Strong Arcanist Wave 2 Models

AgentRock

I'm not an expert on the Arcanists as a faction, but I've started a project to take a look at the state of minion and enforcer models from the end of the Wave 2 beta that are notable. I'm looking for folks to point me at some likely subjects, either very good or possibly some that need work. Hopefully some faction experts can give me some tips.

Thanks!

Perhaps not garnering near as much enthusiasm outside a Raspy crew, (where one might instead continue to rely on the Sabertooth Cerberus) take a look at the Blessed of December. Great mobility with her tactical (in the form of Leap), Unimpeded and Cg 7. She also has a slew of great triggers, all in a package that has Frozen Heart and Hard to Wound.

Depending on where it ends up specifically, the Mechanical Rider seems like it will be incredible. They have some very flexible summoning that provides great synergy with every crew aside from Marcus, and can generate extra scheme markers and draw extra cards. Not really a raw power model, but if you can keep it alive for the first two turns, it provides a ton of utility.

• Like 1

He's basically the Wave 2 equivalent of Joss.

Did Joss get his Cash? Or would it be Tango?

---------- Post added at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

Coryphee are looking quite nice too.

I can't wait to field the Coryphees, they seem amazing!

acolyte can only shoot people its not engaged with to make them slow and has mi5compared to6on the gunsmith without the hard way you can choose a suit by discarding a card of that suit so quite easy to get triggers

The Acolyte is fantastic.  The Gunsmith is not "better" (particularly for Rasputina), but they do compete heavily for that SS cost slot.

So in response to the question; "What are some strong Arcanist Wave 2 models" the Gunsmith absolutely must come up.

All of them.

Honestly, the one I'm worried about is the Coryphee Duet, and some of the higher costing ones - but its because I haven't really gotten them on the table enough to make sure the high cost is worth it for me.

Gunsmiths are liquid gold.
Performers are making me so excited now that they can be hired on their own, and their lure is feasible to pull off (with really fun triggers I need to experiment with).  I want to take them in non-showgirl crews just so I have access to lure.
Blessed of December got a much needed boost - 7 combat makes me eager to play Raspy again.
I really enjoyed the last few changes to the silent ones.
Cassandra is insane.  8ss for someone that has nimble, and a decent damage spread, plus magic triggers...

Lots of fun new options, that will hopefully cause really interesting crossover crews.

I'm finding that I like the individual coryphee too much to want to voltron them before I have to. Much like the Steam arachnid/swarm, it's now a question of doing it at the right time, rather than ASAP. Probably good, but as they were at the end of the beta, I personally felt like they were a bit—not much, but a bit— overcosted.