Guild RoF Upgrades

Justin

8 minutes ago, Hagisman said:

I'd like to put in request for an upgrade for Phiona Gage.

More Machine than Woman

Grants the Construct characteristic and +1 armor.

I'd like to put in a similar request for all Guild models. I doubt my requests will be granted any more than yours.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Hagisman said:

I'd like to put in request for an upgrade for Phiona Gage.

More Machine than Woman

Grants the Construct characteristic and +1 armor.

28 minutes ago, Myyrä said:

I'd like to put in a similar request for all Guild models. I doubt my requests will be granted any more than yours.

I dunno, it does keep her out of Leveticus' sphere of influence, which necessity is part of the reason wave 4 seems devoid of non-Gremlin constructs I suspect. At the least, the question has to be asked, if that is the way to avoid Mr. Grabby Mechano-Hand messing up the hiring pools. :mellow:

And no, there's no particular heat to that lack of characteristic. I don't even know what she does yet, other than look awesome. *looks at a Miss Anne Thrope who is currently destined to be an alt-femme-Joss* Although I should look into that in case I want to proxy her for awhile.

There`s Terracota Warriors, Poison Gamin for Pariah of Iron

There`s Tooth, Thorn, Claw, Rougarou, Aeslin, Draugr and Archie for Pariah of Bone

Curfew from what I got:

At the end of activation of a model with Curfew, if its the last model you can activate you can discard it and an SS to make all unactivated enemy models get slow.

• Like 2

I've been thinking, and this is probably a bad idea, but what if you created a crew with a lot of companion, and part of your plan was to drop it first turn to slow half their crew (probably the most effective models given most people like to move their weak models first) on the first turn.  Basically go for highest number of actions denied.  let you establish yourself much further up the board than your opponent, keep your opponent from getting into position, and establish control over the board early.

I'm not sure this would be successful, but there is a part of me that really enjoys the idea of this, and combining it with a full complement of traps put into unavoidable places to waste even more of your opponents activations and establish what can only be described as reverse activation control.

1 hour ago, 4thstringer said:

I've been thinking, and this is probably a bad idea, but what if you created a crew with a lot of companion, and part of your plan was to drop it first turn to slow half their crew (probably the most effective models given most people like to move their weak models first) on the first turn.  Basically go for highest number of actions denied.  let you establish yourself much further up the board than your opponent, keep your opponent from getting into position, and establish control over the board early.

I'm not sure this would be successful, but there is a part of me that really enjoys the idea of this, and combining it with a full complement of traps put into unavoidable places to waste even more of your opponents activations and establish what can only be described as reverse activation control.

Brutal Emissary might be your best bet for that. 2 chain activations after his turn 3(need 2 destined). 

But by then your opponent either has been kicking butt that Brutal is either dead or you are down too many models to make it worth wild.

I think it's best use is for Show of Force and maybe a Hail Mary late game  

8 minutes ago, Hagisman said:

Brutal Emissary might be your best bet for that. 2 chain activations after his turn 3(need 2 destined). 

But by then your opponent either has been kicking butt that Brutal is either dead or you are down too many models to make it worth wild.

I think it's best use is for Show of Force and maybe a Hail Mary late game  

3 Chain Activations if you Chain into the Emissary first.

1 minute ago, LunarSol said:

3 Chain Activations if you Chain into the Emissary first.

Oooh... Mounted Guard. ?

Still Mounted Guard/an accomplice, the Emissary, and 2 other models have to be alive turn 4. 

While you get 2VP from the strategy. At this point you probably have already won. It'll get you better Differential but probably won't win the game. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, trikk said:

I think the greatest use of Curfew (on paper) is not using it. Until you activate your model with Curfew the enemy doesn`t know if he`s being slowed. And you can both score Show of Force and still get the Promises bonus.

I agree with this, though, given the prohibition of it needing the model carrying it to activate last in order to be a threat it does effect your activation order as well. It is still very potent in a lot of situations. Time will tell if it is too potent for its low cost against Spam crews.

6 hours ago, Kadeton said:

Curfew certainly seems like a solid reason to pick Nicodem when your opponent declares Guild...

I'd face Niko rather than Kirai any day of the week.

Not too shabby to force his flankers to activate first either so you get them within shooting range. A lot of the time some mooks just drop corpses the first few activations, now he might have to choose between keeping his schemers safe but slow or moving up early and risking them taking hits. You will also force the choice of a slow Nico or make him go a lot earlier than he might like.

I can see some really stupid McCabe lists with expensive beaters in my future and then just having Luna + a single hound or the lone marshal for schemes. 6 models of which two can use companion resulting in 4 activations and then slowing everything could hurt more than a few lists. :) 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LunarSol said:

The nice thing about it is that its a situational 2 SS upgrade that only costs the second stone if you run into the situation where you use it.  It's not a huge loss if I just hold it all game.

When you put it like that... sounds good! I'm definitely looking forward to experimenting with it, but wondering if I might just prefer to stock up on multiple copies of Debt to the Guild, which will always at least return your investment (1ss when the model does), and often provide a card and bonus damage when you need it. 

16 minutes ago, fauxreigner said:

When you put it like that... sounds good! I'm definitely looking forward to experimenting with it, but wondering if I might just prefer to just stock up on multiple copies of Debt to the Guild, which will always at least return your investment (1ss when the model does), and often provide a card and bonus damage when you need it. 

Recruiters and most Henchmen will have a slot for that. Min damage 4 is no joke. Francisco turns into Frankima :D