Alp Factory Dreamer

santaclaws01

What do you guys think would be a good Alp Factory list for Dreamer?(Yes I know this is gimmicky and probably won't do well)

Dreamer: Aether Connection. Otherworldly. Tantrum. 7ss

Coppelius: On Dreaming Wings

Doppleganger.

Daydream x2

Alp x9.

Otherworldy to give Playtime to Coppelius and/or Doppleganger for extra card draw and Accomplice if one of them needs the healing. Tantrum for Surrounded by Nightmares and Ranged Expert. I have 7ss and Aether Connection because The Dreamer is going to need to be fairly close to the action. Coppelius has On Wings of Darkness to speed up everyone, and his innate Alp synergy. Doppleganger because she'll serve the role of another Coppelius essentially.

Obviously this list will do horribly with strats that require you to spread out non-peons, as well as with killy schemes. Any ideas how to improve this list?

• Like 2

I'd actually suggest a few more Daydreams and a few less Alps. The Daydreams will give you a 6" push to get Alps into place/paired with On Wings of Darkness as well as dropping everyone's WP.

Every time someone gets hit with Slow, it's cumulative -1 health for all the Alps in the vicinity so if one person has 3 Alps and they take another Slow from Coppelius or an Alp, that's another -3 plus combat damage/whatever.

in any case, Alp spam will probably be faster than you think so I'd recommend more Daydreams to help you out with movement/placement shenanigans as well as snuffing themselves for an extra Mask to summon more Alps if you need them.

• Like 1

I'd actually suggest a few more Daydreams and a few less Alps. The Daydreams will give you a 6" push to get Alps into place/paired with On Wings of Darkness as well as dropping everyone's WP.

Every time someone gets hit with Slow, it's cumulative -1 health for all the Alps in the vicinity so if one person has 3 Alps and they take another Slow from Coppelius or an Alp, that's another -3 plus combat damage/whatever.

in any case, Alp spam will probably be faster than you think so I'd recommend more Daydreams to help you out with movement/placement shenanigans as well as snuffing themselves for an extra Mask to summon more Alps if you need them.

I planned on summoning the last Daydream turn 1, moving up and summoning an alp. The Dreamers trigger Feed on Dreams is how I plan on moving most of the Alp horde out of activation.

• Like 1

You'd probably be better off with something that can inflict slow directly cause slow rather than relying on one TN 12 Wp Duel. The only things that spring to mind right now are Waldgeists and Convict Gunslingers but I'm sure there's other options out there. One of the Crossroads 7 does slow don't they?

Also, Mr. Tannen or Insidious Madness could be useful for making those Wp duels harder to cheat. 

• Like 1

You'd probably be better off with something that can inflict slow directly cause slow rather than relying on one TN 12 Wp Duel. The only things that spring to mind right now are Waldgeists and Convict Gunslingers but I'm sure there's other options out there. One of the Crossroads 7 does slow don't they?

Also, Mr. Tannen or Insidious Madness could be useful for making those Wp duels harder to cheat. 

Not as concerned about cheating the Wp duels, as they won't be able to cheat all of them. And the one you're thinking of is Sloth.

• Like 1

WARNING: This post contains Theory-faux!!!!

Take a look at this:

The Dreamer -- 6ss
 +Dreams Of Pain - 5ss
 +Tantrum - 2ss

Day Dream x 3 - 6ss

Alp - 3ss

Alp - 3ss

Alp - 3ss

Alp - 3ss

Alp - 3ss

Alp - 3ss

Stitched Together - 6ss

Widow Weaver - 8ss
 +On Dreaming Wings - 2ss

Here's what I'm looking at. Dreams of Pain gives you the ability to adapt to S&S. Tantrum just kicks ass. Widow Weaver's Web Markers are gross when it comes to the Wp duels you're looking to invoke from Alps. 3 Daydreams on the table to begin gives you the potential of 6 DD pushes and the extra :mask for the boy by activating 1DD first, pushing then saccing it for the :mask. Dreamer summons another DD then spends his other 2 AP as needed. Stitched Together are super fun and good and if you can shove him up yer opponents bum turn 1 its hilarious. I think Dreamers 1st turn AP in this list would be to summon a Daydream and any other 2 models to help you win or 1 other and reduce Dreaming.

Anywho, just a quick look from a different angle. LMK how the Alp spam works, because it was a thing in 1.5.

• Like 1

I'm also wanting to know how the Alp spam list works.

I came up with my own "tarpit" list using models I currently have and also to include more active pulling/passive damage into things - for fun and suffering:

The Dreamer (5 SS pool)

Tantrum

Otherworldly

Aether Connections

Ama No Zako

Fears Given Form

Coppelius

Teddy

On Dreaming Wings

Daydream x2

Alp x2

My thinking is that Ama could create a tarpit with her Miasma to protect The Dreamer and herself. Teddy and Ama are both able to pull/push targets toward the hot Wp-sapping mess where victims will either take Horror Duels or passive damage,  damage from spammed Alp/Coppelius Slowing, or if unlucky enough to fail Horror Duels (on lowered Wp!) could be eaten by Ama.

Wings will allow corporeal or non-flying models to avoid damage or move out of the tarpit area without issue. I kept this on Teddy instead of Coppelius, to keep the Horror -Wp localized if Coppelius needs to place markers elsewhere. 

Damage caused by activations or movement in the tarpit area is balanced out by Teddy's regen, passive/active healing from Dreamer or from Alps.

Depending on Schemes, Ama or Coppelius could always break off and do some running, leaving Teddy within Dreamer's area of control.

I had played around with an alternate version with 2 Madnesses instead of Ama, which would have the benefit of reducing enemy Wp at range and limited cheating in the active area, but I think the Ama version increases damage output, what with targets taking damage from pushes and being unable to get back out of range once pulled in.

This might be completely terrain dependent and likely vulnerable to blasts, but would be good in a centralized Strat (Turf War, Squatter's, Supply Wagon, etc.)

Opinions?

I'm also wanting to know how the Alp spam list works.

I came up with my own "tarpit" list using models I currently have and also to include more active pulling/passive damage into things - for fun and suffering:

My thinking is that Ama could create a tarpit with her Miasma to protect The Dreamer and herself. Teddy and Ama are both able to pull/push targets toward the hot Wp-sapping mess where victims will either take Horror Duels or passive damage,  damage from spammed Alp/Coppelius Slowing, or if unlucky enough to fail Horror Duels (on lowered Wp!) could be eaten by Ama.

Opinions?

Be careful with Ama no Zako. She might have many Wounds and a lot of tricks and self-healing, but in the end she is rather fragile and WILL go down easily if focused. In addition, you will have to careful not to plant her next to your own little guys, or they will have to eat the Df Duel for FGF as well. How about throwing a Beckoner, or Lust, or even better - Vasilisa (Obey) in there? To have more control and movement and be able to survive to wreck face, which is the NB way to roll. Ama can (0) Obey enemy models to target Teddy and lose the duel (Paralyzed for Devour). Vasilisa could do the same and have two targets for it instead of one, or she could just be used as extra control. Overall, to make the best out the Alp spam, you need reliable models that can either eat a model after you outactivate the opponent (Nekima? Teddy?), or place it in the middle of your little guys so it gets shredded to pieces.

• Like 1

Alp Bomb was a thing in 1.5 when you had to test for Each Alp, and they were not peons. Once they errated them to only make you take 1 test at the beginnign of your activation, ratehr than 1 for each alp, the spam ended. 

You also used to be able to move the entire bomb around with the dreamer, so it could effect multiple areas of the board during the game. 

M2E doesn't have any of that stuff, and has a much higher reliance on earning VPs throughout the game, so the Alp Bomb can not work like before. 

Other than that, you need to make enemies fail Wp duels, and gain slow. You also need them in a small area of the board. So if its not a turf war/extraction, you are already going to struggle. 

Hello all!  I recently started to play Malifaux, and the Dreamer is my master of choice (even if i'm also practicing Linch and soon Pandora). I'm curious about this concept of list, but i also have to admit my complete noobness, and have to humbly ask, what i'm missing? I really don't get what such a list is supposed to do...

Bunch of models that are completely irrelevant in melee, peon+insignificant for scenarios, easily killed and with an aura that MAYBE will give you Slow. Where is the finesse my noob mind can't see? This is really because i want to learn and understand, i'm not trying to be a jerk!

Till now, i have always seen the alps as a +1 Waking counter if i need to pop out Lord Chompy Bits in a given turn and i already have 3 Daydreams on the table (and no enemy in reach of shooting attack with the Dreamer, that also, being an opposed duel,  is less secure than cheat a 7+ mask from your hand to summon an alp).

"Hello all!  I recently started to play Malifaux, and the Dreamer is my master of choice (even if i'm also practicing Linch and soon Pandora). I'm curious about this concept of list, but i also have to admit my complete noobness, and have to humbly ask, what i'm missing? I really don't get what such a list is supposed to do...

Bunch of models that are completely irrelevant in melee, peon+insignificant for scenarios, easily killed and with an aura that MAYBE will give you Slow. Where is the finesse my noob mind can't see? This is really because i want to learn and understand, i'm not trying to be a jerk!

Till now, i have always seen the alps as a +1 Waking counter if i need to pop out Lord Chompy Bits in a given turn and i already have 3 Daydreams on the table (and no enemy in reach of shooting attack with the Dreamer, that also, being an opposed duel,  is less secure than cheat a 7+ mask from your hand to summon an alp)."

I believe you swamp targets with alps whom are classified nightmares and then start shooting with the tantrum upgrade; damage is dictated by how many nightmares are within x" as far as i'm aware. Can't remember the exact wording as i'm sans book/cards right now.

Edited by tollstar_deluxe

M2E doesn't have any of that stuff, and has a much higher reliance on earning VPs throughout the game, so the Alp Bomb can not work like before. 

Other than that, you need to make enemies fail Wp duels, and gain slow. You also need them in a small area of the board. So if its not a turf war/extraction, you are already going to struggle. 

I think its more of a novelty build than anything else; your totally right about the game being VP dependent - although maybe the alp spam would have its place on heavily terrain cluttered boards - blocking streets for example...

Yes, this is a gimmick list, with very few, if any practical applications. I think the purpose of the list is to get as many Alps out, and have them do something.  It really isn't likely to win you anything.

Having said that, Sloth might be the answer needed to get this to kick off. Models activating near him discard a card, or gain slow. With the swarm of Alps nearby Slow is bad. But you still need to take the Alp Duel, and you are already a card down. if you can get a coupel of models a turn activating in the bubble, then it starts getting very intensive. Something that lets you get models in the bubble is probably needed, so Beckoners, or Lilitu, (Or a game where they have to get there anyway). 

• Like 1