Guardian's corner

Guardian

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is some lovely painting. Is the running Guild Hound really that colour, or it just the photography? It looks almost yellow in the picture and considering the naturalistic colours of the standing one it seems like an odd choice.

Its slightly darker shade than the pic, but generally you are right, the color is a bit off. Shouldve gone a bit more creamy than yellow. :P

Wow, absolutely incredible!

How did you do the shoes and vest of the desperate mercenary? I am currently working on a Misaki in Yellow and Green and I am facing the problem of highlighting the yellow.

White undercoat -> yellow ink -> sepia(brown) ink and yellow mix for shading and play with that.

It was a repetitive task to get it looking good.

Im not 100% satisfied with it, it was more of an experiment. :)

ps. anybody noticed a student is in a dragon ball Z color scheme? :D

Just keep practicing!

And try to make colored nmm, its much easier for begining!

Good luck!

Yeah. I would like to practice but I don't have the time to paint paint. Only dunk the models in some sloppy bits of paint. Too many to paint and too little time.

If I had the time, I would do a $$$$$$$$ ton of blending. But there is a major difference between 12-16 hours on a model and 3-4. lol

I guess I will have to practice sometime... ^^

• 1 month later...

Those wasterals are awsome. Lobe the idea and how they hot together side by side :)

As for your nmm i hope to get that good at it. So far ive only done a couple of miniatures but its a technique i really enjot despite being so time consuming. I just need more practice.

Thanks again for sharing. Look forward to seeing the wasterals painted :)

Hmm, seems I've not been in here before, which is clearly a mistake as you've got some gorgeous stuff in here! The painting is great, and the wastrel bases are very clever and really atmospheric.

The only thing I would say, and this is a personal preference, is that I would push the shadows darker on the NMM. That's just me though, and you've got the understanding of light that is always the major point of good NMM so feel free to ignore me!

How'd you pull that off? It looks awesome!

Hmm, seems I've not been in here before, which is clearly a mistake as you've got some gorgeous stuff in here! The painting is great, and the wastrel bases are very clever and really atmospheric.

The only thing I would say, and this is a personal preference, is that I would push the shadows darker on the NMM. That's just me though, and you've got the understanding of light that is always the major point of good NMM so feel free to ignore me!

Thnx Mako, thats alot comming from you! :)

I agree with the shadows, but you know how it is... Im always scared of messing up the whole thing!

So, each time I get a bit braver :P

Baby steps :)

Oh, I know that feeling well! And NMM is one of the trickier things to learn so just pushing yourself a little each time is a very sensible way to tackle it (smarter than the way I did it anyway...).

I usually aim for pure black in the very last shadow, and pure white as the very tiniest point highlights on NMM, but it does take a lot of very thin glazes and slow, careful fiddling, and there is always that risk of a mistake so only push it until you're happy with how it looks and how difficult its getting.

Finally, I got the relic hunters boxed set :)

I had an awesome idea for my wasterels!

Think: Gangs of New York... I imagined these guys lurking in some dark wet alley.

This is the WIP of them:

2013-01-21221927_zps152342e2.jpg

2013-01-21220609_zps6f99914a.jpg

2013-01-21220603_zps205cf1dc.jpg

2013-01-21220556_zpse917de56.jpg

Cheers!

Very cool concept!

The only thing I liked about that movie was the badguy...

Are you going to draw an anti-guild graffiti on that wall behind them?

Btw... now saying that, I see someone somewhere is going to paint/convert them to look like droogs from Clockwork Orange.

Edited by Linus Mcmold
droogs