Most amazing Model concept or sculpt?

Mako

I've been wondering about this for a few days, and haven't entirely made my mind up yet, so I thought I'd see what others thought. What is the best model in the Malifaux universe in your eyes? Either the sculpt itself, or the concept (even if you feel its let down by the sculpt), or the fluff, or a mix of them.

I personally really like Leveticus' character, but the sculpt doesnt quite catch his essence in my eyes. Ramos on the other hand has a really striking model, but his fluff just isn't quite as interesting to me.

So if you had to pick one character out, who would it be? And what makes them stand out for you?

My Favorite Model is Pandora (the old one) and especially her Avatar. Her concept is great and it just fits her style perfectly... she made me play Malifaux after all...

But there is a second model with her high on top:

Bete Noir

The original model is just great and theres nothing like the face of your opponent when you drop a model of her power right in the middle of his crew !

Death Marshals are the first and most obvious answer that comes to my mind. I got seriously interested in Malifaux after seeing some pics of these models. I love their fluff - half undead deputies using coffins as weapons. When I first read that I was immediately taken. The miniatures themselves are fantastic too and the one that's jumping is probably my favorite of them all.

Seeing a lot of love for the death marshals, not surprising really as they are great models!

And a lot of different ones as fluff preferences, no shock there. Although when I was thinking about it all, I forgot Jack Daw - who probably has the eeriest backstory of the lot in my mind. Good call on that.

Although interestingly, so far, it seems that book 1 models, but later fluff,tend to be the picks...

Definitely Nekima for me. The concept art is really amazing, and she just looks like a mix of a satyr and succubus warrior-queen. I feel the concept of Nekima represents the Nephilim much better than Lilith does (at least physically).

While the model sculpt is not perfect, it does give the sense of what she should have been according to the lore. Gamewise, of course, that's a whole other story :Sad_Puppet2:, but i keep the hope that it will get back together in time.

Edited by Sybaris

I haven't read all of the fluff yet, part way through Book Three so far but I thing the scene that felt the most immersing to me was when Hoffman went to see Ramos at the mines, Johan, the Steamborg and the Miners make themselves formidable and then they have a chat. That scene required absolutely zero help making a mental image for me. Ramos has good presence about him in the fluff.

Model wise I'm not sure, Nicodem and Mortimer were my first choice but the Ronin also have a really great vibe about them.

I personally really like Leveticus' character, but the sculpt doesn't quite catch his essence in my eyes. Ramos on the other hand has a really striking model, but his fluff just isn't quite as interesting to me.

Totally agree. I'm still holding out for the Levi Alternate Sculpt. Some of his core minions could do with alts as well :)

The Dreamer and to a lesser extent, Teddy. I love the entire concept of this little boy who thinks he is just playing but is actually killing people. That this gigantic, nightmare creature is essentially HIS sidekick! Problem is, the model sucks. When I managed to hunt down a Nightmare LCB on eBay and got a couple of the Nightmare Teddies (which, the horribly evil concept of the Teddy makes me grin like a fool. The Teddy story in Book 3 is possibly my favourite fiction so far, followed closely by the Witchling in the same book).

When I was visiting my folks for Christmas last year, I was chatting with my dad and told him about. Also told him of my plans to paint the Dreamer blond and with a green blanket. His reply, "Must you defile your childhood?" "Yup! Corrupt the hell out of it! Evil Teddy bears too!" Just smiled and shook his head.