Introduce Yourself

Justin

Hi

I'm a long GW product player.

I was thinking of going into some other games, and though about war machine and malifaux.

Some guys on my club already play Malifaux, but lets say "play" since I haven't seen them play a game in like 8 months, but I was interested in learning about this game

Hope I can get some good advice here

Thanks

Hello, my name is Joe. I'm from Denver, CO. I've been playing toy soldiers for a few years now, but started playing Malifaux last fall. I mainly play against my sister every weekend. I spend more time making terrain than I do painting miniatures, but I have a few crews nearly finished. I am focused on Arcanists, but picked up the C. Hoffman box in February and have really enjoyed how his crew plays.

If you live in the Front Range message me maybe we could get a game in sometime!

Hey guys. New to Malifaux. I tried to put together a 40k chaos army but its just too much. And space marines are boring to paint. After painting about a dozen models I switched to Malifaux.

Im just about done painting up a Yan Lo crew. Jakob Lynch is on the way.

My gf has a Lillith crew, we've played one game so far. I plan to get some more games in soon but I enjoy the hobby aspect for now.

I live near OBX, NC/ Norfolk, VA if anyone is looking for games.

Edited by infinitivity

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy folks. I'm fairly new to Malifaux, though I've been in the table top and wargaming hobby for about a decade now. I've played all the big-name wargames (40K, WHFB, Warmachine), as well as some defunct/lesser played/lesser known ones (Mechwarrior: Dark Age, Starwars Miniatures, Battletech). I'm currently running/building a Kirai Ankoku crew, which I've heard isn't exactly beginner friendly, but I'm willing to get slapped around for awhile while I'm learning so long as it's with a force I enjoy.

Hopefully I'll be talking to you all sometime soon.

Hi, just started Malifaux because of no dice and the excellent looking minis. I've started off with Lady J and an Exorcist because of her big.....sword.

I'm looking to learn the game with her then start a Colette crew once i'm more settled into the game.

See you all around.

Hi guys and girls

I'm a 29 year old guy from Denmark. Quite new to wargaming, been playing 40K since January and haven't had any experience beforehand with wargames. I got introduced to Malifaux almost 2 month back by a guy in my gaming club, I was sold instantly to this fantastic universe and the great looking miniatures Wyrd puts out. I quickly ordered the Rasputina crew box and a Rasputina alt. sculpt, but unfortunately I ended up waiting almost 5 weeks for my models because it turned out that they weren't in stock.

But I got them in the end! I have assembled and based the whole kit .. but still have to paint most of it (Rasputina alt. is done!). Played 3 games until now and it's so much fun! Haven't won yet though, but that will hopefully happen as I get to know the December crew :)

Hi everyone... I'm 38 and i'm french...

I'm a long time player of Warhammer and 40k (25 years)... But recently a friend made me discover Malifaux ... And I must admit that this is a real breath of fresh air for me ... I just bought the Masters of the Path box and it's happiness ... I suscribed here to share my impressions and my painting on the forum of this super game ...

*tap tap* Is this thing on?

Hello fellow newcomers and whoever else is reading this thread. You can call me Killjoke. I've been wargaming since 2007, initially very sporadically as I was lured into 40k but never really getting into it much. It did teach me to appreciate fluff vs must-win aspects of gaming however which has marked my attitude towards wargaming forever. Flames of War is my main game and I'm big on authenticity at the expense of writing lists that work well with the game. I'm also somewhat into Firestorm Armada though it isn't exactly setting my heart on fire with it's complete lack of personality and flavour.

Then came Malifaux. Browsing miniatures and reading the story material on the website nearly sold me on the game. This really is my kind of setting and art direction. Luckily the game itself does not seem to punish hobbyists like myself who want to put together fighting forces that make sense and are interesting in their own universe. After browsing pullmyfinger for two-three months I eventually decided that I'm going with Viktoria and her doppelganger for a first crew. I have this weird fascination with mercenaries and their hard to fathom life styles (at least in this century). People that are treading the grey areas of morality and risking their lives and sanity trying to rationalise their line of work just draw me in somehow and I think Viktoria is that kind of woman and she probably tend to spend most of her time around people in similar life situations.

Could Malifaux finally be the game where I can go all out with the authentic story feel and still have competative models on the table and actually win games every now and then? I'm bursting with excitement to find out.

Hello!

Im Spain and 33 and i felt in love with this game, I play since 1 year ago, with a bunch of friends in the arcanist faction.

The fluff, and the only poker-card instead of dices make me pay attention in the game, and later the miniatures did the rest.

Hi all

I've been playing the game for a few months now and am addicted.

I live in Cornwall and the local Henchman has just run a slow grow league getting loads of new players involved. So i thought is was about time i signed up to the forums.