Black Friday Sale

A question, in case Wyrd does not put the things I need to start on sale - does anyone know of other places that might put Malifaux on Black Friday sale? I watch CoolMiniorNot, other suggestions will be appreciated. Need someplace that ships internationally.

It depends where you are! Where are you based? Yes, lots of other online retailers will have a black friday sale also, especially in the U.S. (it's not so common over here in the UK).

I don't think Wyrd has a "sale" as such. It doesn't do a lower price. What it has done in the past is sell models that aren't availible normally, either because they were limited edition, or they haven't been released yet.

No idea what places will sell at cheaper prices this week. Sorry

From what has been given away so far I think it's safe to say there will be some traditional sale items for this Black Friday sale.  This will be limited to old metal stock though.  The current plastic boxes will not be discounted by Wyrd during the Black Friday sale, but there may be the opportunity to get some limited edition miniatures and pre-release stock.

Really? A sale without a sale? I think 'sale' is a pretty unambiguous word, it means a temporary reduction in price! :D I'm still looking forward to what they have available though. I'd be interested in picking up some of the old metals whilst I still can. If Hoffman come sout early it could be a good Christmas present idea!

Really? A sale without a sale? I think 'sale' is a pretty unambiguous word, it means a temporary reduction in price! :D I'm still looking forward to what they have available though. I'd be interested in picking up some of the old metals whilst I still can. If Hoffman come sout early it could be a good Christmas present idea!

They have stuff for Sale. It might not be on sale, but they are offering a chance to buy things, that are not normally for sale.

Definitions.

1. The exchange of goods or services for an amount of money or its equivalent; the act of selling.
2. An instance of selling.
3. An opportunity for selling or being sold; demand.
4. Availability for purchase: a store where pets are for sale.
5. A selling of property to the highest bidder; an auction.
6. A special disposal of goods at lowered prices: coats on sale this week.
7. sales
a. Activities involved in selling goods or services.
b. Gross receipts

;)

• Like 1

And I deliver everytime! Just like the post office.

Perhaps your Viking Post Men do a pretty good job however you've obviously never had dealings with the Royal Mail! If they aren't striking they are sat on their backside scoffing donuts and complaining about something :D 

Generally they are alright but when they are bad they are terrible! 

Generally they are alright but when they are bad they are terrible! 

A bit OT but I think this is a great way to describe the Royal Mail.  I've rarely had problems with them but I have they are an absolute t**t to get sorted because they won't take responsibility for anything!

I think we'll definitely get something completely left field that we weren't expecting.  Not sure what yet though!

They have stuff for Sale. It might not be on sale, but they are offering a chance to buy things, that are not normally for sale.

Definitions.

1. The exchange of goods or services for an amount of money or its equivalent; the act of selling.
2. An instance of selling.
3. An opportunity for selling or being sold; demand.
4. Availability for purchase: a store where pets are for sale.
5. A selling of property to the highest bidder; an auction.
6. A special disposal of goods at lowered prices: coats on sale this week.
7. sales
a. Activities involved in selling goods or services.
b. Gross receipts

;)

Come off it man! You know what a sale means! Or maybe it means something different in the States? Over here in the U.K., if there is a sale on it means that stuff will be sold at a lower than usual price ('sale items' we call them). I work in retail and if a customer came into my store and saw that my prices hadn't been reduced but I had more stock for sale (for sale, as opposed to on sale, they are two different things) then he'd ask where my sale was, and if I told him that the new stock was my sale, he'd be annoyed. Anyway, I'm writing this with a smile on my face, so no offence meant to anyone. I'm looking forward to seeing what the guys will be releasing and hoping for some interesting goodies!

I'm Uk based as well. My only Black friday experience is Wyrd.

I'm just saying they choose to spend that time selling models that aren't for sale now, and won't be for sale in a weeks time. But they will be for sale on Black Friday (and normally the rest of the weekend).

The Wyrd Black Friday Sale is a sale of limited editon figures, not a discount on their normally availble stock. Its not how I would normally use the word, but its not wrong.

(Of course, this year if they are clearing ther metal stock then that may well be sold cheaper. I have no idea. I'm also just going on previous occasions).

• Like 2

A question, in case Wyrd does not put the things I need to start on sale - does anyone know of other places that might put Malifaux on Black Friday sale? I watch CoolMiniorNot, other suggestions will be appreciated. Need someplace that ships internationally.

Both Miniature Market and The Warstore will be having sales and offer international shipping. 

• Like 2

Do Wyrd even call it a "Black Friday Sale" or is it just "Black Friday Event" or "Black Friday Specials"?

There's no price reduction - however, there are offers of free miniatures, limited release items, and pre-release items.

Alternatively, there's likely to be a price reduction in the remaining back-stock of metal/resin models to get them the hell out of the Wyrd warehouse, so there's that, too.

In previous years, I do believe they did discounted prices for some items.  Not everything but if I remember correctly there were some discounted books and maybe some other items.  But the main focus of the sale does certainly seem to be the ability to get items that were not readily available in the past.