Did you all see this M2E Lady Justice Spoiler?

Final_Crucible

I like the new box. Artwork in Malifaux basically equals sculpt nowadays so I'm fairly confident this is what we're looking at. Lady J's hair is a little weird just because of the side that its on. Perhaps one of her upgrades is that it becomes animated and fights for her? Lol. Unless its supposed to represent her casting a spell or zipping around it'll just have to be removed and green stuffed/otherwise modded. But other than the hair I really like the ninja pose.

The Judge is my favorite part of the new box though, I always thought that his original model was one of the worst in the Malifaux line, so the addition of a new hat and pose strikes me as awesome.

The deathmarshal's look much scarier now, and as what are kinda sanctioned necromancers I approve of the new artwork. And if alternate heads are included that's great for everybody involved.

I'll be keeping an eye on that box.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both Justice and the Judge are easy fixes if you do not like the sculpt.

Just need a knife and a little green stuff and patients. Otherwise I see some nice potential in this crew.

Though I do agree the DM's look suspect.

Well....I suppose McMourning is going to be a guild master now...

My first thought upon seeing this new art was shock and awe.

Then I saw the death Marshal on the right next to lady j and all I could here was

"Hello my baby, Hello my honey!"

I swear he is dancing and throwing up some jazz hands.

It takes a death marshal's balls to sing show-tunes in Malifaux.

on a side note, I do really like this art. I can't wait to see everyone else!

Relatively sure, that it's the Judge, yeah. It's the LJ box, and according to Mack (or Justin?) she and the Judge have a lot of synergy now. A lot of the boxes are looking like Master, Henchman, 3 Minions, Totem. Though I wouldn't be surprised to see some changes in starter composition beyond the addition of totems, I think for folks whose box already fits that form (Sonnia, Nicodem, Seamus, etc.) we're just going to see new scultps + totem in the box with no other changes.

Of the book 1 starters, Perdita, McMourning, Ramos, Marcus, Pandora, Viks and Leveticus don't really fit that mold. Pandora and Ramos are just slight variations, so probably could be fine. If you treat the hollow waif as his totem, Ramos just has an extra abomination, so fits the mold.

McMourning, Marcus and Viks seem to be the ones where there's more potential for the composition to change.

A lot of the boxes are looking like Master, Henchman, 3 Minions, Totem. Though I wouldn't be surprised to see some changes in starter composition beyond the addition of totems, I think for folks whose box already fits that form (Sonnia, Nicodem, Seamus, etc.) we're just going to see new scultps + totem in the box with no other changes.

Some of the other boxes are Master, Enforcer, 3 Minions, (Totem). I would guess most boxes end up being: Master + Henchman/Enforcer + 3 Minions + Peon/Totem.

For instance Raspy's Ice Golem is an Enforcer and the totem is supposed to get added. Molly has her enforcer Rogue Necromancy. Zoraida's Swamp Thing is likely an enforcer. Ramos' Steamborg is probably an enforcer.

Of course they might not make everything fit those two(one?) formats:

Marcus's current box might stay as is (+ totem) and end up being: Master, Henchmen (Myranda, guessing), and 2 Enforcers (Razorspine and Sabertooth), plus Jackalope (Totem/"Enforcer" ;).

Some of the other boxes are Master, Enforcer, 3 Minions, (Totem). I would guess most boxes end up being: Master + Henchman/Enforcer + 3 Minions + Peon/Totem.

For instance Raspy's Ice Golem is an Enforcer and the totem is supposed to get added. Molly has her enforcer Rogue Necromancy. Zoraida's Swamp Thing is likely an enforcer. Ramos' Steamborg is probably an enforcer.

Marcus's current box might stay as is (+ totem) and end up being: Master, Henchmen (Myranda, guessing), and 2 Enforcers (Razorspine and Sabertooth), plus Jackalope (Totem/"Enforcer" ;).

I agree totally with the Henchman/Enforcer dynamic. I would, however, put money on boxes like Marcus getting a substantial makeover. I think we'll also see more rats and gremlins in Hamelin and Somer respectively, given what the devs have said re: plastic sprues allowing for more small models, same goes for spiders for Ramos. I wouldn't be surprised by a Perdy + Fransico (Hench) + 3 Latigo gunslingers + totem box, especially since we know that companion has been completely reworked. Ophelia, similarly may see some big changes, especially since she doesn't mimic Perdy so much any more.

Tricky ones seem to be Marcus, Lilith (smaller Nekima & twins instead of 2/3 of a grow crew, maybe?), maybe Lucius (though, Guard Captain, Drill Sergeant, 3 guards wouldn't be terrible...though I'd love to see the (hopefully substantially reworked) lawyer instead of the captain, and a unique totem), Collodi's a little up in the air, though 4 Marionettes (totem) 2-3 dolls, and Weaver Widow or Teddy would be cool, McMorning puzzles me. That's about it. The rest seem pretty straightforward.

I think Viks and Marcus could easily be fit to the 'format'.

Marcus, 3 molemen, myranda and jackalope

Viks, Taelor, 3 Ronin, Student

I don't really care either way. I'm sure there'll be an effort to make the starters function as relatively good starters.

From eric's twitter :

Just because the sky has fallen, and I need to put it back up...Flaming heads might just be optional, and represent an active upgrade #maybe

Which goes against what we'd been hearing about upgrades not being wysiwyg

Pleasing if true though and options for model builds is always welcomed

[quote=thebarbalag;547596

Tricky ones seem to be Marcus, Lilith (smaller Nekima & twins instead of 2/3 of a grow crew, maybe?), maybe Lucius (though, Guard Captain, Drill Sergeant, 3 guards wouldn't be terrible...though I'd love to see the (hopefully substantially reworked) lawyer instead of the captain, and a unique totem), Collodi's a little up in the air, though 4 Marionettes (totem) 2-3 dolls, and Weaver Widow or Teddy would be cool, McMorning puzzles me. That's about it. The rest seem pretty straightforward.

If WYSIWYG isn't part of the *rules* then you're free to use flaming heads, or regular heads, as you see fit, and to choose (or not) the upgrade.

From what we've been hearing, WYSIWYG isn't built into the rules, but theres nothing stopping people customising the models as they see fit. I have a feeling "upgrades as optional physical pieces" will be an exception rather than the rule.

---------- Post added at 01:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 PM ----------

With Lucius and Mcmourning I wonder if their new dual faction status would also be *out-of-the-box* .. so only things that fit both with their roles in a Guild list and a Neverborn / Resurrectionist list respectively.

My prediction:

McMourning, Chihuahua, Flesh Construct, Nurse, 2 new figures of some sort of Morgue attendant. Therefore fully Dual Faction compliant (except the Construct... but he just waits til nobody is looking to summon that...)

Its funny, the flaming heads are something I would really respect as a mod done by a player/ painter... but as the base sculpt, just doesn't appeal to me.

I think it just rubs me the wrong way because it seems against the nature of the gameworld as I have experienced it through the fluff. The idea of outwardly obvious magic use by the Guild just seems wrong.

I mean, even Sonnia is treated with a high level of mis-trust, and she looks as human as can be.

If they had fluff that addressed the looks, and how the guild/ rabble of the world react to it, well, it would work for me a whole lot more.

So, basically, as sculpts they're pretty cool, they just dont fit the flavour of the world to me.

I think Viks and Marcus could easily be fit to the 'format'.

Marcus, 3 molemen, myranda and jackalope

Viks, Taelor, 3 Ronin, Student

I don't really care either way. I'm sure there'll be an effort to make the starters function as relatively good starters.

That Marcus box set would be terrible. Even if molemen become fast enough to be tough objective grabbers, being given Myranda with nothing to transform into just doesn't work. I for one would hope that Myranda would not be included in the box set. She does much better as a later purchase once you own a few beasts. I think jackalope, 3 molemen, and the cerberus would be a great box set. If she does stay, I would hope that the box stay exactly as is. The Cerberus and Razorspine work well as transformations for her.

Has it been confirmed that Book 1 of M2E will contain everything from Book 1 Classic? I wouldn't be surprised to see Marcus delayed until Book 2. In Classic he was never going to be a great master in book 1. He needed the other books of models to support him. M2E may well see the same thing happen.

It would be a pain if they started to add in new models that could only be purchased in the starter box - I have all the other models for Lucius and it would be annoying to have to buy them all again to just get his totem.

With the new cross faction masters (McM etc) you've got to think that some minions are going cross faction with them as well...