[US RANKED] Mali-fest Dec. 13 2014 - Free Admission w/Donation Watertown MA

PeregrineFalcon

It's that time of year again. I am posting this on behalf of the venue hosting, the gaming group, DorkaMorka, in Watertown, MA.

This will be the 2nd annual Mali-fest, 50ss 3 Round Gaining Grounds tournament. Come close out the year end with the last 2014 GG event in the area.

NOTICE: 21+ only as this is in a Eagles Hall and has a bar, there is NO way around this

Admission: Free with unwrapped toy donated during registration

Registration: Pre-register in this thread or on the DorkaMorka site link here (both will be checked, no need to post on both), this will GREATLY help us plan table space!

When: Dec. 13 2014, 11am Reg, 11:30am Cards Flip

No painting requirements, but strongly encouraged!

One Note....parking is best in the CVS behind or in the parking area behind the venue. Give yourself 15minutes extra to accommodate for finding a parking spot.

So see you there. Any questions post here or in DorkaMorka post and as always feel free to PM me! For your enjoyment here are photos from last year.

http://s1303.photobucket.com/user/Jonasty1031/slideshow/Mali-Fest%202013

• Like 1

No worries Kevin. Hope maybe some of your other guys can. Would be great to face Jonah again as well as the rest of your locals (I understand you guys have been growing).

As far as the donation, we'll have to ask Ian (Drool_Bucket). He is the one coordinating the toy. At a minimum if you want to just paypal me $ and tell me what you'd buy I can buy it here locally (or you can send it to me). Either way we'll figure something out. Thanks!

@InqWall -  If you mean a prize for support for the tournament (something for an attendee to win) then direct email me and we can try to figure something out...

If you are just wanting to help out the donation cause my suggestion overall is to just reach out to your local Firefighters, they are often a drop off point for Toys for Tots.  Barring that any Armed Forces Recruitment center is a drop off point. 

But, if you want to be part of the large "dump" that Dorka does every year (our club member Noblesavage started this years ago) then just paypal events@dorkamorka.com with a tag line of "Toys for Tots donation"  and we will put your donation along with the club's own.   A few of us go and buy a few hundred dollars of toys to drop off.

As I mention in my OP on the Dorka site, remember that its both boys and girls of all ages and leave the toy unwrapped.

Thanks for asking, Kevin, I am bummed that you won't make it out this year.  

I plan to attend.

Actually, sadly, I spoke too soon. I told the boss and she pointed out that I've already committed to going to her company's Christmas party with her. 

Stupid real life :(

Oh noes!!!! Maybe the xmas party is later in the evening and you can get your games in and meet her there? Tell her your Malifaux family is saddened by this turn of events. I'm SUUUURE she'll understand.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I live in Texas, and i am thinking of coming to this event. What is the airport that is closest to there and is there good public transportation that would take me close to the event,or is there some one who would be willing to pick me up and take me back

• Like 1

I live in Texas, and i am thinking of coming to this event. What is the airport that is closest to there and is there good public transportation that would take me close to the event,or is there some one who would be willing to pick me up and take me back

We welcome you. The closest airport is Boston. As far as public transportation, I'd recommend a Taxi as your best bet. If you use google maps and do transit you can see that it shows about 1hr 20min to go 11 miles if you use the bus/train. So yeah taxi (while a little more expensive probably most convenient). 

Otherwise, I'm sure we can find someone to pick you up if you're in a bind. Let us know your flights and we can get a better idea. We usually go out for drinks and food after an event like this. Not sure where you plan to stay but keep that in mind.

Looking forward to meeting you.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Logan+Airport,+Harborside+Dr,+Boston,+MA/48+Mt+Auburn+St,+Watertown,+MA+02472/@42.3681103,-71.0978293,12z/am=t/data=!4m12!4m11!1m3!2m2!1d-71.0095602!2d42.3656132!1m5!1m1!1s0x89e378051e42de2f:0xeb1117e167eb05dd!2m2!1d-71.1822741!2d42.3661902!3e0