Tara as a resurrectionist

micahwc

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been contemplating bringing Sebastian along with Tara, and using him to just throw dogs out every time something dies. I find in my games with Tara that a lot of things die on both sides of the board, so there's not gonna be a shortage of counters.

The wretches make for interesting objective runners. And as to the disengaging. They can use their 0 action to give the opponent fast then get :+fate :+fate to all duels. That coupled with their modified Df makes em pretty slippery.

And during beta having Decaying Aura on the Nothing Beast made him downright horrifying to soulstone user. Though I've read that DA has changed in the final release.

Also remember that with Long forgotten magics you can rob your opponent of VPs as well. Particularly with kill strategies. She's aces for reckoning.

Also remember that with Long forgotten magics you can rob your opponent of VPs as well. Particularly with kill strategies. She's aces for reckoning.

That doesn't work, Reckoning is Killed or sacrificed (Or at least it was).

She is good at counter denial, and death effects with the long forgotten magics

@fetid Not really. The ability states when a model within 8" of Karina is killed that she may discard a card to sacrifice the model instead. So she's discarding and she's sacrificing. That's all her, so for reckoning the sac/kill would go to Karina's owner. Not sure where the ambiguity is.

For reference:

Long Forgotten Magics: When another model within :aura8 would be killed, this model may discard a card to sacrifice the model instead

Can you please point out where you see the ambiguity then, cause I don't see any.

P.S. You're welcome. :) Since you said "I'm pretty certain that all it does is change the state from killed to sacrificed". I figured that the full text would be useful because it also states that she (karina) sacrifices the model.

(not inteded to be a slight or dig or anything other than having the correct information at hand for the discussion)

@fetid Not really. The ability states when a model within 8" of Karina is killed that she may discard a card to sacrifice the model instead. So she's discarding and she's sacrificing. That's all her, so for reckoning the sac/kill would go to Karina's owner. Not sure where the ambiguity is.

For reference:

Long Forgotten Magics: When another model within :aura8 would be killed, this model may discard a card to sacrifice the model instead

Tara's crew 'having to discard' is a good thing though when you consider the Df for the Nothing Beast and Void Wretch.

Hmmm there's a lot more to Karina's upgrade than I thought.

As for her in-and-of-herself; Price of Eternity combos very well with the Nothing Beast's Truth in Nothingness and Tara's -2wp :aura 6 she gets from Dead of Winter. Either the "Fast'd" models take damage from the Nothing Beast's pulse, or they they accept the :-fate to Wp flips and leave themselves more susceptible to Karina's 2 damage aura.

You could even use Karina's accomplice after moving her to activate the Nothing Beast's pulse, or a Void Wretch and try and kill something with the :+fate :+fate bonuses.