Viruk's paintlog

Viruk

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Very nice stuff as usual! I really, really like the way you've painted the wood and those Wicked Dolls look simply stunning! I wasn't all that impressed with the models when I saw them as renders but your painting makes them really shine. Superb!

If I have one criticism, it would be Collodi's coat. I feel that you could push the highlights quite a bit. Now it seems that the highlights go mostly red but not very bright - maybe you were going for a sort of satin-style colour shift but you should really emphasize the lights and shadows more in that case.

But it is a really good-looking crew and I love how they look together. Very cohesive yet every model is an individual.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Nothing really fancy this time, just a Water Tower I got a while ago on ebay. It is actually the first terrain piece I painted using airbrush. It took about 10 minutes and I'm pleased with the effect. I'm also sure it would have taken much longer than that and required more work if I had painted it using brush...

water_tower.jpg

• Like 4

Thanks mate !

It's mostly a matter of right air pressure and proper paint consistency. Getting these two right can be frustratingly slow at the beginning but with patience you can get decent results. I still have a lot to learn and for now use airbrush for basecoating/first highlights...

• Like 1

Hey, just seeing the last few updates now, the Dreamer crew are the stand-outs for me. The orange against grey scheme is really eye catching and I particularly love how you've made the little freak holding The Dreamer's hand look like a miniaturised, cute version of Chompy.

Also love the hospital gown look on the Bloodwretches, really thematic. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...