No love for Gremlins?

surly

I definitely think once the other master boxes are released there will be a rise in Gremlin players. Not everyone likes to proxy. I just picked up all three box sets and they are my first faction.

Pardon my ignorance, but what are the three box sets? Bayou Boss, The Kin and...?

I wonder if/when they'll rebox Wong. 

I actually hope they'll give him a new modell when his box will get released (which probably won't happen) ... don't like his sculpt at all. Actually I think he's the only model in the whole gremlin range I don't like :wacko:

However, how cool is Merris? Glad she's released at the Black Friday Sale.

A fat gremlin girl with mechanical wings and a rocket attached? I don't care about all those miniatures made of translucent plastic, Merris is made of pure awesomeness, 100% eyecandy ^_^

I don't think that there is a reason to make a new model for Wong. Even though he and Burt Jebsen are going to be the only Gremlins in 2nd edition that have noses. Actually... his model is identical with his depiction in Crossroads and on the M2E cards, so I am quite sure.

Nope, it is highly doubtful that Wong will get a new sculpt since he is already a plastic model. No other plastic model has gotten a resculpt, I wouldn't expect to start with Wong. 

you mean, except Perditia Ortega, right? Because she does have a resculpt or better, an Alt Sculpt.

As a gremlin player I felt totally within my rights and reasons when in a game at the weekend I had my bayou gremlins kill off som'er themselves with banjos to prevent the opponent scoring a late game assassinate.

It doesn't matter who kills the Leader to score Assassinate, so finishing him of yourself is just handing AP away.

I'm currently getting more into the faction and tried finding some ressources about them on the internet. Compared to the other available factions, Gremlims really seem to be some underdog that not that many players choose.

Even in this forum the Gremlin subforum has the fewest topics and especially in tournament reports they seem to be almost non-existant.

Why?

Sure, they had no faction in M1E, and many plastic kits haven't been released yet. But I guess that can't be the only reason.

Therefore I'm also interested how they currently perform in tournament play. Although the game is pretty balanced there's some pretty cheesy stuff around anyway, eg Levi with A&D and Mech Rider, Dreamer summoning or even the Viks standing in your deployment zone on turn two, whirlwinding around.

Would be great to hear your thoughts about Gremlins in the current "metagame", especially in tournament play :)

Thanks, cheers ;)

I've shared this a couple of times before, it's a breakdown of the UK ranked tournaments from the start of the year up to October (I will get around to putting in the rest sometime)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qJSPNcfVVPsz2mAuAX6Hl2wsp9wmXvYaN7wj_vD5O3s/edit?usp=sharing

I think it shows Gremlins have performed pretty well throughout the year and there's a few more Gremlin podiums to add since October. 

I take a little bit of that statement back, as I am playing my first gremlin game today. :P

Then again I can't really lose, if I win I win, if I lose at least some Gremlins died. ;)

I played a tie.. The worst possible outcome.. Not enough gremlins died, nor did I win.. Damn you Math!

If two Gremlin players face off and both choose Wong as their master, does the battle end up all right?

How ever it ends up, it won't be white, I think.

I played a tie.. The worst possible outcome.. Not enough gremlins died, nor did I win.. Damn you Math!

Blame the Biggest Hat! The whole game devolved into a comedy of errors when you fail terror checks left and right and no one manages to do anything due to having no hand (or due to just being Gremlins).

But yeah, the death tally was appalling: the Necrotic Machine died two or three times, a summoned Punk Zombie died, Francois died, two Skeeters died and Gracie died. And that was it! I mean, you didn't kill anything of mine that wasn't summoned. WTH?