Logfaux and you: How low can we go?

4thstringer

So I was looking at our numbers for 2017 and 2016 on Logfaux, and it is pretty depressing (As discussed in the Adepticon thread.  Though 2017 seems to be going better than 2016, we are still at a win percentage of only 38%.

So my question for you is this.  How low would that win percentage have to get, given a sample size about equal to currently, to chase you out of guild completely?  

Well I just started Guild and I like how they play so far. :)

From my perspective the win statistics, while fun to look at from time to time, doesn't necessarily give an accurate account about any given faction.

Much is affected by who uploads and who doesn't.

Also the win statistics doesn't take into account a lot of "invisible" variables such as: Individual player skill, terrain used, Strategies and Schemes chosen with what models etc.

So while I find the statistics intriguing, I would not base the decision on which faction I played on them.

• Like 3

If people think guild suck because the stats at logfaux are bad it must mean I am an amazing player if I so good with them, right? ;)

I was too pigheaded to give up Lucius until they had errata'd him so I don't see myself abandoning guild just because some small sample size gives a slightly lower win percent.

I have been branching out lately to get to try some different models from other factions but that is to get some change and perspective, not because I need to do better. In fact I feel myself pulled to the themes people consider subpar like growth nephilim sans Nekima, I may just be doing this backwards.

• Like 2

I gotta admit, I played the heck outta Lucius previous to the Erratta, so it might feel like I shouldn't be bothered by this.  But for some reason seeing the number on the screen was a real kick in the teeth for me.  Adding to it the fact that almost no-one took them to Adepticon, and a vague suspicion I have had seeing some of the nasty thing TT can do, I'm becoming salty.

• Like 1

Logfaux is suggestive nothing else. Malifaux Rankings US, another purely suggestive system of information, has Travis as one of the highest ranked players in the US and the highest Guild player. He regularly states on his podcast that he thinks Ressers are the weakest faction at the moment. Again doesn't mean anything.

I think that the biggest issue with Guild at the moment is that they just aren't cool to a large portion of the player base. It's hard to get people interested in ordinary Humans with Guns when they can play nightmares made flesh, reanimated punk zombies, ninjas, inbred backwater bayou zanies, or incarnations of plague. Especially since they don't even get the good guy cache that many people seem to like.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Fetid Strumpet said:

Logfaux is suggestive nothing else. Malifaux Rankings US, another purely suggestive system of information, has Travis as one of the highest ranked players in the US and the highest Guild player. He regularly states on his podcast that he thinks Ressers are the weakest faction at the moment. Again doesn't mean anything.

I think that the biggest issue with Guild at the moment is that they just aren't cool to a large portion of the player base. It's hard to get people interested in ordinary Humans with Guns when they can play nightmares made flesh, reanimated punk zombies, ninjas, inbred backwater bayou zanies, or incarnations of plague. Especially since they don't even get the good guy cache that many people seem to like.

I`m on offtop right now but whats his Podcast?

I played Arcanists before playing starting to play guild exclusively about 5 months ago. Initially I found it was harder to score schemes with guild than with Arcanists (though I was playing Colette....). Since then, I think I've adapted how I play and the schemes I choose and I'm finding success with Guild. 

I think it's funny if guild are viewed as "bad". I like being the underdog.

The archetype I've been struggling against with guild are blasters. Partly because I don't want to play Sonnia as a counter.

• Like 1

All this talk of Guild being under-powered really makes me want to play Guild, though I can't afford to jump ship just now.

As previously stated the Logfaux information is fairly skewed on it's own for various reasons. Every time I try out a new Master, which can be fairly frequent, I mess with LogFaux's statistics. I actually kept a precise record of games for about a year and have been considering plugging that in, again that could significantly change some Masters and I'm only one insignificant player. All my Tourney games have gone in as casual games too as our TOs are not currently using LogFaux. I think you have to include many pieces to get a more even view of the current meta puzzle.

The top Guild player in the US is above Thunders and Ressers and the top player in the UK is 8 places above Thunders and 10 places above Outcasts. In our own small meta the only player to consistently hold the number one spot is a Guild player, though he recently left the scene for other pursuits. He was primarily a Perdita player.

The other piece that needs to be added to get a rounded picture is all the tournaments over 30 players in size, but that's much harder to get information on currently.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, scarlett fever said:

All my Tourney games have gone in as casual games too as our TOs are not currently using LogFaux. I think you have to include many pieces to get a more even view of the current meta puzzle.

Do you know the reason why your TO doesn't want to use it?

Or maybe you'll try and get a 'dummy tournament' for your own tournament games? :)

Because it seems that's the biggest issue currently, too many tourney games logged in as casuals....

59 minutes ago, Tris said:

Do you know the reason why your TO doesn't want to use it?

Or maybe you'll try and get a 'dummy tournament' for your own tournament games? :)

Because it seems that's the biggest issue currently, too many tourney games logged in as casuals....

Don't know that they don't want to use it, never really had the conversation, so I guess that's my next task then. 

In general there's probably only 20% of our local players using it. 

Like most Guild players I care little for the win/lose statistics and picked the faction purely on rule of cool.  The only thing that would possibly push me away from playing Guild is if they had a ridiculously high win ratio in comparison to all the other factions.

• Like 1