Wyrd at Gen Con 2014

CaseyJ

Duty only applies on items worth more than £200ish so its only VAT that they could potentially charge. and for that amount, i doubt they'll bother. last 2 orders i've done (black friday and last years gencon) there was no charges. it is entirely dependant on the way its packaged/labelled and the customs officer though.

The amount is unfortunately no reflection on whether they 'bother'.  The threshold that you start paying VAT is £15 and my friend recently got stung for an order that totalled £15.17.  I have also been stung when I ordered two miniatures from SPM that totalled less than £20.  Unfortunately it's completely random whether you will get stung or not.  It doesn't feel so bad if you've made a big order but when it's a small order and they chuck on £8 handling fee it's a bitch!

And again, cost and logistics of shipping something to Hawaii vs Japan is vastly more complicated then simple distance from warehouse.

I understand that, I'm not overly bothered that Fedex shipping is ~$3 cheaper to Kyoto.  I'm bothered that there's an international shipping option that's $25 cheaper (probably using USPS per comments from other international posters) while there are no other options (like USPS) to Hawaii.  This especially bothers me as I've had nothing but issues with Fedex and I can't understand why Wyrd still uses them after the Smartpost lies that Fedex fed to Wyrd two years ago. 

I want to be a heavy supporter of Wyrd and buy their cool products.  In the end I'm probably going to skip* on the con-exclusives and any direct orders from Wyrd because I can't support fedex.

Some oddities:

Hawaii's population is approximately the same size as Kyoto's, and therefore might expect similar parcel loads (though perhaps not because of fedex's slow and overpriced service)

Honolulu has an International Airport, Kyoto has no airport of any kind (the nearest domestic only airport is 50km away but handles no international flights, the nearest international airport is 100km away)

*I'm still exploring the idea of having my order shipped to a relative in Korea and have them just bring it to me when they visit later this year. I'll save money and possibly also get my stuff sooner (the sooner bit is hyperbole).

From gmorts's day 3 pics...new nekima art. As with the early render, only things i'll change (modeling) is that set of big horns, and the topknot. Other than that, i certainly  can learn to appreciate the new barbarian style, although the old art is still awesome by that standard.

as a sidenote, not sure if the nightmare edition of LCB is going to be worth much with this new M2E version, outside of pure collecting purpose. The new one is definitely as good if not better looking (goes to show what they can do with the new stuff).

• Like 1

The only thing I'm disappointed by is Colette - all the other art is spectacular or good, Colette is acceptable at best.  But there's a whole thread about that XD

The Oxfordian mage is...incredibly appealing.  I sense a cosplay coming on.  All of the puppets are adorable.  The redone spirit art (namely those for Kirai) all look amazing beyond words.  I'm almost considering throwing in a second GenCon order just to get some of this stuff ahead of time...

And don't forget you got a place to come and try out all those new goodies, Loveless! We are still gaming on Saturdays!

I know! I keep sleeping in or having lunch dates or being out of town >_>  My friend and I have been playing in his basement on Thursday nights.

• Like 1

Apparently the books and arsenal decks are already errored. According to A Wyrd Place, someone in conversation with Justin has found that:

"Blessed of December should be 9 stones

Mister Tannen should be 6 stones

The Dreamer should have a cache of 3"

Such a shame what we've bought but not even got yet needs to be corrected. I guess we'll have to wait for more amendments in wave 3 arsenal decks?

Couldn't Wyrd do a trade in for the cards where you can send them back? I know I'm pretty upset about paying for a card with misinformation.

It was done once in the past with the 1st edition though I imagine it would cost a fair amount for them to repeat. I think we can count on seeing the correct cards posted on the errata dock until they release the next wave of arsenal card decks. I am really hoping they dont decide to add to the confusion by altering future printings of wave 2 arsenal decks to fix this.