The Rifle men!

Wicked Lance

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they look great on paper but I'll have to see how they play out the board. I don't think they are over powered and are more in line with the other 4ss guild models. Everyone is going on about the three shots but it is essentially an expensive rapid fire. Their 0 actions cannot but used with it so that kind of sucks and it also forces a qusai alpha strike. As Nix stated you would have to buy three because if you take two and one gets killed then your kinda boned. Also Lucius is still going to prefer to issue orders to an austringer. They ignores hard to wound trigger is nice but the lack of a crit strike kind of hurts. Over all I think they add some great utility to a Lucius crew but are far from OTT.

Edited by Twisted Metal

I agree wholeheartedly, Metal. In some situations the Riflemen are top-notch, but in others they will go down very quickly. (I would not want to take them against Belles running with a heavy hitter, for example. Lure, Lure, Lure, crunch.) There are many great abilities, balanced by the need to pick and chose them. There are some good strengths (range, ignoring H2W) balanced by some weaknesses (no crit strike, squishiness.)

I think Lucius will love them. I don't have him yet, so these guys aren't my first priority. If I need range, I have plenty of options already. (the artwork for them is fantastic though, I'm not gonna lie.)

So if Lucius reactivates one, and they are all linked with companion, do they do the 9x shoot?

I'm looking at Lucius's card in Rising Power and I see an ability to give himself reactivate, but nothing about giving other models reactivate.

Also, no, that wouldn't work. If Perdita, her totem and 5 other Ortegas were in a companion chain, and you reactivated one of them, the other 6 wouldn't gain reactivate as well. Reactivate only works on that specific model.

I keep seeing people mention taking multiple riflemen to ensure they can keep companion activating.

If their in a group with Abuela and Family members, and she gives them Companion Family via shotgun wedding...then can't just one keep "simultaneously activating" with ortegas?

No, Combined Arms specifies that it must include at least one other Guild Riflemen in the simultaneous activation to be used.

Stand and fire must be active to use it, but is does come with an end time of either when you shoot or when you activate the model next, meaning you can activate it in one turn, and then it can be used the following turn before they activate.

So I imagine you'll see a lot of one turn move, move, Stand and fire. Wait until the end of the next turn before activating and then do combined arms.

They have a nice range of three specific uses which tie up well.

Standard shooting at Cb 8 is pretty good.

3 shoots at CB 5 is not a bad thing, even if you've having to companion at least two for it

or an out of sequence Cb5 shot when something charges one of your friends as well as yoour normal activation.

Has anyone seen confirmation as to how many will be in the box?

I don't want to start a conspiracy theory or anything, but it's worth asking, especially after the Warden question was raised for over a month before we found out by people getting their blisters in the mail.

At the price point I see them at, I'd assume it's another 3 pack, but then again, that argument was also put forth for the Warden as well, and here we are...

How many sculpts are there for the Stitched? I know there's at least 2. With 3 Riflemen it seems less likely, unless Ratty's wrong about there being only one box, but multiple boxes would get messy. You'd need an A B box, an A C box and a B C box to account for the different sculpt combinations. It'd just be simpler to have 1 box for all 3 or 3 individual boxes for 1 each.

Has anyone seen confirmation as to how many will be in the box?

I don't want to start a conspiracy theory or anything, but it's worth asking, especially after the Warden question was raised for over a month before we found out by people getting their blisters in the mail.

At the price point I see them at, I'd assume it's another 3 pack, but then again, that argument was also put forth for the Warden as well, and here we are...

Since they're Rare 3, only 1 or 3 to a Blister would make sense - at that price 1 would be fairly criminal, so 3 is pretty good guess. Also, as 4 ss model that positively encourages taking multiples, having different sculpts would be a good idea...

EDIT - Ninja'ed, by a lot. Like, the whole Ten Thunder's faction...

Edited by FearLord

seeing as they are also human sized models, and the other plastic box sets with 3 human sized models are a similar price.

The Warden is the same size as the Blessed, so it makes sense that it is also the same price.

We know that now, but at the time all we knew was that it was a ht2 model on a 40mm base. That can be said about a number of other figures, not to mention the number of 3 packs for ht2 models on 30mm bases that account for a sizable chunk of metal themselves, and are generally in the $12-20 price range.

I know I specifically asked about it in the July releases thread several times, and nobody answered until they started arriving in the mail.

So to be clear, I'm not arguing that it was unprecedented, just that I've learned to not make assumptions based on things like price point or model stats. For all we knew they weren't much bigger than a Witchling Stalker apiece and could've easily been a 2 pack.

Edited by Forar

How many sculpts are there for the Stitched? I know there's at least 2. With 3 Riflemen it seems less likely, unless Ratty's wrong about there being only one box, but multiple boxes would get messy. You'd need an A B box, an A C box and a B C box to account for the different sculpt combinations. It'd just be simpler to have 1 box for all 3 or 3 individual boxes for 1 each.

Definately agree but the fact remains that there is at least one example of an oversight when it came to a rare 3 model release (Leveticus and the Hollow Waifs could also be argued but that was a bit different).