Advice on next buy

Mårten

On 31.01.2018 at 1:41 AM, PirateCaptain said:

Yup, I agree with the above, grab Rafkin, and take a loot at Shikome, and Little Gassers when they come out

Why Shikome? Yes, she will charge poisoned targets for (1) and will hit pretty hard. But she's 7ss spirit with no other spirits in a crew (no synergy with Adversary). I mean McMourning and Co are already do lot of damage (especially with Rafkin). I don't see free SS space for Shikome...((

Gasers looks cool, but more tests required. Passive Poison - nice, but McMourning and Co already produce so much poison. "Pull my finger" pulse - nice, but it needs 7 and Gaser will be dead after that. So they looks like one-off model for me, don't sure that it worth 4ss. But again, need more tests. Probably they will be great with Asura's Actions.

3 hours ago, Sagrit said:

Why Shikome? Yes, she will charge poisoned targets for (1) and will hit pretty hard. But she's 7ss spirit with no other spirits in a crew (no synergy with Adversary). I mean McMourning and Co are already do lot of damage (especially with Rafkin). I don't see free SS space for Shikome...((

I think they're a good tool to have in your back pocket.  If you end up at a board with a bunch of impassible terrain, or a scheme pool situation where you need a few solid minions that still work into the theme they can be useful.  I wouldn't put them into my main crew, but I think having one on hand is really important.

• Like 2

I find that the shikome hit pretty well when there is poison about. even when they are the only spirit you can use the (0) challenge to get Adversary before you get the charge. making them have bonus to hit and +1 damage as well as chosing the defensive stat.

If I only had 7 stones I might consider rafkin over a shikome, but if I had 14 stones I may consider 2 shikome rather than rafkin and 1 as my hitters. 

• Like 1

don't underestimate the value of the Shikome charging for (1) against stuff with poison. In a crew with a lot of ability to put out poison this can be huge! It in essence gives them a third attack against a single model or if they are going in on already weakened models potentially two charges in a turn. Additionally as mentioned above they add maneuverability and have their own ability to get the Adversary condition on models. They were good before, IMO, but are a bargain now- 8 wounds, hard to wound, flight, built in trigger to ignore armor, and against models with Adversary the ability to choose to attack vs. Wp instead of defense... 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, thatlatinspeakingguy said:

I haven't tried Gassers yet, but they seem to me to be among our best releases in Wave 5. They make poison tech reliable and thus viable with any master. can't wait to try them coupled with Shikome (which are pretty good for 7ss) in Yan Lo, Seamus and Nico crews.

I agree, i've been toying around with a poison seamus crew with performers and cassandra, and I think there's something to it.  I'm very excited to try little gassers with it.

Guild Autopsies could be very fun to play with Emissary :) Kind of weird Ressurectionists gun-line. It's not very comptetive but really fun to surprise an opponent with unexpected reactivation (thanks to Belle's discard trigger and (0) of Graveyard Spirit). It will work the same way with every Master, but it looks good in McMourning crew because of some Poison synergy and McMourning's (0) that allows slow Autopsies move around and spread markers.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

What do you think about Nurse now that they are 6ss?
As a beginner they still seem very useful, being able to both heal your own stuff as well as shutting down key opponents?

Here is what I own:
Reva Box
McMourning Box
Nicodem Box
Seamus Box

Flesh Construct
Canine Remains
Carrion Effigy
Mindless Zombies
Carrion Emissary
Rafkin
Yin

There still seems to some extras I'm missing in terms of getting all key pieces to play with?
When it comes to competitive play, are there any must-haves that I'm missing?

I read some of your example lists, will go through the rest at some point.

Looking to build core 30-40ish SS for each Master that I can then complete after knowing the schemes. I wish to learn this part of the game as well so I should probably already start doing that.

I'd say you are missing dead doxies for movement tricks and possibly necropunks for scheming but I would advice against the pokemon effect. ;)

If you want to play Nicodem at 100% tournament filth level you want Philip from Molly's box, Asura and Kentauroi.

I think learning with what you have for now is a more solid idea. You might end up not liking the Nico playstyle after trying a few times.

• Like 2

I'd partially echo what Ludvig is saying.  Your current available "scheme runner" models are Canine Remains and Rotten Belles...   Canine remains are serviceable (because Wk 6 is nice) but not particularly amazing.  Rotten Belles (assuming you bring Sybelle) have sort of the same thing going, but can do more out on the flank for you.

I'd play with what you have for a while, and if you feel like you're really hurting for more dedicated scheme runners, look into one of the more specialized models like necropunks or crooligans.  If thinking of crooligans, go for the Molly box instead (Molly is fun and Phillip is always useful).

Bone Piles are potentially fantastic scheme runners/flank units, but I don't have any experience with them to say for sure.

Hayreddin also got some buzz with his most recent price drop.  He's fast and flying, so shouldn't have much trouble getting places.  He also has the feature of possibly wrecking other scheme runners he might come up against thanks to his aura.

• 3 weeks later...