Anyone Use the New Clear Bases.. Show Them Off!!!

MDL1113

I got some in my Gencon order and i'm really happy with them

Didn;t have chance to grab more than a quick snap with the phone so i apologize for the awful photo but it does get the effect across nicely

transparencies.jpg

Models are only assembled and attached to inserts at this point, that's my one and only annoyance with the product, have to leave the bases off until i'm done painting to avoid possible paint marks on them

I got some in my Gencon order and i'm really happy with them

Didn;t have chance to grab more than a quick snap with the phone so i apologize for the awful photo but it does get the effect across nicely

transparencies.jpg

What are the base inserts on the yamaziko and the archer?

Models are only assembled and attached to inserts at this point, that's my one and only annoyance with the product, have to leave the bases off until i'm done painting to avoid possible paint marks on them

What are the base inserts on the yamaziko and the archer?

The best I've seen are their use on the Rasputina crew.

BUT (and this is nothing against the examples shown here) I am just not seeing it. IMHO, they just look like cheap plastic and actually detract from the models. I can see some cool uses with LED lighting effects, but other than that, MEH.

Overall, they just offend my aesthetic sensibilities.

Cadilon I agree with you but I also think when used right they can look really really nice...

For me,,, Ramos is my main crew when I am playing for fun and not in competition. In my Ramos Crew I have a few of the master.. This you can see in my Just Off The Table Thread.. http://www.wyrd-games.net/showthread.php?36147-Just-Off-My-Table-Model-Update-Take-A-Look!!!

I Use this Clear base Ramos just to show off what is possible and what people can do to personalize models...

It is just a fun peace to have in a crew is really my point...

But I do agree when done wrong a clear base can look worse then a black one.