Lucky Effigy Luck o' the Draw

Tuttleboy

Question

If I have a positive twist to my duel will I heal 2 damage if I flip 2  :ram ?  I think so, but want to make sure before I do it with Collodi.

(0) Luck o' the Draw: Target friendly Leader within 8" gains the following Condition until the end of the Turn: "Lucky Draw: Whenever this model flips a :ram  in a duel, it may immediately heal 1 damage."
  • Like 1

18 answers to this question

How does Jacob lynch's ace in the hole work if something other than him flipped two aces for defensive stance or an Attack action.

I think he would pick both up. But then I wonder cause you only get to choose one for your final duel total. And if that's the case then you would only heal one.

But I don't have a decent answer.

How does Jacob lynch's ace in the hole work if something other than him flipped two aces for defensive stance or an Attack action.

I think he would pick both up. But then I wonder cause you only get to choose one for your final duel total. And if that's the case then you would only heal one.

But I don't have a decent answer.

Ace in the hole doesn't mention flips, just aces being placed in the discard pile, so it gives no guidance in this.

You know, I think you're right.

I've been using him with Collodi (since Luck of the Draw is crazy good with Hard to Kill models), and I was going on the opposite assumption, but based on the description of flips and duels in the rules, all the cards you flip for positive or negative fate... are indeed cards you have flipped, and any rams can count for Luck of the Draw. So if you've got some Defensive on you, you can rack up quite a bit of healing!

can I also heal multiple wounds in a duel with negative flips? or just with positives. 

Luck o' the Draw doesn't state that the flipped card can't be an additional card flipped for a Fate Modifier (neither :+fate nor :-fate), which means that, like Hateful Darkblack said: "So if you have three negative flips, you could heal 4 damage."

By the way... likelihood of flipping 4 :ram out of 4 cards is less than 0,4%.

Luck o' the Draw only heals for  :ram flipped as part of the duel, it does not heal for any cards flipped for damage as a result of a duel (since damage is not part of the duel itself), so it in unlikely (but not impossible) that you will get to flip more than 2 cards.

Luck o' the Draw only heals for  :ram flipped as part of the duel, it does not heal for any cards flipped for damage as a result of a duel (since damage is not part of the duel itself), so it in unlikely (but not impossible) that you will get to flip more than 2 cards.

So is a damage flip not a duel?  Does that also apply to the critical strike trigger on lady justice's crew? e.g. final duel total only includes the attack flip?

The wording is "whenever this model flips a  :ram  in a duel, it may immediately heal 1 damage." 

So is a damage flip not a duel?  Does that also apply to the critical strike trigger on lady justice's crew? e.g. final duel total only includes the attack flip?

The wording is "whenever this model flips a  :ram  in a duel, it may immediately heal 1 damage."

Damage flip is not a duel, nor is it a part of the duel. It does not count for critical strike or any other triggers. In fact, the suits of the cards flipped for damage flip do not matter at all.