Guild General Upgrade opinions

trikk

So recently I started looking at different factions (not at Resser filth of course ;) ) and it came to my conlussion that Guild General Upgrades are generally are not very universal compared to other factions.

For example:

Arcanists: Arcane Reservoir, Imbued Energies, Bleeding Edge Tech (as 70% of Arcanists are M&SU)

Outcasts: Scramble, Oathkeeper, I Pay Better, Survivalist

From General Guild upgrades the only ones I would take are:

Badge of Office on Justice

Plant Evidence on Lone Marshal

Tesselating Magnet in a Hoffman Crew

Expert Sleuth with Lucius and Doppelganger

I find the rest of them VERY situational and usually not worth it.

• Like 1

An 'Expert Sleuth' bomb can be useful. Blow all 3 in one turn for +6 to the initiative. But frankly for 3SS and 3 Upgrade slots, it should be a lot better than 'maybe useful'. 

Badge of Office on Justice, as you say. It being Limited means you're probably not going to use it elsewhere. 

Other than that, I've never found the generic upgrades even worth looking at, even through #wtfaux-tinted glasses. Sad really.

But you can`t take it on a model with Armor  or Masters. If you could then Justice with Implacable and Lead Lined Cloak wouldn`t require Badge of Office that much :/

The 2 models I would take it on are:

Lone Marshal Bodyguard vs really shooty crews (Gremlins/Guild)

Bodyguard Judge (but I`d rather prevent the damage with a bigger Cache than spend SS on it)

Yeah, they're really bland and not very useful in general.  Expert Sleuth is ok but situational but when compared to the other factions Rare 3 upgrades like Re-Called Training, Oathkeeper, Imbued Energies etc. it's just really lacklustre.  Badge of Office is pretty good on anybody if Assassinate is in the pool a lot of the Guild Masters don't have Limited upgrades and those that do could leave them behind fairly comfortably.

Please excuse me while I go kill a guild player and please ignore his screams.

No that that is done, 2 points might be a bit high but it does help the judge and is sick on the rider. I tend to think the Arcanist and the 10 Thunders have the best general upgrades, though the gremlins are only a little behind Dirty Cheaters is just to good. Neverborn general upgrades are good but also a little situational, mostly based on schemes. I keep looking at pact and think this is great I can cheat the black joker and I never take it.

The Pale Rider is cool but its a total of 14 SS and considering he has healing and should stay out of sight til turn ~3 I doubt I`d take it. Usually I`d rather find one more SS and buy a totem for extra activation stuff.

Putting it on the Judge signals Bodyguard SO hard.... 

They're really bad; frustratingly so.  Lead Line Coat is never worth 2 SS, IMO, as it basically amounts to surviving 1 more attack vs anything other than 2 damage attacks for most models its even remotely worth considering on.  Unless you're using a Limited, it wouldn't be worth taking on a Master over the Badge anyway.  Plant Evidence isn't terrible though.  It's inferior, but generally underused.  It's often better than adding a stone to the cache at the very least.

I really like Dampening Field. Just saying.

Dampening Field is good on some models. Unfortunately it isn't really worth it if the model already has a decent (0) action. Dashel and some enforcers seem like the most obvious choices for carrying it.

Dampening Field is good on some models. Unfortunately it isn't really worth it if the model already has a decent (0) action. Dashel and some enforcers seem like the most obvious choices for carrying it.

It's not for Enforcers. I like it on Samael, Dashel and Justice herself. Would consider it for Lucius.

I find the "General Upgrades" for Guild are very, by and large, situational. The one that seems to be most useful is "Badge of Office", but as a Limited Upgrade at 2 ss, I would only use it if "Assassinate" is on the table.  Otherwise all the personal upgrades that the individual Masters and Henchmen can take all seem to be better.

That's just me though, and my opinion with the Guild upgrades.  Most of the General Upgrades from the other factions all seem to be more useful, in comparison for some reason.

You're all forgetting how useful the Stone upgrade is. It's the best. Everyone should take it and totally waste an upgrade  find out how great it is.

That upgrade would be great if it wasn`t crap :D

I did consider it a Justice Francisco substitute thought ;)

• Like 1

You're all forgetting how useful the Stone upgrade is. It's the best. Everyone should take it and totally waste an upgrade  find out how great it is.

I'd take more issue with this one, but honestly, the Stone upgrades are universally useless, so I don't feel the Guild one is notable overall.

Yeah i usually take badge of office on justice or macmourning if assassinate is in the pool.

I take lead lined coat on judge, but usually with the peacekeeper as well just to keep people guessing

I do love plant evidence on enforcers

Sometimes take expert sleuth.

Saying that, i think most of the master specific ones are quite ace, so perhaps that balances it out?