Yan Blow?

Patzer

As will Molly, Tara and McMourning. They are very good at Turf War. Why chance Yan Lo when you can be certain the aforementioned Masters will definitely do well?

Well, they try to find out if Yan Lo is good in Turf War and can thus keep up with those others. You'll have to try to find out, no? If you say "Don't try, the others are better", it's no wonder you cannot find an application for him.

• Like 2

If you say "Don't try, the others are better", it's no wonder you cannot find an application for him.

Well see. That's where the problem lies for me. Others are better, why try? Like I know I prefer a steak over a set of testicles. Why try the testies you know when I could be having steak in that same restaurant?

• Like 1

Well see. That's where the problem lies for me. Others are better, why try? Like I know I prefer a steak over a set of testicles. Why try the testies you know when I could be having steak in that same restaurant?

Well said! 

Also I've tried Yan Lo a few times and I've easily played against him a bunch more times than that. He does nothing for me one way or the other. I'm not the only person who thinks he's below the power curve. To me he just feels mediocre in comparison to the other Masters in his factions and as zFiend said. Why bother with something you know wont work for you when you've got 12 other Options that you know will?

• Like 1

Got such laugh from reading that Dirial!

I'm not entirely sure why. Because I'm wrong?

It's just, shutting down the ideas doesn't have much purpose, in my eyes. Trying them and not liking them is a whole different matter.

• Like 4

And again I'll just say, you either get him or you don't. It's not "does he work", it's does he work for you. Removing the 'do you enjoy playing his style' part of it, he can get the job done, whatever set of schemes you throw at him. You can use the Master X does it better arguement with 80% of the masters in the game. Is he top tier easymode? No, but I don't think anyone is trying to say he is. Every master has people that don't get why someone would want to play them. I don't get Hamelin, or Marcus, or half the gremlins. I'm just like.. why?

The anti Yan Lo crowd just seems oddly vocal about it for some reason.

• Like 3

We are bored and need someone to pick on. It's Yan Blow. :(

I'm thinking you should save it.

The amount of 'I don't like Yan Lo and neither should you' is peculiar to say the least. You don't like him, we get it....but reiterating it every time someone posts a tactic that they used and liked is decidedly unhelpful.

• Like 2

I'm not entirely sure why. Because I'm wrong?

It's just, shutting down the ideas doesn't have much purpose, in my eyes. Trying them and not liking them is a whole different matter.

No no, I though it was a good snap from your side. I agree with you 100%.

I am eager to hear why people think he is so bad, and also why those people are wrong 

The post starts with these words.

I'm thinking you should save it.

The amount of 'I don't like Yan Lo and neither should you' is peculiar to say the least. You don't like him, we get it....but reiterating it every time someone posts a tactic that they used and liked is decidedly unhelpful.

Now this thread is to discuss whether you like him or not. This isn't a tactics article where I'm posting that I don't like him. You are overstating it. In this thread I feel I have the right to post my opinion of him. It's the point of the thread and I'm willing to be proven wrong. 

Now if I went to the Yan Lo tactica thread and posted the same stuff I post here everytime someone posts something, then I'd agree with you. Now I don't. 

• Like 1

The post starts with these words.

Now this thread is to discuss whether you like him or not. This isn't a tactics article where I'm posting that I don't like him. You are overstating it. In this thread I feel I have the right to post my opinion of him. It's the point of the thread and I'm willing to be proven wrong. 

Now if I went to the Yan Lo tactica thread and posted the same stuff I post here everytime someone posts something, then I'd agree with you. Now I don't. 

I do agree with you and I almost said something along those lines in my last post but I haven't had enough coffee yet and I was afraid I would come off nastier if I got too wordy.

My point was that the same negative statement has been done to death.......other masters do 'X' better. The point has been made. What is the value in repeating it? After a couple of pages the thread has certainly evolved with more people chipping in with new tactics and tips that they've used.....but you guys just come in once in a while to repeat the same negative comment.

Perhaps my lack of caffeine is causing me to read more into it, but to me the replies come off as 'why are you still bothering with Yan Lo when you've been told that other masters do it better?'

• Like 1

I generally agree with you, but you have to admit that people answered "I'd like to try this or that and see if it works" with "But why would you?". To that, I remarked that "to see if it works" would be the answer. It's not very constructive to shut down the "I want to try this" comments, as there's no (apparent) evidence for or against them. That's all I wanted to express.

I do agree with you and I almost said something along those lines in my last post but I haven't had enough coffee yet and I was afraid I would come off nastier if I got too wordy.

My point was that the same negative statement has been done to death.......other masters do 'X' better. The point has been made. What is the value in repeating it? After a couple of pages the thread has certainly evolved with more people chipping in with new tactics and tips that they've used.....but you guys just come in once in a while to repeat the same negative comment.

Perhaps my lack of caffeine is causing me to read more into it, but to me the replies come off as 'why are you still bothering with Yan Lo when you've been told that other masters do it better?'

I do apologize if you feel that statement is beating a dead horse and trying to persuade other people into thinking the same way I do. It is not the point. It is the point that original poster wanted us, who speak against Yan Lo to be proven wrong. And it is merely a statement that I'm not yet feeling convinced I'm proven wrong. 

While it is the same statement, it is not meant to be a negative statement as it really reads out but merely me stating that I don't yet feel proven wrong and that he doesn't do things that others do and they do it better. While it is repeating and a negative word, it is not meant to be dismissive. Like I said after your post, you gave me lot to think about and like I said I'm willing to be proven wrong here. 

I feel that as this thread is also to prove us wrong who feel he isn't good, we are allowed to express our opinion whether we feel convinced about it or not. 

Now if my posts have been dismissive and negative I do apologize and I will watch my posts from here on forth and try to be more constructive with my replies. 

• Like 1

Back on the topic of Yan Lo...

One thing I'm noticing is that he goes after wp really heavily unless you take the woopass stick. Getting your mileage out of him is going to depend on making use of lightning dance.

Case in point, in my most recent game against Pandora, I used lightning dance to reposition Pandora and weaver widow into the waiting arms of Izamu, while Yan goes on his merry way murdering sorrows/alps.

Case in point, in my most recent game against Pandora, I used lightning dance to reposition Pandora and weaver widow into the waiting arms of Izamu, while Yan goes on his merry way murdering sorrows/alps.

That is a good use for Lightning Dance for sure as Pandora probably doesn't like to be repositioned by the opponent. 

Lol just realized sensi yu can attach yan lo's upgrades (using disciple) if the soul porter is close enough to give him Chi.

This scares me...

Potentially pretty good. Even if the SP will only get 1 Chi (which will be the most likely case), this will mean that Sensei Yu will get Impossible to Wound as well as Terracotta Curse.

Potentially pretty good. Even if the SP will only get 1 Chi (which will be the most likely case), this will mean that Sensei Yu will get Impossible to Wound as well as Terracotta Curse.

Chiaki can also gift away her chi if i'm not mistaken