Black Friday

RagingRodian

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some really interesting and good looking stuff :) i really like that wyrd are selling the carver. It's a cool miniature, and i know a friend will be really happy that there's another chance to buy a nightmare teddy!

There are som many gorgeous crew boxes, i almost want all of them. It's crazy! And the rules manual is a must for me. i'm really excited :)

i'm also curious about the dayglow minis.

The only thing i don't like is the special "pose for the men's magazine" edition Perdita.

The only thing i don't like is the special "pose for the men's magazine" edition Perdita.

see, i actually quite like that pose. more than the dynamic shooting pose anyway. I think the shooting pose is too similar to santiago's pose.

I should be getting $100 to get the alt anyway.

see, i actually quite like that pose. more than the dynamic shooting pose anyway. I think the shooting pose is too similar to santiago's pose.

I should be getting $100 to get the alt anyway.

i am aware that a lot of people like the pose, the Lady J in your avatar is in a similar one - it's a typical female superhero "show your butt and some boob at the same time" pose made to sell to a male heterosexual audience - but i don't get how a static pose like that can be more dynamic than a pose where she's actually moving?

Oh well, i just don't want my master to look like she's posing for a men's magazine, and i'm sure people are shaking their heads at me for writing this, but i don't care. You never se males in this pose - although if Von Schill is listening now then perhaps he'd be up to the challenge to prove me wrong? XD i'm not looking for a discussion about sexism here. i just wanted to express why i didn't like that Perdita model.

The great thing is that Wyrd actually decided to go for another design for the Perdita box set, where she's active and badass, and i'm really happy about that :) So thanks for that Wyrd! i was never really interested in 1st ed Ortegas, but the 2nd ed models are really luring me in. Oh dear!

Edited by Sybarite

Arg, why did this have to come on a non-payday week?!?!?! Is there anyway to convince you guys to sell those special edition crews later? I would gladly pick up all three translucent crews in a heartbeat, even though I already own all three(Pandora Mark1, Rasputina and Oblivion Mrk. 2), but don't have the money right now......

Have you worked with transparent things at all before, Ratty?

A bit with Monsterpocalypse, as a lot of them were made out of transparents, you can do some cool looking things.

Like the hoover assembly on the moles

molemen.jpg

or the transparent brain on the floater.

yasheth.jpg

This one you can't really see but all the pustules and the Goiter are transparent purple

ulgoth.jpg

Nice! So it is doable. How would you go about prepping them to get them painted? Just a quick coat of varnish, or something more involved?

Yeah clean as normal, then I would put on a layer of varnish as that will give you something to key to. But the Monsterpocalypse models were a very different pastic much more rubbery.

Has there been any announcement when Perdita's plastic crew box will become available? Would love to get Sonnia + Perdita plastic boxes, but the shipping + taxes will be too high for me here in Finland :(

The other boxes for sale are released in Nov, Dec and Jan. I would expect to see Perdita and Nicodem released in February based on this, but it is just an educated guess.

Apparently use fine grit 1500 sanding pads and then polish with toothpaste.. Haven't done it myself though.

It also help's to wet the surface. It's make it a much smoother process. I always wet/oil my stone/sandpaper when I'm sharpening my knives... not exactly a miniature, the principle is the same.

---------- Post added at 09:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 AM ----------

A bit with Monsterpocalypse, as a lot of them were made out of transparents, you can do some cool looking things.

Like the hoover assembly on the moles

molemen.jpg

or the transparent brain on the floater.

yasheth.jpg

This one you can't really see but all the pustules and the Goiter are transparent purple

ulgoth.jpg

you are the genius that painted those?

Let it be known, that these pics helped get me into monsterpocalypse, and have been saved on my computer and fondly viewed any time i'm in the monster mood.

well done sir!