M2E Marcus

dgraz

My absolute favourite at the moment is my newly bought Scorpius with Marcus, a rattlespine rattler, some canine remains and venomancy. Oh boy, that sounds like a lot of slow markers on the opposite site! Myranda also has poison and you can just drop the poison bomb and let the scorpius walk in right after! Only 6 SOulstones is GREAT for that lil bugger!

• 1 month later...
On 8/24/2017 at 11:45 AM, Mrbedlam said:

I feel like you are gonna wanna shift Myranda into a scorpius for this trick to work. A canny opponent is gonna wipe that thing off the board asap. There's no way if you see Venomancy Marcus on the table you are letting a Scorpius get anywhere near you. 

Might be you take both scorpius and Myranda, if scorpius gets taken out early you have back up, if not Myranda has plenty of other options

19 hours ago, Mrbedlam said:

I mean fair enough, he's only 6SS. Not a huge investment. HOnestly though I enjoy the 2 core Marcus lists I have so much, and they work so well, I can't imagine this list to be more effective. Fun maybe, sure. But competitive, maybe not. 

Can you share your lists?

My favorite alpha strike list is:                                                      My favorite scheme list is:

Marcus (Trail, Feral, Hunger)                                                         Marcus (Trail, Feral, Hunger)

Myranda (Imbued Energies)                                                          Myranda (Imbued Energies)

Jackalope                                                                                         Jackalope

Mole man                                                                                          Guild Hound x4 

Mole man                                                                                           Mech Rider

Rogue Necro (Pack Leader)                                                            Grootslang X2 (These are new but they are amazing)                        

Cerberus (Imbued)

Angelica (Practiced Production) 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Only beast with my Marcus. I have another ss but probably better change the rattler with myranda or a canine remains for another poison gamin.

Play the list vs burning ramos, lost 10-8.. killed 10 models but that Ramos summon something like 8 spiders.. keep hate the summoning crew

• 2 months later...

Any thoughts about the new beasts that were lowered in costs?  Anyone thinking of the Spawn Mother or other not-so-great models that could go with Marcus? Personally, I still think the Spawn Mother is still meh and won't see much play with Marcus.  We need to have access to have access to the Will O' Wisps to even think about bringing the Spawn Mother.  I think Marcus got a decent "faction" buff that helps a little. A soulstone here and there just means a few more in his pockets when the fighting breaks out. 

9 hours ago, KingCrow said:

Any thoughts about the new beasts that were lowered in costs?  Anyone thinking of the Spawn Mother or other not-so-great models that could go with Marcus? Personally, I still think the Spawn Mother is still meh and won't see much play with Marcus.  We need to have access to have access to the Will O' Wisps to even think about bringing the Spawn Mother.  I think Marcus got a decent "faction" buff that helps a little. A soulstone here and there just means a few more in his pockets when the fighting breaks out. 

I think Cojo at 6 points is really good. The mauler at 7 with circus bear is also a pretty good model for the price now. The hoarcats at 4 are a good value. If you have 2 cats, Cojo, and a mauler in your list you have an extra 5 points to spend now! That's a pretty good bump. It's almost like getting a free model for your Marcus crew now! 

17 hours ago, KingCrow said:

I found a fair use of the spawn mother in my stake a claim lists, the later addition of gupps was handy, but the increase to cg distance when the whole list leaps adds a lot of options. So she will still be there as a cheaper option. Also nice way to allow Marcus 30" movement if you abuse his charge for 1 ap ability ( and place your models carefully to allow him the legal charges)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cryion said:

Been away for quite a while.

Looking for opinions of good, tournament-oriented players on opinions which of the newer Beast models to get for Marcus--

Appreciated! :)

Well, Cojo is perhaps our newest guy to hit the scene (again) since his reduction to 6 SS.  He's pretty great for disrupting your enemies plans and holding spots. 

I personally always bring a Night Terror to act as a damage absorber for Marcus.  With their Hard to Kill and Incorporeal, they can absorb 6-10 damage and even more if they're healed.

I'm also a huge fan of the Rogue Necromancy as now we can give it armor to make it even more survivable. 

I'm currently kit bashing a few models to make 2-3 Hoarcat Prides looks like Rogue Necromancy pups as I liked them at 5 SS models and now hey are absolutely fantastic at 4 SS. 

Myranda is always an auto-include with Imbued Energies.

Waldgeists are still great for holding points with their Ml range of 4 when in base contact with terrain and Armor +2

I'm currently testing the SRM with its reduction to 7 SS... still kind of on the edge but can only tell with actual table time. 

I can't wait to try Ferdinand Vogel which turns in to the Beast Within, both of which have interactions with the Beast characteristic.

Also, always remember that you can turn ANY MODEL into a Beast with a Tome trigger on the Malifaux Raptor's Ml attack for the whole game.  I always bring one of them as they can tie up enemy models anywhere on the board start of turn 2 if needed.  I mainly use them to shut down snipers.  

These are the Beasts that I find myself taking almost every game and have used Marcus as my main master for a while so I hope this helps! :) I'm sure others have used other Beasts to great efficiency as well so I hope others are able to chime in!

• Like 1

I'd be interested to know if rougarou are worth their cost for Marcus. Neverborn have some silly efficient models for pounces which can't be replicated but they seem really interesting in a list with pack leader and maybe teaming up with a performer wouls be enough.

22 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

I'd be interested to know if rougarou are worth their cost for Marcus. Neverborn have some silly efficient models for pounces which can't be replicated but they seem really interesting in a list with pack leader and maybe teaming up with a performer wouls be enough.

Cojo has an unresistable push and the Slateridge Mauler has one with a 4 inch range on a Ml7 if you are bringing models with Pounce.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

The only thing you have to watch out for with Performers is that the opposing model fails the WP duel and then pushes. Pack leader wouldn't kick in after the push, only the pounces would. 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, KingCrow said:

The only thing you have to watch out for with Performers is that the opposing model fails the WP duel and then pushes. Pack leader wouldn't kick in after the push, only the pounces would. 

Thanks, I'm aware of that interaction but since you can choose your target freely no matter which enemy failed the duel it might be possible to lure something else to get more attacks against whatever is engaging your rougarou. A lure for two attacks against different models isn't too bad. Not as good as the autumn knight combo though. Not sure it would be worth dropping any of the 9ss arcanist beasties for a rougarou. They also offer plenty of wp duels for other beasts to take advantage of for pack leader.

2 hours ago, Ludvig said:

Thanks, I'm aware of that interaction but since you can choose your target freely no matter which enemy failed the duel it might be possible to lure something else to get more attacks against whatever is engaging your rougarou. A lure for two attacks against different models isn't too bad. Not as good as the autumn knight combo though. Not sure it would be worth dropping any of the 9ss arcanist beasties for a rougarou. They also offer plenty of wp duels for other beasts to take advantage of for pack leader.

I think if you're going for a wp/pack leader build, they are probably very useful, and I would try and fit them in probably in the place of one of my leapers. They can put out more wp duels than the rest of the list put together. Which is what I normally struggle with

I am testing a Rougarou and the Captain in a list at the moment. I quite like it. The push of the Captain was good before, but with the additional pounce, it gets really great. Bonus if you push the Rougarou in position before :)

But then, I was the odd one out to play the Captain before he was reduced in cost, so he makes almost eveny list I play at the moment :D

• Like 1

Just now, cryion said:

Thats a new model, i assume? ^^

Is it worth it bringing that guy other than for the armor?

Yes, its from the new book. 

It can discard cards to drop scheme markers or scrap markers as a (0). At the start of its turn it draws the top card from the discard pile and then discards a card. It can protect against Severe damage (useful in GG2018). 

I think its a good tool to have. I won't always field it, but it makes a number of lists for me at the moment. 

• Like 3