Summoning Teddy

Paksos

Hi guys 

apologies if this is a tired and overdone question but I'm struggling to see how we summon Teddy with the Dreamer. 

Dreams of Pain for Teddy has TN 10 + ss cost of the model. Teddy is 11ss so this is TN 21. The ability itself has a Ca of 6 so surely you have to flip a 15 in order to hit the TN (6+15 to make the TN 21). As I understand it the highest card you can flip is a 14 (the red joker). 

So so how do we summon our Teddy Bears?? 

Thanks chaps and happy horrifying ?

The only current way is for you to bring Mr. Tannen along and get the positive adjustment to masks he gives, which I believe means the only way to do it is with Mr. Tannen, who has used that ability, to be in range of it, and use a Red Joker or specifically the 13 of masks. Summoning a Teddy, was never intended to be a common thing if ever.

The only way it is possible for the Dreamer to summon a Teddy is with Mr. Tannen.

Mr. Tannen's "Leave it to Luck" action causes all :mask to be +2 of the printed value for all models within :aura6 of him until the end of the turn.  Therefore, since you choose which suit the Red Joker is, it can potentially have the value of 16:mask

The thing to remember is that "Leave it to Luck" causes all :tome to have -2 of the printed value within the aura. 

Therefore, while in theory it is possible for the Dreamer to summon a Teddy, it requires a lot of luck in having the red joker in hand and having a 6 Soulstone model to be within 6 inches of the Dreamer that has already pulled off a specific CA action. 

2 hours ago, Solicitor 6 said:

The only way it is possible for the Dreamer to summon a Teddy is with Mr. Tannen.

Mr. Tannen's "Leave it to Luck" action causes all :mask to be +2 of the printed value for all models within :aura6 of him until the end of the turn.  Therefore, since you choose which suit the Red Joker is, it can potentially have the value of 16:mask

The thing to remember is that "Leave it to Luck" causes all :tome to have -2 of the printed value within the aura. 

Therefore, while in theory it is possible for the Dreamer to summon a Teddy, it requires a lot of luck in having the red joker in hand and having a 6 Soulstone model to be within 6 inches of the Dreamer that has already pulled off a specific CA action. 

13 :mask also works, as all that is required is a 15.

And the only luck involved is getting one of those two cards. The set up for it isn't luck.

• Like 1

As stated you need Tannen.

Another way to go about summoning Teddy is with the Widow Weaver and her Handbag upgrade. Its an expensive upgrade on a fairly fragile model but with 4 scrap/corpse markers and an 11:mask you can get a Teddy. Getting the markers isnt as hard as it sounds, as she can pick them up and carry them around.

Its an expensive, but slightly more reliable way of summoning Teddy.

• Like 1

There are three 13 value suited cards that can do it if you use a soulstone if I am not mistaken? I have seen hilarious games with 3-4 summoned teddies the first two turns. It seemed worth the investment in Tannen to me as an observer, especially since he is a very nice model just based on his other abilities. Don't forget to add stitched or a model with arcane reservoir for additional card draw to better the odds a little. Not sure if dreamer has enough upgrade slots for wings of darkness but the + to draw ability of that upgrade is usually worth the cost even if you don't care about the flying part.

13 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

There are three 13 value suited cards that can do it if you use a soulstone if I am not mistaken? I have seen hilarious games with 3-4 summoned teddies the first two turns. It seemed worth the investment in Tannen to me as an observer, especially since he is a very nice model just based on his other abilities. Don't forget to add stitched or a model with arcane reservoir for additional card draw to better the odds a little. Not sure if dreamer has enough upgrade slots for wings of darkness but the + to draw ability of that upgrade is usually worth the cost even if you don't care about the flying part.

This is incorrect. The card used has to have the mask according to Tannen's effect. Adding it via a soulstone doesn't change your card, it just adds it extra to your duel total. That way some models with a built-in trigger can get 3 times thesame suit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RobertSirc said:

I think we need to remember that Tannen brings out most of what dreamer can summon much easier than before. Sure getting the teddies out is awesome and I have done it before. But getting stitched out and IM's out with lower cards is nice. 

And he can help the Widow Weaver too.

• Like 1

I find Tannen to be a great option for Dreamer even discarding Leave it to Luck. Obviously, I will summon a Teddy any time I am able, but Cooler is such an amazing ability that I'd still bring him. Most of Dreamer's summons are so easy to kill, even after a turn of healing, that Tannen adding that little bit of protection can be key (it also can make Chompy far more deadly, as your opponent is less likely to have cards to protect from a surprise Disembowel with Tannen draining them). As well, the opportunity cost of winning a Df duel v Gamble Your Life is so high that Tannen getting in the way of that can be totally bonkers.

• Like 1