Malifools M2E question thread

Are the dual faction Ten Thunders Masters(Jacob, Yan, Mei, McCabe) likely to be released in Phase 1 or 2 of M2E?

Well, SOME of those will need to be in book 1. They claim every faction gets 3 primary masters in book 1, and Misaki is the only 10T master who ISNT dual faction with someone else. So either two of those 4 will be in, they get 2 brand new ones (which I think they would have mentioned but maybe not), or 10T won't be in Book 1 at all, which I really doubt.

The new Gremlin is dual faction with 10T apparently, but even if he counts as one of the 3 (which I don't think he does) they'd still need one more.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, SOME of those will need to be in book 1. They claim every faction gets 3 primary masters in book 1, and Misaki is the only 10T master who ISNT dual faction with someone else. So either two of those 4 will be in, they get 2 brand new ones (which I think they would have mentioned but maybe not), or 10T won't be in Book 1 at all, which I really doubt.

The new Gremlin is dual faction with 10T apparently, but even if he counts as one of the 3 (which I don't think he does) they'd still need one more.

Depending on whether or not the concept of dual factions gets tweaked, a couple of the factions in the book are going to go over 3.

Guild (4): Lady Justice, Perdita Ortega, Sonnia Criid, Dr. Douglas McMourning

Resurrectionists (3): Nicodem, Seamus, Dr. Douglas McMourning

Arcanist (3): Marcus, Ramos, Rasputina

Neverborn (3): Pandora, Lilith, Zoraida

Ten Thunders (3): Misaki, Unknown, Unknown. Assuming those two unknowns retain their duality, it will push a faction to 4, or the Guild to 5.

Gremlins (3): Som'er Teeth Jones, Zoraida, Ophelia LeCroix (assumed). Ophelia is assumed to be one of the Gremlin masters debuting in 2.0, but since she's book 2, it might be a new Gremlin entirely.

Outcasts (hey ya) (3): Leveticus, The Viktorias, Hamelin (assumed). Hamelin's in the same boat as Ophelia. It could be Tara, which will push the Resser count to 4.

I'm not 100% on this, but I think the 3rd Gremlin Master in v2 will be Ophelia. They'll still need 3 totally new ones in later books to get up to 7, though. (Somer, Ophelia, Brewmaster, Zoraida, ???, ???, ???)

No.

---------- Post added at 09:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 AM ----------

No. But they like them a lot. However, Creedence and Steve Earle are far preferred by Gremlins.

On the other hand, The Humph Family is preferred to Two Cow Garage or Trampled By Turtles.

They don't like Slobberbone, because they are Gremlins and therefore have no taste.

They've never heard of Graveyard Train.

man... I love Trampled by Turtles...

...Stupid gremlins.

i guess since i'm posting on the forum i need to keep it "on topic" so i'll ask a question

There have been whispers that wyrd are trying to keep things in the starter boxes and away from haveing 1000 individual sprues as well, and with the switch to plastics we've seen the 10 thunder masters all came with their totems (which i loved btw)

So is there going to be multiple totems in certain boxes? I.e. Colette's doves, Dreamer's daydreams, Som'er's skeeters, etc. I don't play the other two, but i am curious if Colette will have 3 doves, or only 1 in the box, and then, IF that's the case, can i assume that the other two will be available separately? I love the current showgirl sculpts.. but let's be honest... i'm going to buy the plastics.

Or, are Totems going to go back to being left out of the box, and available outside the starter?

Also. what ya drinkin, bro?

Depending on whether or not the concept of dual factions gets tweaked, a couple of the factions in the book are going to go over 3.

Guild (4): Lady Justice, Perdita Ortega, Sonnia Criid, Dr. Douglas McMourning

Resurrectionists (3): Nicodem, Seamus, Dr. Douglas McMourning

Arcanist (3): Marcus, Ramos, Rasputina

Neverborn (3): Pandora, Lilith, Zoraida

Ten Thunders (3): Misaki, Unknown, Unknown. Assuming those two unknowns retain their duality, it will push a faction to 4, or the Guild to 5.

Gremlins (3): Som'er Teeth Jones, Zoraida, Ophelia LeCroix (assumed). Ophelia is assumed to be one of the Gremlin masters debuting in 2.0, but since she's book 2, it might be a new Gremlin entirely.

Outcasts (hey ya) (3): Leveticus, The Viktorias, Hamelin (assumed). Hamelin's in the same boat as Ophelia. It could be Tara, which will push the Resser count to 4.

There's a confirmed new Gremlin (the Brewmaster). I think when they say 3 per faction in book 1 they aren't counting dualies in that number. So McM is one of the 3 Ressers, the fact that he's also Guild doesn't take one away from Guild. Hamelin was originally a book 2 master, so I imagine he won't be in the new Book 1, and it will be Levi, Viks, and Tara. Tara is also a Resser but that won't affect the Resser lineup being Mico, Seamus, and McMourning.

Will we still have fraction and master specific Schemes?

Not likely. From the podcasts it seems that the Schemes come out of a spread and you pick your schemes from the 5 flipped. Meaning one list and both you and your opponent are limited to what is flipped. That said things like Power Ritual might become general schemes rather than Faction

Not likely. From the podcasts it seems that the Schemes come out of a spread and you pick your schemes from the 5 flipped. Meaning one list and both you and your opponent are limited to what is flipped. That said things like Power Ritual might become general schemes rather than Faction

It's also possible that one of the flipped options is "Your master's specific scheme" or "Your faction scheme". So you can only take it if its flipped but each player gets their own when it is.

Just reading off dakka dakka where there was an interview and it suggests 50ss games are recommended and points adjustments are going mostly up.

Not sounding great those two bits

Why not?

With upgrades and cost of models going up, the size of games 'model-wise' shouldn't change.

Yeah, that spooked me a little at first. "Bigger" games seems like it'll be less skirmish at first. But it'll be the same thing. We'll just be paying more for models. They mentioned a lot of 4ss models going up to balance out low cost dudes. So it'll still be the same "35ss" game just with a bigger name.

Are dual faction masters going to have faction specific upgrades available? You'd think if McMourning is running with a guild crew, he wouldn't bust out the flesh construct mid fight, it would raise all kinds of awkward questions... Plus it would give more design space, which is always nice.

So there will be 7 factions, but we only have 4 card suits. How are they gonna decide on the suit mechanic?

I suspect the other three will be represented by varying suits. For example 10T, save for Misaki each Master is represented by a Suit associated with their Dual Faction. Outcasts tend to be Dual Focus, associated with at least two suits. I suspect the Gremlins will be very light on association with suits, almost a blank approach *though they will have plenty of triggers using this suit or that suit*.

With regards to the upgrade system:

If masters can attach up to 3 upgrades, how many upgrades will they be allowed to choose from by the time M2e goes into full effect? And as they, thus far, sound specific to each master, will there be a general upgrade pool (like in the campaign document) that all models (henchmen, enforcers, & minions too) will be choosing from, or will upgrades always be specific options for each model? And how will Wyrd distribute upgrades, as part of each faction deck or a separate upgrade deck? Or BOTH?!

Hope that came out clear

People must have guessed by now that the Gremlin colour will be PINK just like the pigs they love so much!

Why not indigo for the full rainbow?

And now my questions: is it acceptable for a dual faction master to play against him/herself? Lets say the players declare guild vs ressers, can they both field McM? I don't know much of the new rule for dual faction, and so far I've never seen this issue.

Next, will the current masters and avatars be re-sculpted in plastic? What will happen to the current metal models then? Will they still be legal in official games?

Thanks