Assault on the Grey Lord

11th Thunder

So I got Crossroads for Christmas, and peeked early like a naughty boy.

I really like the new story scenarios, and some of them offer interesting questions to ask of the player base.

What are some funky master combinations you can see together.

My first thought was a Mei Feng, Colette combination, with Colette prompting Mei Feng all the way across the board using Doves to railwalk.

I was thinking that myself, but then thought of Tara and Leveticus: while it's limiting to Glimpse triggers, as long as Tara's alive, Leveticus is effectively immortal, with a few extra exit points for good measure.

With the Nothing Beasts new upgrade you can remove the limitation whilst within 10" of him. 

I had a quick think on this and Nicodem + Kirai could be a horrendous combination of Spam Summoning, Healing and Support... That's a match up I don't fancy facing anytime soon!

• Like 1

With the Nothing Beasts new upgrade you can remove the limitation whilst within 10" of him. 

I had a quick think on this and Nicodem + Kirai could be a horrendous combination of Spam Summoning, Healing and Support... That's a match up I don't fancy facing anytime soon!

Wouldn't you be fairly limited by hand and stones? I'm thinking a second master that can be effective without cards, like Lady Justice.

Wouldn't you be fairly limited by hand and stones? I'm thinking a second master that can be effective without cards, like Lady Justice.

You raise a good point actually, they will be competing for SS and Cards for the most part. 

What about McCabe and Lucius? That could be a very interesting combination seeing they tend to favor similar style models and don't compete that much for each other's suits. 

"How many Guardsmen do you have?"

"ALL OF THEM MUAHAHA!!"

"Got enough support for your crew there sonny?"

"NOPE! NEED MORE!!"

:D

What about McCabe and Lucius? That could be a very interesting combination seeing they tend to favor similar style models and don't compete that much for each other's suits. 

I find Lucius and Lady Justice enticing. The Lady giving out  :+fate  and Lucius making them use it.

Can't get enough :+fate bonuses from your existing Lucius crew, huh?

Never. I find Lucius to be card dependent. Lady Justice is not (at least not much), and can mitigate card dependency of Minions. I would also like to combine her with McCabe. Nimble Armored Lady Justice? Gimme.

I quite like the idea of Lucius and McMourning. Giving extra AP to Nurses sounds very unfriendly.

Ugh. Now, THAT is unfriendly.

• Like 1

Isn't Obey non-Leader?

Take Zoraida as Leader. Problem solved.

Zoraida and Ophelia. Because shooting seven times per round with Ophelia sounds like a solid plan to me... 

Oh. Oh. Take Papa Loco, and give Ophelia a  :+fate to damage flips. (Would also be funny with Viktorias and Jack Daw.)

Never. I find Lucius to be card dependent. Lady Justice is not (at least not much), and can mitigate card dependency of Minions. I would also like to combine her with McCabe. Nimble Armored Lady Justice? Gimme.

Nimble Armoured Justice with Unimpeded and Regen +2, if you're gonna do it, do it right!  ;)

Oh you can cross faction with this can you? Well in that case Kaeris and Sonnia.. Why? Because we like our enemies EXTRA crispy!  :D

Pandora + Brewie could also be horrific too. NO... Brewie and Resser McMourning + Performers for Hyper Expunge mode. 

Dreamer + Nico for super spam summons vs. Kirai & Ramos for super spam summons. 50ss each Master. Race each other to a 200ss crew!   :D

Oh you can cross faction with this can you? 

No, you cannot. At least, not for this Strategy. Smogcon must have been a special event.

Nimble Armoured Justice with Unimpeded and Regen +2, if you're gonna do it, do it right!  ;)

To be fair, she can be Unimpeded quite well on her own. But the Regen is sweet!

Except Justice would be using the master part of McCabes upgrades, which pretty much translates to a load of crap. She could get armor +1, but that's pretty much it.