Carrying case

BloodDragonCC

I have no direct experience, but several people locally use it for other games and are quite happy with it.

An alternative that several of my local players use (including myself) is a metal toolbox and magnetized model bases. As I don't travel by air, this is more than adequate for my needs. I currently have 2 large crews, and 2 small crews in my case with plenty of room to go.

I have a Feldherr Backpack. I've just removed my Gremlins to have room for other stuff, but it will eventually hold nearly everything for Guild (including Book 4), a decent sized Showgirl/Rail crew Arcanist collection, some Outcasts and all my bits and pieces (tokens, deck etc) with room for more reading material etc.

http://www.feldherr.net/uk/backpack/backpacks/feldherr-backpack-tanks-large-models-and-80-infantry-half-size.html

I really like the P.A.C.K. system because of the so many different options of bags you have while keeping a standard size for the foam trays. I started with P.A.C.K. 216, but quickly outgrew it and moved to a P.A.C.K. Go:

http://us.battlefoam.com/categories/Battle-Foam-P.A.C.K.-System-Bags/P.A.C.K.-Go/

What I like about it is that it is a strong case, which fits 9" of foam, that also has pockets for books and accessories, has a decent price tag and can be carried as a backpack if you wish.

The only thing I did was to replace the 3" tray that comes with the standard load for 2 x 1.5" trays. This way I have all Guild models released so far + all spirits/Kirai + half of the outcasts (Vikis, Von Schill, Levi) and I am still only using 2 and a half 1.5" tray, half of a 2" tray (avatars and riders) and I still have 1 tray of 1.5" untouched.

That metal tool box does work quite well especially since all of your model have very large elaborate homemade custom bases that wouldn't normally fit into the typical battle foam case. The tool box give you the height your SPA's need to fit. I'm still in awe of those bases by the way.

Why thank you.

Truth is, that is one of the big reasons I went away from foam. For as good as it is at protection, it is extremely limiting in what you can take. If you start making elaborate things, then you either have to fiddle with pluck foam or custom order a tray. And even then, it can still cause problems due to pressing on extended bits and bobs. So, I decided I didn't want anything pressing on my models, hence the toolbox and magnets.

I use Army Transport. They have multiple trays of varying depth and I can move anything from large Warjacks, to scale WW1 and WW2 aircraft, to Age of Sail ships. I don't need to move it all at the same time and the tray stack nicely on a shelf. I have two bags so I can take what I need.

I have one of these for another game (the big case).

http://www.tablewar.com/

They are expensive, but I prefer magnets (I made my own trays rather than buying their unit trays - I did buy an extra diplay tray (the main base tray)). I might buy a half size case for Malifaux, as the big one is BIG (good for WM, but Malifaux is a lot smaller). A half case could easily carry several crews and books and looks nice too! When I ge home I will likely make display stlye trays for each crew I get.

I like the P.A.C.K. Go bag but I just noticed the malifaux breach bag it looks like it could be what I am after.

If you don't order from Battlefoam directly and find a good local supplier, post back. As Toonook stated, shipping to AUS is brutal and the local suppliers I have used in the past take months to fulfill an order. Cheers

I've seen other people's cases, even used one or two...but I would never buy anything other than a KR Multicase right now. They're durable (Yes, even the card ones, I've had mine a year, it's been thrown, gotten wet, bashed, crushed....and still looks like new), the foam is excellent (and has a multitude of options...including custom stuff). And if you order the aluminium cases you can even lock them.

At the moment I have a card single case, an aluminium single case, and an aluminium double case.

Just remember it's probably better to order direct so you can customise the foam.

I started with a Pack 216 and loved it, moved to a 432 when my collection got too large. If you are looking at a 720 that means you have a large collection. When I moved to the 432 I ordered it with 2x2inch pluck foams and 2 customized inch trays with varying sized 1x1, 1x1.5 and 1x2. But if you get customized trays you have them cut with a .25 divider instead of a .5 inch divider. This gave me and about 15 extra models per 1 inch tray. The only small based model I have that doesn't fit in a 2x1 is Kaeris, so I cut the divided to get her to fit. MIght be a bit harder for crews like Kirai with her shikohms.

Assuming "case" refers to the full size cardboard box, it depends on the height of the tray. The way their system works, a 2 means that two of that tray will fit the height (except 5, which is about as high as two 3's). Look at the bottom of the page here http://www.krmulticase.com/resources/trayselector.aspx for details on the actual heights.

One "case" is their standard box size, be it cardboard or metal. The cardboard boxes are more flexible, i have a Kaiser 2 with 3 cardboard boxes and swap the boxes depending on what army i am using at the time. The trays that go into a case are variable, and entirely up to you. As long as the trays' height add up to about 100mm, that's fine. The website has a case creator tool to let you vary the trays and see if they fit.