Obligatory "What is different from the beta?" thread

DeleteAccount

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fu has ended up as a henchman as well as gaining a Sh 6 stat and a better damage spread. Juggernaut became a (0) and he gained another action Madman with a Gatling Gun forces a TN17 Wp duel in a 3" :pulse or else they are pushed 3" away. Samurai went to 8 points but you don't have to sac them if you miss anymore with the Gun you suffer 4 damage that ignores armor instead

Fu has ended up as a henchman as well as gaining a Sh 6 stat and a better damage spread. Juggernaut became a (0) and he gained another action Madman with a Gatling Gun forces a TN17 Wp duel in a 3" :pulse or else they are pushed 3" away. Samurai went to 8 points but you don't have to sac them if you miss anymore with the Gun you suffer 4 damage that ignores armor instead

Both sound better to me!

Well, they both needed the hug, specially the Fuhatsu. The big question about him to those with the book is "would you field Fuhatsu?" Also, could we get some of his fluff? sounds like it's a guy with a name now and when I saw the art I was confused on so many levels.

Where's his art? I must have missed it somewhere...

He's always been a guy with a name as far as I was concerned, but just one I knew nothing about... I'd also like to see / understand what the Samurai is exactly...

Well, they both needed the hug, specially the Fuhatsu. The big question about him to those with the book is "would you field Fuhatsu?" Also, could we get some of his fluff? sounds like it's a guy with a name now and when I saw the art I was confused on so many levels.

The fluff for Fuhatsu is that he was a great powerful warrior from a high-ranking family in the Three Kingdoms. He had some "accident," which is not spelled out with specifics (a head injury perhaps?) but he is now what appears to be mentally disabled. He is referred to as a "giant", but I don't know if he is bigger as a result of the accident (experiment gone awry?), or he was always huge. His servants follow him into battle, as can be seen in the art, to help/protect him, and to "keep his pants on" (their quote) which may be speaking to his inability to dress himself, and hopefully not alluding to fluff that has him being a serial rapist on the battlefield.

---------- Post added at 08:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 AM ----------

Where's his art? I must have missed it somewhere...

He's always been a guy with a name as far as I was concerned, but just one I knew nothing about... I'd also like to see / understand what the Samurai is exactly...

Both Fuhatsu and the Samurai are both shown rocking giant gatling guns. The samurai's is mounted to his armor and Fuhatsu is shown just firing away Rambo style with his loyal servants trying to hold him up by bracing themselves against his back do the recoil does not have him fall over.

@Fearlord: there are some pictures here:

There is a lot of stuff up on the internetz already.

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

I would love to see pictures of the Dawn Serpent, Doppelganger and Necro Punks :)

I second this (so much). Doppelganger art is a top Malifaux concern for me at this point.

Fuhatsu, so is this guy basically Sloth from the Goonies?

---------- Post added at 07:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 AM ----------

The Steam Trunk looks different than I thought it would be totally okay with it. Much prefer it actually I was expecting an aracnid legs on a trunk. The fact its got tank treads is just awesome.

Here are the NB changes, just FYI (not including Jakob):

Lilith

Soulstone Cache 4

Greatsword Ml 7

Wicked Vines Ca 6M

Primordial Magic

Essence of Malifaux now lets it count as a scheme marker once per game rather than just at the end of the game. If counting as the scheme marker would cause it to be discarded, sacrifice the Essence of Malifaux.

Poltergeist

Cost 5

Defense 5

Wounds 5

Paranormal Activity counter causes WP 15 duels now.

Cherub

Cupid’s Arrow gained an auto-trigger that pushes the model 5” after damaging it.

Doppleganger

Blend In does not require a discard

Mimic has a trigger with a Tome that lets the Doppleganger immediately take the action it copied for free.

Mature Nephilim

Gained Flurry

Young Nephilim

Wounds 7

Scent of Blood renamed Thirst for Blood and grants Fast when a non-Construct is killed rather than just a Living model.

Waldgeist

Germinante forests are no longer Dense

Silurid

Attacks created by the Blood Frenzy trigger can now declare additional triggers.

Fears Given Form

Rare 2

Tyrant Echoes

Renamed to Stone of Tyrant Echoes

Living Blade

Cost 2

Summon the Blood

Enemy models take 2 damage rather than 1/3/4.

Obsidian Talons

Cost 1

Voices

There Is No Shelter Here only impacts enemy models now

Tarot Reading

Allows Zoraida to hire Swampfiend models regardless of faction

Rapid Growth

Grow and Mature do not require LOS to work – have to be within 12”

Feed the Brood lets you pass kills 2” instead of 1”

Here are the NB changes, just FYI (not including Jakob):

Lilith

Soulstone Cache 4

Greatsword Ml 7

Wicked Vines Ca 6M

Primordial Magic

Essence of Malifaux now lets it count as a scheme marker once per game rather than just at the end of the game. If counting as the scheme marker would cause it to be discarded, sacrifice the Essence of Malifaux.

Poltergeist

Cost 5

Defense 5

Wounds 5

Paranormal Activity counter causes WP 15 duels now.

Cherub

Cupid’s Arrow gained an auto-trigger that pushes the model 5” after damaging it.

Doppleganger

Blend In does not require a discard

Mimic has a trigger with a Tome that lets the Doppleganger immediately take the action it copied for free.

Mature Nephilim

Gained Flurry

Young Nephilim

Wounds 7

Scent of Blood renamed Thirst for Blood and grants Fast when a non-Construct is killed rather than just a Living model.

Waldgeist

Germinante forests are no longer Dense

Silurid

Attacks created by the Blood Frenzy trigger can now declare additional triggers.

Fears Given Form

Rare 2

Tyrant Echoes

Renamed to Stone of Tyrant Echoes

Living Blade

Cost 2

Summon the Blood

Enemy models take 2 damage rather than 1/3/4.

Obsidian Talons

Cost 1

Voices

There Is No Shelter Here only impacts enemy models now

Tarot Reading

Allows Zoraida to hire Swampfiend models regardless of faction

Rapid Growth

Grow and Mature do not require LOS to work – have to be within 12”

Feed the Brood lets you pass kills 2” instead of 1”

The silurid damage track also changed on moderate, I believe.

The silurid damage track also changed on moderate, I believe.

There was something else I noticed too while I was playing today... I just wish I could remember what it was. Might have been the Hem Ca value - I can't remember if it used to be 7 before or not. Whatever it used to be, Voodoo Dolls Hem on a 7 now.