No love for Gremlins?

surly

I'm currently getting more into the faction and tried finding some ressources about them on the internet. Compared to the other available factions, Gremlims really seem to be some underdog that not that many players choose.

Even in this forum the Gremlin subforum has the fewest topics and especially in tournament reports they seem to be almost non-existant.

Why?

Sure, they had no faction in M1E, and many plastic kits haven't been released yet. But I guess that can't be the only reason.

Therefore I'm also interested how they currently perform in tournament play. Although the game is pretty balanced there's some pretty cheesy stuff around anyway, eg Levi with A&D and Mech Rider, Dreamer summoning or even the Viks standing in your deployment zone on turn two, whirlwinding around.

Would be great to hear your thoughts about Gremlins in the current "metagame", especially in tournament play :)

Thanks, cheers ;)

Gremlins hold their own rather well. A Wyrd Place (facebook group) recently ran a Vassal league in which Gremlins took 2nd place in a knockout tournament setting and 2nd (losing on diff by a couple) in a normal tournament setting. Over in the UK they are well represented and here Stateside as more of the plastic crews become available you will see more and more Gremlins in tournaments,

• Like 1

Powerwise Gremlins are pretty strong.

A lot of their current underuse is the absence of the models.

This forum is very new, and there weren't a huge number of Gremlin players in the old edition (Even if Sommer was the most popular master, the numbers gameworked against him as each faction had 5 masters (except outcasts who only had 4) so you made 25% the number of players of any otehr faction at best).

There have only been Gremlin Plastic kits out for a few months, so it hasn't had much momentum to pick up new players.

I expect Ulix to be one of the masters seen as having an over powered crew when you abuse his summoning and movement tricks. ( I don't think its overpowered, but it has a very high potential, and can easily get extra models turn 1 whilst still getting a large proportion of the crew across the middle line, and still dropping schemes).

• Like 1

I expect Ulix to be one of the masters seen as having an over powered crew when you abuse his summoning and movement tricks. ( I don't think its overpowered, but it has a very high potential, and can easily get extra models turn 1 whilst still getting a large proportion of the crew across the middle line, and still dropping schemes).

Definately have to agree about Ulix. Although I haven't seen him in action yet, he sounds really strong on paper. Charging multiple times with your best beatstick before it even activated and summoning potent little critters while also dropping schemes sounds pretty nice.

I take a little bit of that statement back, as I am playing my first gremlin game today. :P

Then again I can't really lose, if I win I win, if I lose at least some Gremlins died. ;)

I was going to say you can lose without having one of your models killed, but then I remembered its gremlins. you can easily kill your own models and even claim its for the game.