• 2 weeks later...

hehe, managed to spend a half an hour in the garage today (after coming from Barcelona and before going to Hvar (island in Adriatic sea - google it) tonight)...

mlfx-brd11.jpg

added some more static grass... by the time I get back, it'll dry and I will be able to add other vegetation (and then eventually resin)

and this is the haul I got in Barcelona:

haul.jpg

(the No Quarter magazines are for a mate... wouldn't touch them with a pole LOL)

• Like 4

finally home and finally some progress

some more work done on the table - putting some tufts, bushes and small trees... (only needs a sprey of clear matt acrylic sprey to further fix the static grass, and then it's pouring in the resin time)...

mlfx-brd12.jpg

some close-ups:

of the entrance to the mine:

mlfx-brd14.jpg

and of the pier on the lake/swamp (the white stuff there is PVA that is still wet, it'll dry transparent)..

mlfx-brd13.jpg

• Like 2

here's one: you heard (or in this case, read) it here first:

that table will be up for grabs a little later in the year. at FPM we are hoping around christmas... probably a quiz or something to determine the winner of the modular base...

and, yeah, I will be joining the gremlin player base. mine will be painted as humans. little rednecks. :D

• Like 1

some time ahead yet, mate   :)

anyway, new update on the board, second and third layers of resin have cured. now I added Extra Heavy Gel (Vallejo) to the stream/waterfalls/rapids... It's a white paste that dries clear but is great for creating ripples, waves, currents etc... it will dry clear so I'll need to paint the water foam white again, and then redo everything in gloss varnish (or Vallejo Still Water...) to add glossyness again...

mlfx-brd17.jpg

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

cheers mate :)

ok, finally got back to my board. painted the foam white. put some Vallejo Still Water over it and it looked shitty. because the stream is too short so the lake will need to have some ripples and waves. so I then painted some ripples on the waterfall white and while still wet, poured over the Vallejo Still Water resin so it flowed downstream and into the lake... making this "fog like" effect.

after it's dry, I'll make some more ripples and waves over the entire lake using Vallejo Extra Heavy Gel. it should then look ok... hopefully...

mlfx-brd18.jpg

mlfx-brd19.jpg

mlfx-brd20.jpg

mlfx-brd21.jpg

• Like 3

went to a modelling show this weekend and took my board with me (for demoing Malifaux, not as an entry in the competition - unfortunately they don't have gaming board category :( )

anyway, here are a couple of shots of the board in action...

agram05.jpg

look at the venue from the board's viewpoint...

Perdita vs Yan Lo

mlfx01.jpg

mlfx02.jpg

mlfx03.jpg

Yan Lo vs Seamus

mlfx04.jpg

mlfx05.jpg

mlfx06.jpg

and to top a great weekend off, I managed to snag a third place in one of the categories with my Wuppwecht and a gold with my Studnet of Viscera:

viscera.jpg

wuppwecht.jpg

• Like 3