Optional complexity, or imaginary complexity

ooshawn

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It sounds like the people who did the writing for the first 4 books (Keltheos and NerdElemental)

The people who brought the game this far and built up the trust are no longer driving the boat.

*cough* forgetting someone?

Edit:

Just to make things a bit more clear

post-13-13911929236495_thumb.jpg

I realize that might not actually make things clearer, but once I thought of it, it needed to happen

post-13-13911929236234_thumb.gif

post-13-13911929236352_thumb.jpg

Edited by EricJ

No Miss Tea, that will bring up way too many Pokemon references!

As to be more on-topic: I don't think preferences for roleplaying games are any good reference for Malifaux, v1 or v2. I dislike D&D 3.5, and 4 even more, but love Malifaux and am pretty exited about 2.0!

As to be more on-topic: I don't think preferences for roleplaying games are any good reference for Malifaux, v1 or v2. I dislike D&D 3.5, and 4 even more, but love Malifaux and am pretty exited about 2.0!

This.

i have never had a good experience with any version of D&D, but i love Malifaux, and the more i read and learn about 2nd edition, the more excited i get. Sure there is a lot of fear of the unknown, but i'm staying positive. everything else Wyrd has done has been handled well(ie, Dreamer and Hamlin erratta, book 4 which upset a lot of people initially, puppet wars unstitched etc), why should we suddenly lose faith in them now? :D

Edit:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13184[/ATTACH] = [ATTACH=CONFIG]13185[/ATTACH] + [ATTACH=CONFIG]13186[/ATTACH]

I realize that might not actually make things clearer, but once I thought of it, it needed to happen

...we're letting a baby drive the boat?

I never played D&D and was wondering when this became a D&D forums....

Personally I know lots if people fear change and even those people who say Malifaux needed change will be the ones who scream later because generally people fear change. We are creatures of habit after all. The best thing to do us stop speculating, STOP comparing WYRD to GW for gods sake, and wait and see what's up their sleeves.

...we're letting a baby drive the boat?

Ah, so you're working with the D&D Next design team?

Sorry, was too easy, couldn't resist...

---------- Post added at 01:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 PM ----------

I never played D&D and was wondering when this became a D&D forums....

Well, if anything, it generally starts with someone inexplicably saying something derogatory about one edition, which can remain topical because D&D is a series with a number of editions, and those changes have caused rifts in the community, and inspires oddly fervent, passionate Big Blocks of Text from me.

I mean people.

Who are generally me.

Edit:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13184[/ATTACH] = [ATTACH=CONFIG]13185[/ATTACH] + [ATTACH=CONFIG]13186[/ATTACH]

All I have to say is, Where is T-Pain?

I suppose I can wait till the end of the month and see how things look. I'm all for balance myself as long as the flavor of the game doesn't completely change.

I hope you and others who get involved in the Open Beta do more than just wait to see how things look on May 31st. The way the models look on May 31st more than likely isn’t what will go to final print. Tweaks can still be made and that’s one of the reasons why the Malifaux general public is being asked to get involved.

The Alpha and Beta testers have worked very hard thus far but bringing in more players to test can only make the product stronger upon its release. We have to give Wyrd kudos for recognizing that this new edition is more arduous than just releasing a new expansion book every year.

Even with the most recent expansion books being play tested by larger Beta groups we all have seen certain combos or wonky interactions that come to light months after the release. This is because of the sheer amount of people playing the game for months after the release to finally see some of these things rear their ugly heads. With the addition of the Open Beta I believe that we will be able to achieve a solid 2.0 edition. Almost everyone will be involved in its success in some form.

Take a breath and get excited!! Embrace the opportunity in assisting Malifaux enter a new beginning.

Edit:

I really wish my thank you button would stop disappearing... thats gold!

Just seeing things definitely isn't enough. You have to actually play them. I still remember looking at some book 1 models and thinking 'what could that possibly be useful for?' Until I actually got it on the table and realized that I wished I had been using it all along.

I could have asked the same thing, but we're being civil, right? *grin*

Tons of info on the various podcasts too. Through the Breach, Tartan Skirmish Radio, and Malifools already posted theirs. More to come. :)