Rippling Tides Masters

Ammanas

Arcanists have plenty of ranged attacks, they are just generally spells (e.g. Silent One, Oxfordian) or natural attacks (e.g. Fire Gamin). It's firearms that are rare (only Gunsmiths and Envy). There aren't a lot of expensive pieces that specialize in ranged attacks though, like say Lazarus or MacTavish, but to be fair that is pretty rare across all factions.

And just because you ask, I don't love gunsmiths. You might even go so far as to say that I hold them in contempt. :P 

1 minute ago, Redbeard said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!!! I never heard that joke before!

Does anyone dispute that Wyrd's minis are in a lot of pieces? I'm not sure where the fascination comes from completely baseless positing of the number of pieces. I have to assume it's supposed to be humor, but I'm not sure where the funny comes in, and certainly after MONTHS of the same joke the magic of the original joke is lost?

Who said I was joking. For many the "humor" comes from how true it is. If you do not believe that go assemble insidious madnesses.

• Like 2

I have a feeling the whole Gamin interaction is just going to be the fact that they can all borrow his spells, so he can load up on a bunch of 4 stone models who are suddenly all spell slingers.  Now the question is which one is best to use... Arachnids, Wind Gamin, and Fire Gamin are Wk 5 and Armor +1 but only 4 wounds, Ice Gamin's Wk 4 but Armor +1 and 5 wounds, or Metal Gamin's Wk 4 Armor +2 and 4 wounds.  I'm kind of leaning more towards Arachnids or Metal Gamin honestly, with the good mobility on the former and the tankiness on the latter.  What do you all think, what Gamin do you want to be Sandeep's pro spellslinger models?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, D_acolyte said:

The lending of spells could be interesting, I wonder how many he will have.

Or if Upgrades work with that Ability?

I think it works that way, but I forget how they word things, if it counts as printed on him when it's on an Upgrade, or what.

Oh well, who would have thought they'd name an Ability like that Bacon?

5 minutes ago, retnab said:

I have a feeling the whole Gamin interaction is just going to be the fact that they can all borrow his spells, so he can load up on a bunch of 4 stone models who are suddenly all spell slingers.

Since each of his actions can only be Beaconed once each turn by anyone you won't be able to make lots of models casters. 

23 minutes ago, retnab said:

I have a feeling the whole Gamin interaction is just going to be the fact that they can all borrow his spells, so he can load up on a bunch of 4 stone models who are suddenly all spell slingers.  Now the question is which one is best to use... Arachnids, Wind Gamin, and Fire Gamin are Wk 5 and Armor +1 but only 4 wounds, Ice Gamin's Wk 4 but Armor +1 and 5 wounds, or Metal Gamin's Wk 4 Armor +2 and 4 wounds.  I'm kind of leaning more towards Arachnids or Metal Gamin honestly, with the good mobility on the former and the tankiness on the latter.  What do you all think, what Gamin do you want to be Sandeep's pro spellslinger models?

Definitely Wind Gamin-the beacon seems ideally suited to mobile, fast moving minions with limited actions of their own, and with Wk5, flight and Leap, Wind Gamin fit that profile ideally, answering the earlier question of what synergies would be possible with them. Hoarcat Prides and the Arcane Effigy also come to mind. Of the other Gamin, Fire Gamin have a decent shoot attack of their own, and Ice and Metal only have a Wk4 compared to Wk. Of course, an oxfordian Mage can use his ACADEMIC status to guarantee a tome to use with 'Student of All', but like Fire Gamin they replace a decent ranged attack. Overall though, this feels like a power which is strongest in its flexibility-I can see myself taking this option with most models I use under good conditions.

This doesn't feel in itself like it justifies a specific mention of Gamin in his description, so I'd guess there's something else. Perhaps his limited upgrades are split GAMIN synergy/ACADEMIC synergy. Really happy to have an academic spellcaster in the faction however his upgrades turn out, and as I said earlier there's real potential for a great character based on the possible mythologies.

• Like 2

On ‎04‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 0:20 AM, Fog said:

I wish I could join in on this discussion.

All I can say is you won't be disappointed.  I'm pretty sure we 'won' the new master lottery.

I think we got the best deal out of all of them! Deffos happy with how it all turned out tbh!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Griffin839 said:

Seeing how he looks middle eastern I'm really hoping for a Djinn in his crew now. But Sandeep is also kinda a Persian/Indian name too right? Maybe Asura? Something mythical would be awesome.

I think he is Indian, not middle eastern. His turban is more reminiscent of a Pagri in my opinion, disclaimer I am not an expert. His weapon is reminiscent of an "mace" from India that I saw once. A crew of Asura would be neat.

Asura or Deva, either would be cool. 

Though spirits and demons have kind of alreadyb been "claimed" by other masters. 

Definitely keen to find out more about Mr Sandeep, wonder if he'll have Thugee themed minions

4 hours ago, D_acolyte said:

I think he is Indian, not middle eastern. His turban is more reminiscent of a Pagri in my opinion, disclaimer I am not an expert. His weapon is reminiscent of an "mace" from India that I saw once. A crew of Asura would be neat.

As pointed out on the other thread it's called a gada. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gada_(mace)

Also I'm super stoked and apparently have to play Arcanists now. 

:-) 

• Like 1

On 06/06/2016 at 5:48 PM, Tawg said:

Or if Upgrades work with that Ability?

I think it works that way, but I forget how they word things, if it counts as printed on him when it's on an Upgrade, or what.

Oh well, who would have thought they'd name an Ability like that Bacon?

Pretty sure that since this ability specifies on his stat card it won't let you copy actions from upgrades

10 hours ago, Adran said:

Pretty sure that since this ability specifies on his stat card it won't let you copy actions from upgrades

I don't have my books on hand, but is it differently worded than Hanna or Malifaux Child?  I thought those could copy things from upgrades as well.  Or like, the whole Neverborn copying attacks from Upgrades with those "mimic" style models?

Or do none of those do that?  Because I thought they did, and it was similarly worded?