Market for Santana

SantanaMan

I could see the opening bids starting at "$Texas" and going up from there.

LOL this really made my laugh. :D

I don't really play guild, and since I have the Nightmare Justice set, I pretty much already have more Death Marshalls than I could ever need. That said...I will ABSOLUTELY keep mine that I'll get at GenCon. It's a beautiful model, and I can't fathom getting rid of it, outside of a major financial issue like Nilus said.

Just an off thought after looking at the Miss Terrious figure again.

Being plastic it looks like it would be fairly easy to remove the coffin and make a proxy Santana, though you'd need to make a card using Ratty's or someone else's apps.

Who knows maybe we'll get lucky and she's a two piece model.

I'm curious....

Are there henchmen who are seriously considering getting 1 or more of the Santana model to sell them?

I guess if this is the case, each to thier own. I know that I really appreciate that a special model is being made available as a reward for my work on Wyrd's behalf.

Considering it's prolly some henchie that feels the need to be "anonymous" and create a new forum user...I guess so. :P

I'm doubtful that would work very well. How likely do you think people would be to give some random non-henchmen possibly hundreds of dollars in the hopes of getting the figure? If they want to be anonymous I suspect eBay would be the way to go, or man'ing/woman'ing up and just posting directly on the forums, where their reputation would at least provide some assurances that they're actually trustworthy.

Edit: I now see this is in reference to the OP. Either way, point stands, I imagine trying to sell one here 'anonymously' would be a lot harder (or at least, you wouldn't get nearly as much) as, say, an established (if otherwise unassociated) ebay account.

Anyway, if someone put the hours necessary in to earn multiple figures, I wouldn't fault them for whatever they might do with them. Ebay them, sell them on the forums, give them to friends, paint 'em up real purty and place them on a shelf, play with them every chance they got, whatever.

And now that I think about it, Wyrd has noted that some may well eventually hit public hands as prize support or whatever, so obviously they're not terribly worried about them getting out to non-henchmen.

Now, you could argue that at least a prize support they represent a rare and impressive item to draw people into the game/store/what have you, rather than simply an indicator of who has the most disposable income available, but some people just aren't all that sentimental, and I don't think it's right to try to shame them into feeling that way if they don't come by it naturally.

Edited by Forar

I'm curious....

Are there henchmen who are seriously considering getting 1 or more of the Santana model to sell them?

I guess if this is the case, each to thier own. I know that I really appreciate that a special model is being made available as a reward for my work on Wyrd's behalf.

I know that one of mine is going to be for my very own self :D I also have a very good friend who plays guild who is likely to get one of my other two. There's a Strumpet out there gunning for the third so I don't know that I'll have any left.

I'm curious as to which henchman made a second account (going against wyrds forum code of conduct) just to ask this question. I would watch this account because word on the street is that Henchmen are no longer allowed to trade / sell on these forums and im sure Lalo would be quite displeased about people going behind his back. Also anyone know what types of check and balances Wyrd has in place to prevent false reporting of events? With a model such as this having such a high estimated price tag I'm sure someone is looking to capitalize on it anyway they can.

Edited by Twisted Metal

+1 on the Alt Ortegas, but I'd rather see an alt crew from another faction first.

My humble proposal to make everyone happy: do a different sculpt of Santana for general release down the road a la the Eggsclusive Gremlins. Change the pose up, make it just her instead of a mini-scene of its own.

Henchman exclusive version stays special, the rest of us can get a version too, everyone wins?

• 2 weeks later...
So whatever happens, I want to see this...

Alternative Perdita Crew box FEATURING:

Perdita Ortega

Santana Ortega

Nina Ortega

Francisca Ortega

Mama Loca

You know you all want it.....

Think I'd rather it be a Perdito Ortega for the fully gender bender alternate lolz