Jafar

Is this your optimal figure spread for 2 masters:

Lady J / Sonnia

Scales / purifying flame

Judge

Sam hopkins

x3 Death Marshals

x3 Witchling stalkers.

Well, of course it's not optimal, but it's playable and cheap, and I know that every Master in Guild want at least some of the models in that pool. Yep, this is how I would start the Guild faction, on the premise that I will get it all in the long run, and money is the only constraint.

Can some experienced player advise on Gremlins and Arcanists?

I already posted which Masters I would combine. What would you like to know?

@ Dirial

Where is the burning coming from to add damage to the base attack of the stalker? If it can stay in combat, or charge, then yes, burning mark will give the extra damage, and even allow weak damage to do 4 points (at end of turn). I am not saying they are bad models, because that would be patently false, but I will question buying a crew in a limited environment (in this case money) over crews that can work better togeather. 

I think you have a perfectly valid point dude, don't get me wrong. 

The Stalkers naturally add burning every time they damage something.

I agree with Diral, Sonnia, Perdidta and Justice will give you a sent of figures that will often be considered by any of the 3 masters. Stuff from the hoffman box will be popular with the masters, but he doesn't normally look to much to the otehr starter boxes for his normal expansion. Likewise McCabe looks for blisters normally for his expansion, and its not very often you'lll see a wastrel in many otehr lists. (Same applies for Lucius and lawyers)

And on the Neverborn Train Ride, I would seriously consider Zoraida as a first stop. Everything in her box is fieldable in any neverborn list, so excluding her because she is duel faction seems unfair. But Each person has their own way of working things out. (and I probably wouldn't suggest startign the ride with PAndora. (I'd probably go Lileth, Zoraida and Jacob as the neverborn 3)

Since I've doen 2 lets try and carry it on.

Resurectionist probably goes 1 of 2 ways. Seamus and McMorning provide a great set of stanmdard models, that would support Molly or Nico as a posible third, but I could also easily see molly nico and one of thsose 2 as a third. Kirai need to many non-crew box forces to truely fit here. And Tara doesn't offer anythign to the rest of the faction. Yan Lo could go with any of the sets 4 sets, but is lookign for something damaging to support Yan I think, which is typically lackign in Resser Crew boxes 

Arcanist

There are several ways again. RAmos is probably the lynch crew, workign well with MS and U, which automatically puts Ironsides, Kaeris and Mei as interestign takes.

Alternatively Construct heavy looks at RAmos, Rasputina and Mei. But RAsputina doesn't gain much to her synergies, its just standard decent models in the form of Joss and Howard. Colette works with eevrything, and her  expected crew box offers decent schem runnign options to anyone else.

Marcus is the odd fish, and a lot depends on your mindset. If you are thinking he is a beast master, then you don't want any of the Arcanist Crew boxes.  But if you want him as a mobile model, then he can eb fine with good support (like Joss and Howard)

Outcast

I would discount Misaki becuase she doesn't add much to the rest of the faction. I would discount Hamelin as he isn't out and is a compl,ex play style, but his rat activation control doesn't need him at all, so can do well in any crew, so might be popular.

Viks and Vinschill are 2 decent boxes with useful models.

JAck isn't out, and I am not sure anyone else wants his crew.

Tara is possible, but Karina summons models from another faction, and her crew probably isn't first choice (Otehr tahn the odd void wretch to run schemes)

so I would conside Levi. Now his box isn't great on his own, but he works well with the otehr 2 boxes. I like Alyce with Vonschill, and aboms can be annoyances.

gremlins would Be Sommer, Ophelia. Zoraida's box doesn't add much to the faction. Brewy is out, so gets the 3rd spot kind of by default.

TT

Not Yan Lo, doesn't add everything to the rest of the faction. Shen Long isn't out,  but other wise mught be an option.

probably eithr misaki or Mei Feng, as they have sort of similar styles. and then Jacob and McCabe.

Gremlins are easy:

Buy ALL the pigs! :D

Somer is probably the first box to buy:

He has Lenny which is a big + to many crews and Gremlins which are cheap fillers

Ophelia would be second: it has a sniper, a exploding dude and a good Henchman

I`d personaly wait for Ulix/Mah/Wong with the third pick unless you like drunken kung fu Gremlins

As for Arcanists: 

Marcus & Rasputina have their own theme which kind of separates them in a 3 masters out of faction thing.

I`d go Ironsides/Kaeris/Mei/Ramos (Pick 3) and go strong on M&SU stuff.

I also believe you are doing the whole thing the wrong way.

Pick the 3 masters you like most from faction X and we will tell you which we would swap to be able to cycle models across lists/masters.

• Like 1

Zoradia first?

I get the flexibility of the sillurids, but I am really drawing a blank on the rest of the crew. I was not actually excluding her, but trying to run with the OP's statement that he already has Pandora, and I -assume- likes her playstyle.

As for the extentions to the "little railway" I built, I give them all up to the better players of the 3 factions they have a doorway to.

Want to expand Yan Lo as a filthy resser, ask Zfeind, Expand Hoffman, ask the resident Arcanist nut. Wanna talk outcast, don't ask me!!! :P

Zoradia first?

I get the flexibility of the sillurids, but I am really drawing a blank on the rest of the crew. I was not actually excluding her, but trying to run with the OP's statement that he already has Pandora, and I -assume- likes her playstyle.

Rest is just Juju, and he is amazing with most masters, as are Silurids. Zoraida herself doesn't care too much what she brings as long as it has a good (1) action. I'd go with either Zoraida or Lilith or Pandora (choose two) and Lynch for Neverborn.

Oh, I know that dude, but sulurids are a big point cost, no matter how good they are.

I think we just have really different playstyles my friend, and that's cool by me :)

Not playing Neverborn. Just saying that you either want Lilith or Zoraida for Scheme runners. And if you knew that, why write that you draw a blank? Could have saved me the time to write an explanation? ;)

Want to expand Yan Lo as a filthy resser, ask Zfeind, Expand Hoffman, ask the resident Arcanist nut. Wanna talk outcast, don't ask me!!! :P

I think Zfiend would  answer "Throw him away and start from scratch"

I don't know if I count as an Arcanist nut, or just a general nut. But Your first port of call to expand Hoffman is the peacekeeper. Ramos's box is nice for options, and then you're lookign at individual box sets, which really is season to taste.

If Ramos ever got back Borrowed Technology, then Ramos and Hoff Boxes would support each other really well. Oh well, I'm off to hope.

For the Outcasts, you have the following options in plastic: Viktoria, Von Schill, Leveticus, Misaki, and Tara.

From those, assuming no purchases outside the boxes themselves, I'd go with Viktoria, Von Schill, and Tara.  Viktoria and Von Schill have a number of models that work well with either master, and it's never a bad choice to hire some of the Friekorps.  The Student of Conflict from Viktoria's box can also be used with any master.  The models in Tara's box might not synergize particularly well with the other two masters, but Void Wretches are excellent scheme runners, and Tara herself works well with the models in Viktoria's and Von Schill's boxes.

I'd steer away from Misaki's box, because it consists mostly of Ten Thunders models that the other Outcast masters can't hire.  Leveticus's box doesn't do very well without additional purchases, and given his huge hiring pool, you'll want many other models to complement his box.

I've begun to dabble in Neverborn, so I can try to give some advice (but the other Neverborn players can probably give you better advice!).  Here, all the masters will have a plastic box out by the end of the month assuming Collodi comes out on schedule.

I think you'd want Zoraida, Lynch, and Pandora.  These boxes should give you some versatility with fast scheme runners, powerful henchman, solid minions, and a variety of different play styles to choose from.  The Dreamer requires the purchase of other models to really play the summoning route with him, while Lucius's box contains mostly Guild models that the other Neverborn masters can't hire.  Collodi or Lilith would probably make a good substitute for Pandora.

Wong (on basis that its him, Lovely assistant, Burt, Gracie, 3 Lightning bugs)

Ulix (on basis its him, penolope, old major, 3 piglets)

Somer

I think that the Wong box will end up being him, Lovely Assistant, Mancha Roja, 3 Lightning Bugs.  I really think they are going to keep Burt and Gracie to their own boxes, or possibly combine those 2 into a single box sorta like the Nephilim box.  I don't think they fit the side-show carnival theme that Wong has anymore while Roja does.

I think your Ulix box is spot on though.

@ Carcosa

Thanks for all posts!

Can some experienced player advise on Gremlins and Arcanists?

As most have said ramos is probably first choice just because you get howard and joss who are staples in most crews. Mei feng adds rail workers who i rate very highly although kaeris' metal crew gives range via gunsmiths and fire gamin plus the gamins are low cost and can get around the table fairly quickly for schemes. Lastly probably collette whenever she gets released, the internet seems to rate her very highly and she can make use of all the models mentioned! Ironsides box looks interesting too and adds more range and another good henchman to the mix.

I'd probably suggest Ramos and collette and then one of the three of mei feng/kaeris/ironsides!

I'm very stable. ZFiend and I are polar opposites in emotional stability... well, at least in dating behavior.

You play Guild.  You're crazy by default.

Wong (on basis that its him, Lovely assistant, Burt, Gracie, 3 Lightning bugs)

Ulix (on basis its him, penolope, old major, 3 piglets)

Somer

... you know, a group of new players may find it less then helpful to be told what boxes to buy in an unstable quantum-state future rather than, you know, when they're starting the game.

Granted, I personally am a big believer in proxies for unreleased models.  But not everyone is!

At the very least, it doesn't matter what's in Wong or Ulix's starters, since anyone who is starting them right now gets to decide the mix of models they use to do so.

You play Guild.  You're crazy by default.

*looks around for Aaron*

I'll be happy to discuss your misguided views of the Guild and my emotional and mental stability at length. In the Off Topic Thread. If you dare go there.