Minions for Zoraida

CannonFodder

I started my Neverborn collection with Collodi and Dolls, now looking to diversify a little. I already have most mercs, gremlins and Arcanist non-beasts. I'd rather not go overboard with Neverborn. I'm curious what everyone else things is are good models for Zoraida. I was thinking of just picking up her and not her box set, not a huge fan of the swamp minions. I know she can take as many Spec Forces (dolls) so most of my Neverborn is feasible with her. I know I can play her with Collodi, but want to also play her with out him. he's effectively 16 points as a minion.

So far I'm looking at picking up the following

Zoraida

Voodoo doll

Doppelganger

Widow Weaver when she comes out

Teddy once widow weaver comes out.

Iggy when released (also usable in Kaeris)

Effigies if I can find more that one crew for them.

I was contemplating using my Ophelia crew models or the gunsmiths when they come out, but that blocks off my access to my wicked dolls because they are different Spec forces and apparently you can't even summon a wicked doll if you have another spec force in play. Rather not go Nephilim because they require buying all the models for proper use. Some nightmares are ok, but again don't want to buy a full dreamer list. Is there one or two models that go really well with Zoraida that I should get, or do I have it covered already.

I have found the following works well with Mrs Z

Doppelganger

Stitched Together

Stitched Together

Lelu

Lilitu

This would give you the full 8ss pool

Basic Tactic

Lure and Paralyise with female twin mimic Mrs z 10 WP and gamble your life with the Doppelganger

If you did want to use collodi with Mrs Z here is what I have used in the past

Collodi

Primordial Magic

4 * Marionette

2 *Stitched Together

2 *Wicked Doll

this gives you a 6ss pool

and don't forget Mrs Z can make wicked dolls as well

I have found the following works well with Mrs Z

Doppelganger

Stitched Together

Stitched Together

Lelu

Lilitu

This would give you the full 8ss pool

Basic Tactic

Lure and Paralyise with female twin mimic Mrs z 10 WP and gamble your life with the Doppelganger

Or drop lelu and take another lilutu and hex of the talent which causes the wounds for no lelu - twice the luring then ;)

and apparently you can't even summon a wicked doll if you have another spec force in play.

LIES!!!

Last I checked, the special forces rules only restrict what you can or cannot hire. Once the game begins, there is nothing stopping you from generating more models that might have opposing special forces rules. :smugpuppet1

Is there one or two models that go really well with Zoraida that I should get, or do I have it covered already.

I say this often, but just about Everything goes well with Zoraida. ;)

I've found that picking up Zoraida can be a dangerous thing. Of all the Masters in the game, she has the largest range of available minions available to her. Unless you stick with a single, limited list, you often wind up having dozens of models from multiple factions, all of them viable choices and all of them giving you a potential excuse to expand into the Master that minion was associated with in the first place. :smugpuppet1 Hell, at least half the crews I've picked up have been because their starter boxes contained models I wanted for my Zoraida crew. :rolleyes:

From what you've said, you could probably just pick up Zoraida and Voodoo doll, and you'll be able to then put together a viable crew with what you already have, regardless of whether you want to pair her with Collodi or not. Just start with a pair of Stitched (they're in-faction and they're very good with Z) and fill the rest of her SS out with the Mercs and LaCroix Gremlins you feel like using. Additional, non-doll Neverborn Models I would recomend for you are;

Insidious Madness - Has some great synergies with the Wp-heavy neverborn in general, but more importantly it gives Zoraida a way of targetting immune to influence models.

Terror Tots - Cheap, fast objective grabbers. Their purpose is either as expendible fodder to get in the way of things or a cheap minion to stay out of the way and claim strategies/schemes at opportune moments. Don't worry about not having a young to grow them into. It's a hard spell to cast anyway and you'll have better things to do with both the tot and the high mask you'll need to cast grow. At least one of these actually turn up in almost every Zoraida crew I build.

Lilitu and Lelu - They're very, very good. Actually, they're a little too good IMO. Lilitu's Lure/Double take is amazing, Lelu's combat abilities are the answer to alot of crews Zoraida would otherwise have trouble with and together, they're not that easy to kill.

Some people swear by the doppelganger but I'm honestly not a fan. She's definitely a good minion to have around but I guess I just prefer other minions. In any case, don't assume you need her to have a decent Zoraida crew. Speaking from experience, you really don't.

LIES!!!

Last I checked, the special forces rules only restrict what you can or cannot hire. Once the game begins, there is nothing stopping you from generating more models that might have opposing special forces rules. :smugpuppet1

TRUTHS!!!

A crews cannot contain models from more than one Special Forces group.

I quote from the holy gospel called the Rules Manual...

SpecForce.jpg

Gonna echo the "just about everything" sentiment. Just make sure it's coherent.

Zoraida offers some decent tactical flexibility. With book 2 and 3 range is easier to come by. Now we have Tuco, who even adds some :blast and Zoraida could make some serious use out of the Arcane Effigy as well. I plan on picking up all the effigies for my collodi and zoraida lists but so far I see the mysterious and arcane effigies being the most useful. Need to look at the others more carefully though.

Bad Juju has some great synergy with Z and serves as a beat-stick.

Sounds like one for the Marshal to me. It is very likely that Z will be able to hire all dolls but the Marshals are going to have to clear this wording up for us.

So post the question and everyone step back so we will still be friends.:happypuppet2

I don't think anyone is getting mad on this.. I'm not.

I asked this question and never got a marshal to respond, but other henchmen said not possible.

To be honest I would love it to legal, being able to use gremlins or gunsmiths with her dolls would make my day.

I can do something like this

Zorida (sumon voodoo doll)

3 x stitched

2x Gunsmith (7 each?)

and another small models like a bayou gremlin or 2 Desp Mercs.

I think I'll need a teddy earlier than the widow weavers just so I'm not paying too much extra for out of faction models.

it might actually be nice to have the Desp Merc do double shots with obey on the suicide turn.

Edited by CannonFodder

TRUTHS!!!

A crews cannot contain models from more than one Special Forces group.

I quote from the holy gospel called the Rules Manual...

SpecForce.jpg

While the above is all true it misses one vital point. The whole section that the above is from is prefaced at the top of page 71 by 'The following restrictions apply when hiring Crews.' So the restriction does not apply when summoning models in a game.

Ferb

The problem I see is that while the section this is from pertains to hiring crews, the sentence that shapes the decision makes no reference to hiring:

Sentence 1:

Up to two models with the Special Forces Characteristic may be hire per Master.

Sentence 2:

A Crew cannot contain models from more than one Special Forces group.

This makes no reference to hiring, just to containing. So if you summon a model that your crew cannot contain the action could be sucessful, but the model couldn't be placed in play or used at all.

Sentence 3:

Some models lift the two model hiring limit when included in a crew, but the limit of one special forces group remains.

Zoraida can hire any number of dolls, but not any number of dolls + 2 models from another special forces group

Edited by bbb

Some of the effigies sound good on paper, but are not that great if you concider what you have to give up to get one. With neverborn they are much better, but as totem replacement no so much.

Ramos wants his mobile toolkit

Colette needs her doves

Rasputina may take it, but that add the argument of EoP or Wendigo, or effigy.

Marcus, I don't know

Outcast (has rule to bypass restrictions)

Good for Vonschills and Vikis

Gremlins would rather have own totems (allowed multiple)

Levi: good

Hamelins: not sure

So outside of neverbourn they are limited.

I like bringing Jack Daw with Z. Jack activates earlier in the turn, forces your opponent to discard cards. Then later in the turn Obey Jack Daw, then activate Heart Stopper on an attack and kill a model. Or you can activate Jack Daw and not allow a model to cheat fate in his aura, then cast obey on a high will power enemy in the aura. And Jack Daw is just an awesome model to begin with, although you are paying 10ss for him.