Pictures of September Releases

jdomin2

Here are pics from frp:

Big spider- http://www.frpgames.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=76656

raptor- http://www.frpgames.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=75682

miner- http://www.frpgames.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=76657

Key takeaways-

50mm on big spider (i know its been confirmed at gencon)

and 30mm on raptors (hopefully they improved some stat on the card like night terrors, snow storm, etc)

Looks like Kaeris might be pushed back a month?

http://www.frpgames.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=76655

Can't wait to get the Spider and the Miner. I think the gunsmith comes out September as well which will be good.

Presumably the Gunsmith(s) will come out one month after the Kaeris box set, which according to this site is now going to be October... So that means a November release for the Male and female Gunsmiths...

I don't know that if Kaeris gets pushed back, that means Molly gets pushed back. Molly's box figures and painting seems to be done, granted there are marketing forces behind the scenes I'm not aware of, but I Kaeris gets pushed back they might just have a simultaneous release. They seemed to have slated October to be heavily Resser release heavy (gee I wonder why) and doubt that if there were issues with Kaeris that they would just scrap that.

I don't know that if Kaeris gets pushed back, that means Molly gets pushed back. Molly's box figures and painting seems to be done, granted there are marketing forces behind the scenes I'm not aware of, but I Kaeris gets pushed back they might just have a simultaneous release. They seemed to have slated October to be heavily Resser release heavy (gee I wonder why) and doubt that if there were issues with Kaeris that they would just scrap that.

Molly is still listed as an October release on that same site...

shame about kaeris, but a large spider on 50mm base? yes please. three scrap counters is worth it just on its own. and from what i hear about avatar ramos, he is going to be loving them

Might make summoning with Ramos a more viable option - if Ramos can walk twice a turn and still summon an electrical creation and a Steampunk aracnid, his mobility issues will be a lot less noticeable - 5 ss for 9 ss worth of summoned models (over 3 turns) isn't half bad - but what is the best model to kill the Large aracnid with on turn 1?

I actually think this is a really interesting question.

Is it worth spending 5ss to save Ramos 6 AP? I think it's a good deal. I've heard many people say (usually in a Resurrectionist context) that AP are more valuable than SS.

Opinions?

I think it will depend on your strategy and how you want to play Ramos. Most of the time I don't mind him just sitting on the back end of the table for 3 rounds anyways. But if I'm planning to go Avatar form, I think I would almost certainly do it this way. Start with the LSA, use Controlled Detonate to kill it, and summon a single Spider. Then Manifest on Turn 2 or 3, and immediately use the remaining 2 Scrap Counters to summon another LSA instead. You only end up losing 2 Wds in the process because of it. ;)

For all we know the LSPA could have an ability saying it only drops two counters when it's killed.. Would be reasonable as 2½SS/Scrap Counter is already the cheapest ones available (other than the Brass Arachnid).

If it doesn't then I'd certainly say that including one or two LSPAs from the beginning just to kill them off for the Scrap would be worth it. Especially if you're going for a turn 2-3 manifest (which I believe will be popular with Ramos). Hell.. I think it'd be worth to include one even if it was on a 40mm base or had an ability saying it only drops two counters.