Starting with Ramos

Spellscape

Hello

Together with with friends we want to start Malifaux and  friend of mine choosed

Ramos  set (I'm writing it their name). (rest will be Rasputina , Zoraida , Shenlong and others)

He and I never  played Malifaux so we need to know what to get in addition to playing cards, starter set to make 50 ss?

Thank you for help (I'll be posting in other forum factions because my friends can't write in English)

Mobile toolkit might not be easy to get yet, just got releases.

You'll want a box of 6 spiders for sure, I'd suggest having 9 spiders and 1 swarm.

Johan is a great pickup. Mechanical Rider is pretty good as well, but expensive.

An electrical creation would be good, they're good to make scrap off of in the first turn so you can start summoning.

• Like 1

For Ramos, I bought an additional box of Steam Arachnids and an Electrical Creation. I still haven't played the Creation yet, since I lost one of its pieces & haven't yet mustered the will to fix the missing bit.

Other than those, I would add Johan or a ranged fighter of some sort. My current favorites are a December Acolyte (which I already had, since I started with a Raspy crew) or Envy (although I wouldn't recommend picking up the Crossroads 7 immediately).

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/29/2016 at 2:03 PM, JoeJones said:

For Ramos, I bought an additional box of Steam Arachnids and an Electrical Creation. I still haven't played the Creation yet, since I lost one of its pieces & haven't yet mustered the will to fix the missing bit....

I proxied my Electrical Creation with a scrap marker. I usually don't like proxying models and I think it can also be a little unfair on your opponent.  I viewed my proxy as acceptable:

1. It was accurate (I treated it as a walking scrap marker).
  2. I never let it survive past turn 1.
  • Like 1

Using builder I've  came up to

Arcanists
50ss Crew

Ramos -- 4ss

Brass Arachnid - 4ss

Electrical Creation - 4ss

Howard Langston - 12ss

Joss - 10ss

Mobile Toolkit - 3ss

Steam Arachnid Swarm - 8ss

but I really don't know what to add for remained SS (or what to change)

4 hours ago, Spellscape said:

Using builder I've  came up to

Arcanists
50ss Crew

Ramos -- 4ss

Brass Arachnid - 4ss

Electrical Creation - 4ss

Howard Langston - 12ss

Joss - 10ss

Mobile Toolkit - 3ss

but I really don't know what to add for remained SS (or what to change)

As newbie 'Ramos prayer' I just read ALL about in this forum:

¤ Don't hire models which u 'll summon (steam arachnids in this case).

¤ Arachnid Swarm 'll need u only may be on turn 5 1st time.

¤ Ramos as a 'support master' often, should pay attention on auras from his upgrades (not so cheap but REALLY usefull) - c below pic#1.

¤ If u find any idea (as on pic#2 below) u should change your team for correct interaction of all models.

Two bands from http://bythetree.net/

#1 Melee.

Ramos_50ss_melee2.jpg

#2 Burning(u can change Johan and DecAcolyte on Howard depending on the schemes/strategy).

Ramos_50ss_burn2.jpg

32 minutes ago, Spellscape said:

Where did you get

Recharge Soulstone and Arcane Reservoir cards?

They're in the generalist upgrade deck. Definitely worth getting, As Archanist have really strong upgrades (Imbued Energies, Arcane Resevoir, sometimes Recharge Soulstone is good, if they have a lot of living models)

49 minutes ago, Trixter said:

#1 Melee.

Ramos_50ss_melee2.jpg

Gotta ask, who runs Howard without Imbued Energies? It's really just too good on him. 12in Flurry Range or 18in charge range is just too strong. Also, Open current often isn't that useful in my experience

A list I personally like is mostly equivalent to yours, but give Joss the Bleeding Edge Tech, and have Joss, Howard, and Johan take Imbued energies. Field Generator could be swapped for Combat Mechanic in some situations, or even a mobile toolkit. If your SS pool is too small for you, I'd drop Joss's Imbued Energies first, then maybe Johan's if you still want another, though personally that turn of fast is often just too good in a melee crew with no movement tricks.

53 minutes ago, BFOmega said:

Gotta ask, who runs Howard without Imbued Energies? It's really just too good on him. 12in Flurry Range or 18in charge range is just too strong. Also, Open current often isn't that useful in my experience

Seems like with Nimble Hank not need use Fast for movement and with Reactivate from Brass Arachnid Hank not need use Fast for attack.

I think +1 Def and 2dmg prevent after he kill most important enemy's model = Hank survive.

I disagree. Sure he's nimble, but people that know what he can do will plan around that. 13in is a lot, but you bump that up to 18in, and suddenly to play around Howard would have to be their entire plan.

I've never had too much trouble with losing him anyway. Send him into their flanks at the end of turn 1 or 2, when they might have 1 model that can respond, take out 2 models (one one the first charge/flurry, one on reactivate), and possible nimble to a safer position, depending on if you had to use it to get to the second target or not. He shouldn't be in the middle of their crew, not early on at least. The phrase that usually gets thrown around here about him is that he's a scalpel, not a hammer.

I'm little confused how to assemble swarm and single Arachnid. \

On box printed - 2 Arachnid swarms. Box includes 1 Swarm card and 3 Steam Arachnids (4SS each). So do I have 2 Swarms or 1 Swarm and 3 single or I just can put them on 40mm base and have 2nd Swarm?

How to assemble them better? Do I still need Arachnids box or Big Arachnids box?

Do I need (in general) anything from Kaeris box?

What about Aionus is it good for Ramos (or Arcanists)?

For a Steam Arachnid Swarm you technically put three Steam Arachnids onto a 40mm base, with Ramos you definitely want the box of 6 Steam Arachnids.  Forum wisdom says to do 9 solo Arachnids and 1 Swarm, personally I've gone 6 and 2 but I'm thinking of breaking up the 2nd swarm into single Arachnids as well.

If it were me? I'd drop Hank and Protection (14ss) plus the BA (4ss) in exchange for 2 Large Arachnids (12ss) and Angelica (6ss). Johan needs Energies instead of BET, and Joss should carry BET and Powered by Flame over his current load out. The positives to attack (Under Pressure) and additional burning (PbF) make large numbers of Arachnids exceedingly dangerous, while Arcing Field is critical in keeping them alive.

I would make sure to take a full cache, even if that means dropping Angelica for the Arcane Effigy. I haven't done the math to see if you have that yet...