Banned? (models, not me)

Dolomyte

I saw in one of the other threads a few people now have talked about their local area banning models from tournaments, or having gentlemens agreements not to use certain models.

I don't want to debate the merits of doing such a thing, I'm just curious how many people have actually done this.

I would love if the format of your post could be similar to..

"Gaming group is in southern new jersery and philadelphia. No models banned or restricted, no house rules"

Which is true for me. I'm just curious what people do.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In New York City we ban nothing - although occasionally we get players from outside the club who show up on game night with something heinous. They get there game in but its made clear that they should tone it down if they hope to get another.

House rules pretty much apply only for specific peices of terrain we have - things like no 'diving attack' through small windows on closed buildings, etc.

"Gaming group is in southern new jersery and philadelphia. No models banned or restricted, no house rules"

Hey, you guys are pretty close to the city! Consider yourselves officially invited to our tourney on Nov. 12 :D

http://wyrd-games.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24421

Like I said no Bans but every NB player I have meet either played or played against the Alp Bomb and decided it is not a fun or fair list and have chose not to play it.

Everyone knows the list, how to play it and how well it performs. Yet no one will play it becuase there is no sport and they don't want to be "that guy".

So yeah, there is an unspoken Gentlemens agreement.

(Of course this summer killed the local scene and I am waiting for fall to come for it to pick up again.)

Edited by Murphy'sLawyer

Northern VA (Ashburn/Herndon/Leesburg) nothing banned.

We have a player who does not take Lilitu/Nekima unless requested to do so for tournament prep.

As for house-rules, we have a fairly open agreement toward pre-measuring. If both players are good, no one really cares.

@GamerGaeth - is that Frederick MD? If so, I did not realize the group up there was growing again. PM me and let me know when you guys usually play, as we are just down the road.