Do we know what the McCabe box will contain?

Kalkris

15ss, Wastrels are 4 apiece and Luna is 3, so 15ss. I did the same thing at first though till I took a second look at Luna.

Not sure that that seems like it is worth it, even considering the amount of models. But then, the Dreamer/LCB came with about 19SS of models (and still it needs more than that to function properly, for certain). Sidir isn't too much to ask if most (if not all) formulas for a good starter box is a few little guys, a big guy, and as of the shift in stuff, the totem (which may or not double as the big guy - which obviously Luna does not)? Bad Dreams got its 2 Stitched Togethers, and Coppelius, even when it got its 2 master models, so why can't McCabe get *his* big guy?

That said, I assume it is because Guild didn't get much in the way of models in book 4... Even though that obviously wasn't the focus anyway. :-P In that way, McCabe fans would need to get a bit more to get Sidir, as Lynch fans needed to purchase Graves and Tannen both individually.

~Lil Kalki

Keep in mind the artifacts and cache as well.

You could play him on a 25ss game with that layout and be able to buy the cheapest artifacts and still have a pool of 8, or some of the more expensive ones while keeping up a reasonable number of stones.

Agreed that it'd be nice to have Sidir, and it's noteworthy that despite having a ton of Book 4 (almost all of it? All of it) listed on The War Store, Sidir himself doesn't have an entry for release (of course it could just be an April or later release, though considering the Warden wait I'll admit I'm kinda hoping Guild players don't have to wait until the end of the release cycle for everything this time), it could end up being an expensive box and packing both McCabe and his bodyguard.

Guess we'll find out at the end of January (barring delays, of course).

Some food for thought on the SS of the minions and what not in some other boxes;

Lady J = 19ss

Perdita = 25ss

Sonnia = 20ss

Hoffman = 16ss

Lucius = 26ss

Ramos = 28ss

Raputina = 21ss

Marcus = 22ss

Colette = 21ss

Kaeris = 24ss

McMourning = 22ss

Nico = 22ss

Seamus = 18ss

Kirai = 19ss

Molly = 22ss

Lilith = 22ss

Pandora = 23ss

Zoraida = 25ss

Dreamer = 19ss

Collodi = 17ss

Viks = 24ss

Levi = 20ss

Somer = 16ss

Ophelia = 22ss

Von Shill = 26ss

Misaki = 29ss

Lynch = 18ss

Mei Feng = 25ss

So while the 15ss if he just has the Wastrels and Luna are lower then the lowest, Hoffman and somer would only beat them out by 1 stone, collodi by 2, and Seamus and Lynch by 3.

Honestly, having worked with Graves and Tannen, I think they did it because of the sprue. Yes, McCabe is going to take up a lot of room, but Sidir, for all his 40mm manliness, doesn't seem to be all that large.

True - From the Art, I'd imagined him reasonably large (for a human), but he doesn't really seem to be all that different in size to the Wastrels...