three Master AP. With Wong, you've used the totem, but Wong himself still gets to blast away with his own AP. Of course, now we're getting into actual game ideas, rather than ludicrous flights of fancy. My apologies. Next thing you know I'll be suggesting that there's no reason to do so much damage...

35 minutes ago, thebarbalag said:

Also, you're burning three Master AP.

I don't wanna be too nitpicky, cos like you said, this is a ridiculous flight of fancy, but you only use Som'er's (0). If Do It Like Dis was a (1) it could be pretty obscene.

(also losing fast is fine, +4 net damage/attack means you'll be doing +12 damage over 3 attacks, and that fourth can't do 12 to catch up the difference... of course we're assuming that everything flips perfectly here, yours is probably much more consistent due to having a hand and an extra chance to hit)

• Like 1

Yeah, been a while since I've played Somer. For practical purposes, when I've played Gremlins, I've found the Wong build has an easier time getting the pieces in place than the Somer build, which is going to get more out of a single DiLD for Crows for Francois, Masks for Somer himself, or Rams for a horde of Bayous. Sigh. There I go again being realistic. Sorry. ;)

13 hours ago, Adran said:

This is not an easy question to answer. 

There are multiple ways to look at it.  On an out and out damage, I think you'll find that Ramos with the Brass arachnid, Howard Langstrum, Rail Golem and the Ice golem will be able to cause more  damage than just about anything else. (The Brass arachnid can reactivate them all, and they are capable of doing huge damage in their activation). 

I've been on the wrong end of this with just Howard Langston. Took my whole hand (I had a lot of high cards) and almost all my soulstones in damage prevention to save Nekima, then the combined effort of Nekima, Lilith, a Terror Tot and a Black Blood Shaman to take him down before it happened again. This also cost me the game due to how much I focused on it rather than schemes.

Ok, I've done a little looking, and I've come up with some high values. These are single model activation, in a legal 50 ss crew without the opponent having to provide anything. I am ignoring the 8+ models which have the potential to go infinite (and 5 of those are arcanist). I am also ignoring damage that might be caused by area of effects, (so blast damage, and an unknow number of extra attacks from triggers like whirlwind are ignored). I have gone for every hit hitting, and every damage flip being a severe except for 1, which is red joker damage flip. 

As a base line, I could only get Misaki to 44 damage over her turn. 

Lady Justice comes in on 59

Which is much lower than her Henchman, Judge, who I got to 70

Killjoy gets to 76

Trixie was able to get to 60

The Vik of Ash was able to reach 83 (And I could give her reactivate and accomplice to go twice, and do it again, if I had to.)

But, that pails to the rooster rider who can put out 90! damage in 1 activation.

Putting them in second place to the best damage dealer in Malifaux over the course of 1 activation, and that is Ulix, who tops out with a total of 93. (I haven't used shot in the rear, because this leads to an unknown number of attacks). 

12 minutes ago, Adran said:

Putting them in second place to the best damage dealer in Malifaux over the course of 1 activation, and that is Ulix, who tops out with a total of 93. (I haven't used shot in the rear, because this leads to an unknown number of attacks). 

Wow, how does he manage this? I imagine Student of Conflict for Fast, a Clobberin Stick severe hit followed by four AP on making three War Pigs hit stuff, letting each one get their charge trigger once?

Ulix, Student of Conflict, 4 pigs (I went for boars because they are cheaper with the same damage profile as the war pig and also have stampede) and Wrath. 

For each of Ulix' 4 Ap he makes a pig attack, it then does its once per activation trigger to charge something (which is why you need 4 pigs). It needs to be under Wraths +1 damage aura to get that high, but it means each AP can do 21 damage (+2 for the red joker) getting you to 86. 

His clobering stick (0) should then make that up to 93

4 minutes ago, Adran said:

Ulix, Student of Conflict, 4 pigs (I went for boars because they are cheaper with the same damage profile as the war pig and also have stampede) and Wrath. 

For each of Ulix' 4 Ap he makes a pig attack, it then does its once per activation trigger to charge something (which is why you need 4 pigs). It needs to be under Wraths +1 damage aura to get that high, but it means each AP can do 21 damage (+2 for the red joker) getting you to 86. 

His clobering stick (0) should then make that up to 93

What?? :huh::huh::huh::mellow:

But about the "blighted condition" (you have intrigued me a lot!) it could be removed?

It is not slow to apply at enemy?

(sorry as alway for any  writing mistakes)

3 minutes ago, TeddyBear said:

But about the "blighted condition" (you have intrigued me a lot!) it could be removed?

It is not slow to apply at enemy?

Blighted will be removed by condition removal. But if thy haven't bought any condition removal, then it doesn't go away. There aren't that many sources of condition removal, but a lot of people will pick them because of the removal. (Johan is one of the most common sources, since he is a merc so anyone can take him. But if you blight 3 different models, he won't be able to remove it from all of them.)

Its not that hard to get it applied (rats apply it with every hit, and because it doesn't damage in its own right, its rare people cheat to deny it, especially since you probably have multiple rats to try and apply it). I've not played Hamelin much, but if you go for it, you can get some fairly high blighted levels with relatively little effort. 

A Steam Arachnid Swarm in Hoffman, with Fast and the Wrath Aura, could get up to 92, (though you'd have to find a way to cycle that deck, since there's only 12 severes plus a red joker, and it gets 15 attacks... so you could bump it to 94 in that case). Unless Wrath aura actually does add 2 to red joker damage, in which case it's 94/98)