Official Malifaux app

I am kind of new to the game but my Henchman mentioned that Wyrd is working on an official app. I also

heard Russ mention it on the D6 Generation podcast. I did a search to find news. I an find nothing less than a year

old. Is there any news on this app? How it is going, if it is coming or canceled? Anything?

EDIT:   I am here to eat crow. I was very vocal on this thread. I doubted the app would come out in a timely fashion. I was wrong.

The app has come out and it is indeed amazing. I am truly impressed. Thank you Wyrd.  I am excited that you are already talking about

future updates too. While I absolutely love this app I do have some minor things I would like to see added. First and foremost Landscape mode

I use my ipad in a keyboard case and use it during tournament this not only hides my scheme from my opponent but it makes it handy for me as well.

The other thing is a way to mark when models have been activated (color change to name bar maybe?).  Thanks again Wyrd!!!!

Edited by Terry Bailey Sr
Update

Thank you for that link,  but that is  7 months old. Is there any news on how it is going? Seems odd that a company that is making

app has not posted something about it in 7 months. I mean it seems they would want to keep interest up. Keep the buzz going if you know

what I mean. There may not be much to tell I understand that. I would think a post once in a while like "guys we are making progress on the app no

release date yet but here is a screen shot of what we have so far". That kind of thing keeps buzz going.

That could be one reason for threads like that one to come up recently:

Regarding the app, I guess they don't want to say: "nothing new yet" and repeat themselves, although I have to admit I would like to get updates more often :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, Terry Bailey Sr said:

Again soon is a relative term. Soon translates to sometime today for me. 

And this is why Wyrd often doesn't say very much until they are ready to announce something formally.

(Not having a go at you, just pointing out that wyrd haven't given any time lines since they said summer is probably a good time for it, the people who used near future and soon probably know as much as you do about it. Although as was said,  Wyrd use Gencon as a big platform for releases. Gencon is in the summer. But 2+2 does not always equal 4 )

I really do wish companies could do like movies and announce a specific date on things.

However, I know that would be hard for them to do. But imagine for a moment that a game company

announces that on January 10th their game will be released and they hit that date.  Fans would really

take a liking to that company. Problem is no company is willing to take the risk that they would get it

wrong even by a few days because if they did fans would complain so much. Someday one company will

have the coconuts to try it though. I already know of one game company that ships kickstarters early (Bezier Games)

But Ted who owns that company is a wizard when it comes to getting his stuff made and distributed.

Who in the miniatures market will be so bold, who indeed.

22 hours ago, Terry Bailey Sr said:

I really do wish companies could do like movies and announce a specific date on things.

However, I know that would be hard for them to do. But imagine for a moment that a game company

announces that on January 10th their game will be released and they hit that date.  Fans would really

take a liking to that company. Problem is no company is willing to take the risk that they would get it

wrong even by a few days because if they did fans would complain so much. Someday one company will

have the coconuts to try it though. I already know of one game company that ships kickstarters early (Bezier Games)

But Ted who owns that company is a wizard when it comes to getting his stuff made and distributed.

Who in the miniatures market will be so bold, who indeed.

Movies are given release dates usually well after it's finished or it's just waiting on a few things to be done. Additionally wyrd does give release dates very often. There's even a whole page dedicated to when releases are coming out.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2017 at 9:31 AM, santaclaws01 said:

Movies are given release dates usually well after it's finished or it's just waiting on a few things to be done.

Plus they very strongly try to push certain movies to come out at specific times of the year.  Teen movies will drop in the summer when the teens have the time to go, Oscar-bait will drop about a month before the Oscars, holiday movies too of course, etc.  A lot of those movies that are too early / late for what they want to be will just flat out do worse.

But on topic with the app, my bet's for at least a release date at GenCon :) 

• Like 1