5 Models every Guild player should have

Rathnard

To continue the theme of this weekend, here's the relevant Guild thread. :D

This is what I'd recommend;

1. Witchling Stalker (Condition Removal. Do I really need to say more?)

2. Austringer (LoS-ignoring attacks and the ability to push friendly models around)

3. Guild Hounds (Cheap, invaluble for Recon and can still run schemes in pairs)

4. Guild Riflemen (superb at range, just don't go overboard with them)

5. Fransisco (Good melee, plus there's that whole El Mayor thing that usually forces your opponent to kill him before you even consider taking on the Master)

My experience is extremely limited and I only own a small number of models at the moment so I can't do a list of five but I've found that the Death Marshalls are very useful and are always a core choice for me. They're just jacks of all trades - mobile, reasonable shooting and melee, fairly survivable and the pine box which is situational but potentially useful. I also love the judege for the same reasons as above plus pushing models is extremely useful I've found. The executioner has been the biggest disapointment so far. I just haven't found him to be as 'killy' as I'd expected him to be! I've just put together my guild guard and I'm expecting good things of them but haven't had a chance to play with them yet.

What's your reasoning with those choices? Just curious!

Francisco: Good damage output in range and even better in Ml where he also likes to be due to Finesse. Also the +2/+2 makes some interesting combinations. I feel he is very good for his price. 

Sidir: Just plain ridiculous the things you can do with this model, Bodyguard in the pool? Gain 3 VP instantly. You can protect your models, disrupt schemes etc due to By Your Side upgrade and Promises is just plain insane. :+fate flips for everyone carrying an upgrade makes him an insanely good model. Also he is no slouch when shooting either.

Witchling Stalker: 5SS Ml6 model that does 2/3/5 damage (3/4/6 with the burning +1) and can end conditions from 12"? Need I continue? :D

Death Marshal: Good with schemes due to Unimpeded and Finish the Job, can "oneshot" models due to Pinebox also they are quite okay with the Ml and Sh actions. Usually they draw a lot of attention and can really just hold their own due to the fear of the Pinebox.

Abuela Ortega: Ah Abuela, if only I had a model I'd field her a lot. Her Sh7 is insane with the built in trigger for slug making her damage profile quite devastating, can be quite mobile due to roll me closer dear as well as having the (0) action Listen up Young'un which is terrific! One AP action for a (0) action! Wow. This model is a lot better than Santiago! :) 

• Like 1

I think a pretty safe argument can be made for Austringers, Stalkers, Death Marshals, and Francisco as the first four anyone should have. The fifth model up is up for debate but I hear great things about Sidir. If there's a model that I think is a little overpriced for what it does right now, it's probably the Guardian though.

I think a pretty safe argument can be made for Austringers, Stalkers, Death Marshals, and Francisco as the first four anyone should have. The fifth model up is up for debate but I hear great things about Sidir. If there's a model that I think is a little overpriced for what it does right now, it's probably the Guardian though.

Guardian absolutely shouldn't be cheaper. It's currently very viable choice for atleast 3/7 guild masters and if it was any cheaper it would pretty much become auto include on all lists.

I agree with zFiend's list btw. I might be more than a little to blame for Sidir making his list.

• Like 1

In order I'd have to say 

- Witchling Stalkers (Cheap and reliable source of Condition Removal)

- Austringers (Long Ranged badassitude)

- Francisco (amazing all round henchman)

- Watchers (Probably the best objective runners we have)

- Death Marshalls (Incredibly versatile and well rounded models and PINEBOX!!)