Taelor's bonus vs Tyrants

TarlSS

Question

15 answers to this question

Currently? No one. But given the fluff, we know at least Hamelin is likely to be a Tyrant on the tabletop.

We will see who else ends up being one.

(And since Tyrant is now a characteristic, this is why I insist Huggy is not a Tyrant. If he was, he'd have gotten the moniker I think)

To quote the Henchmen and Avatars rules sections from 1st edition: Not yet.

As far as what we know from the fluff so far, Tyrants are ancient powers that are tied to some of the Masters, such as Lord Chompy Bits (Nytmare) and the Hungering Darkness. [Although neither of them claims to be a Tyrant due to their different approaches to gaining and using power.]

Once we have the actual stats for Avatars, a dirty dozen of them might have the Tyrant characteristic.

Avatar Sonnia is manifesting cherufe (sp?), hamelin (both forms) are manifestations of Plague, I can't remember but think that Avatar Seamus kinda' possessed by one, Lord Chompy is one.

The only reason I wouldn't bet money on them all being tyrants is the thing with the Hungering Darkness not having that rule.

(Also, there are definitely rules referencing models that haven't been (re)released, such as McMourning specifically referencing Lawyers.)

Hint: read the story that is just before the guild characters in the book. It gives a little insight to who the tyrants are..

Assuming that information is accurate, anyway. The voices that Perdita heard/was possessed by aren't necessarily trustworthy. We just don't know enough about anything at the moment to be entirely sure they were both complete, and true.

That being said, I'd guess that Sonnia, Seamus, Rasputina, Hamelin, The Viks, and Dreamer avatars all have the Tyrant keyword, based on M1E fluff.

Sonnia, Hamelin, Rasputina and Seamus were all called out specifically as dealing with tyrants, Nytemare IIRC was called a tyrant, and the Viks avatar was totally out of control, so if not a tyrant, something is possessing them(specifically referring to the fury of the sword, but since it has been called a Masamune, I don't really buy that—if it were a Murasame, then maybe.)

I'd bet that aLeviticus is not a tyrant.

Seamus is possessed by the Gorgon, due to his Resurrection from Molly through use of the Gorgons Tear. The Gorgon is one of the known 13 Tyrants, of only a handful have either been really talked about or mentioned up until this point (Plague, December, Cherufe, Gorgon, Nytemare.)

Currently there are no models that have the Tyrant characteristic, but I'd be willing to bet my imaginary farm that we'll see a few models labeled as "Tyrants" in wave two.

Forsooth, return ye now to the grave from which thou hast risen, thou foul and wretched thread born of dark unholy magicks!

(In other words, I'll shut this thread to avoid further post-beta confusions. Feel free to start a new thread if there's any further need.)

• Like 2