To Wyrd: Errata'ed stat cards in Europe

Dear Wyrd 

I recently started playing Malifaux again after a two-year hiatus. 

I realised that I needed new stat cards for a lot of my models, which I promptly ordered from Wargame Vault - as far as I know the only place to order new statcards from. 

The new stat cards arrived some weeks later, but were hold up in costums, where I had to pay more than $ 31 to get them released (the cards only cost $ 15). Thus incl. shipping, I ended up paying more than $ 70 for $ 15 worth of stat cards. 

I understand that Wyrd is not responsible for EU-customs etc., and I would never raise an eyebrow for having to pay customs fees when buying e.g. a special edition model or the likes that is not essential for playing the game. But I do, however, think that it is quite unreasonable to demand that stat cards be ordered from a US site when it is something you cannot play the game without. All other essentials for playing Malifaux can be bought within EU without paying customs fees. 

If the stat cards can indeed be ordered from within the EU, I apologise and ask that you point me in that direction. But if not, I would really implore you to find a european partner for printing stat cards as these are completely essential for playing the game, and as it is only files that are printet, Wyrd incurs no product shipping fees. 

Best regards

Lars Emil

Avid Malifaux-fan

P.s. I have the app, and while it is a fine tool for looking up information, it is not a good tool for keeping track of information during a game.        

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Agree 5

Although I totally agree with Europe requiring a better access to stat cards you still need to consider that customs will need to be paid no matter what. Therefore individual cards would probably be more expensive since the retailer needs to cover his cost for shipping and customs.

That said, the only real improvement for us Europeans would be for a printing company / service this side of the pond to acquire a license to print Wyrd's stat cards - and I'm not sure how likely this is going to happen anytime soon.

We - as a community - stick to ordering in groups to split shipping and customs. Every couple of months the one with the shortest straw has to place a large order and drive to customs to get the package. Really annoying task 😣

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure what the threshold for other EU countries is, but in the UK we don't pay customs on orders under £15 (about $20) including postage. So when ever I order from WGV I do it in smaller amounts making sure the total cost including postage is under $20. It keeps the postage cost down too. Its actually a lot cheaper to make several smaller orders than one big order

Its worth looking it up in your respective countries to see if there's a threshold that you could stick below when placing orders

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, Dirach said:

Wyrd have posted the needed cards on their web page. I agree that printed cards "feels" better and you will notice the difference, but when the printed cards are put in sleeves they look good and in function they do the same work. 

The latest errata cards are not high enough resolution to print unless they have changes lately.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/16/2018 at 12:58 PM, Larsemillarsen said:

The new stat cards arrived some weeks later, but were hold up in costums, where I had to pay more than $ 31 to get them released (the cards only cost $ 15). Thus incl. shipping, I ended up paying more than $ 70 for $ 15 worth of stat cards.

That is harsh and sort of puts a dampener on the game a little, I would like to see Upgrade stat card decks available so our LGS can stock them.

Now I have all the cards on the app but when playing a game I still much prefer to have the cards on the table and it is much nicer to have a card with the correct information on it so if my opponent want to take a look at what I am doing.

• Like 5

i agree with all thats said so far. its an expensive endeavour getting these cards delivered from the states. But I also think its wrong that the erratered cards are not included with new purchases. Why are the models models shipped with obsolete cards?  its completely pointless, avoidable and a right PITA IMO

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Coyotebreaks said:

i agree with all thats said so far. its an expensive endeavour getting these cards delivered from the states. But I also think its wrong that the erratered cards are not included with new purchases. Why are the models models shipped with obsolete cards?  its completely pointless, avoidable and a right PITA IMO

Have my full support on that.

• Like 2