The Union Strikes!!!

Nickienogger

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I think the riflemen bags and rifle stock needs to be a little darker to add a bit of contrast and a splash of bright colour on the bandanas wouldn't be a miss either.

I'd also give Sidir's sash some colour too.

I can see what your going for and its very well painted, but I think you should stand back about three feet from the table and ask yourself, do they grab the eye?

Thank you Pixelante! Those are very good points that I have considered whilst painting these. I have always not been that brave about using vibrant colours on places where I could.

Thought hard about Sidir's sash as a green or gold/both but I really want him like a grizzled look.

Mccabe and the Wastrels are rich boys, so i will be sure to use some brighter colours on their pashmina scarves and suits etc ;) that should do the eye grabbing for the crew as a whole. I'm a sucker for earth tone in general

What was the recipe for the coats for the riflemen? It looks awesome!

I put some Beastial Brown on the palette, then add bits of vomit brown and keep mixing to give that orangey look. I wanted to achieve the light leather cloak. It may be worth trying some bubonic brown in the mix if after vomit brown it doesnt look or feel right.

Water that down, and slap it on top of a white spray undercoat.

Sorry I couldnt give you a more specific recipe! I advise adding those colours one at a time and abit at a time. Hope you will be happy with yours!

And thank you all for the kind comments :)

Edited by Nickienogger

These minis are fantastic and your paintjob does them justice. I really like the desert/Indiana Jones feel to them

+1

I'm currently trying to come up with a convincing desert theme for my Guild crew especially the Death Marshals. So far, it all looks a bit 60's cowboy so I may just have to 'borrow' from some of your ideas! :Smug_Puppet1:

• 4 weeks later...