Gencon Updates!

Deadpool

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any info on Lazarus, and maybe a picture please?

I didn't grab a photo, but he's basically a Guild Construct gone bad, or such, LOL. I think he can't be hired by Guild Crews, and he gets a bonus on attack or damage flips or something when targetting guild pieces.

He's got Assimilate, like Hoffman, but he's also got an ability to discard scrap counters when he Assimilates stuff, and it lets him keep the Assimilated ability/action/whatever for the rest of the encounter. He's got both a melee attack and a grenade launcher or something, as I think it has blast markers on it. He's got (+1) Melee Expert as well. He's like 8 or 9 SS maybe?

I know one of the things I think will be cool with him is that he's a Scavenger himself, so if you play him with Levi, then even if Levi dies mid-turn, you still have a Scavenger in play, so if Constructs die at that point, they'll still drop Scrap Counters. So it works nice if you're not including Alyce in the crew, or stuff like that.

I think he's got (0) Self Repair as well, and some sort of Armor, and maybe it can't be ignored or something? Sorry, going from memory at the moment. I did enjoy playtesting Lazarus though, and thought he was a good, balanced model. I was using him with Levi in place of Ryle in my builds, and it seemed to work well.

how well does work in game at least in your opinion?

So far I'm happy with what I've been able to do with her. I wasn't a huge fan of the loss of into spirit world at first, but she has a zero to push spirits up to 4" and another to move into bas with a friendly model within 8" that is in melee. when she does so , if she is also in melee range (2" range) she gets to take a free strike. She also gains fast if she activates in base with two spirits. so she can put a hurtin' on most models. I don't think she is quite strong enough to take on other master though, at least what i've played so far. she got killed against both normal lady J and avatar lady J. but she had Marcus running for the hills.

I can't wait to play her more in my local shop.

My one gripe is that since Kirai relies so heavily on summoning and wounding herself, I've been coming into avatar state heavily wounded which doesn't fair well for a Melee combat.

I put together my Kirai avatar today. She goes together quite well and the model is ghoulishly cool.

I do have to agree that Kirai and her avatar form are almost polar opposites. I think that her avatar form will be usefull in emergency situations. Like if kirai's whole crew gets murdered, she turns avatar and goes on a melee killling spree or some situations like that

Fluff: I think you could add all the fluff from Book I and II and just barely outdo what I did for this book's core storyline alone. Then we added a good standalone story for each faction intro and mini stories for each Avatar.

Everyone clamoring for more fiction have gotten your wish - but it might be too much to chew at one time! Could be tiresome. Can't wait to hear back (to see if I need to throttle back for the next book).

Fluff: I think you could add all the fluff from Book I and II and just barely outdo what I did for this book's core storyline alone. Then we added a good standalone story for each faction intro and mini stories for each Avatar.

Everyone clamoring for more fiction have gotten your wish - but it might be too much to chew at one time! Could be tiresome. Can't wait to hear back (to see if I need to throttle back for the next book).

Woot! I am all for this...that's a lot to read through. Looking forward to reading it!

For the record, I am not a fan of HUGE game updates and add-ons for the sake of doing so. I am more a fan of a progression of story line with fitting models and rules. Basiclly, I want a fluff based reason for x-models to exist or too have increased in strength. I honestly think that wyrd could have had less new models in this book and I would have been happy. Mostly because the longer Malifaux exists, the harder it is to come up with new models and rules. If poorly managed, like most games, the rules will be over complicated, convoluted and have so many levels of play that new players would not have the ability to gain much experience playing because the rules (combined with the more experienced players) will have run them off.

Stay the course, Wyrd! Light game updates; more story progression!

But thats just me talking the talk. Great job on book 3.

Thats got me very excited, I will give feedback when my book arrives

Less?? LESS????? Are you mad, man?!?!

The amount of fluff is fantastic. Granted, I'm only like 20 pages in so far, but WOW. All I gotta say is the part with Lillith visiting Zoraida's hut at the beginning....confirmed some long held suspicions, but WOW was I surprised to see exactly what kind of manipulation the Neverborn leaders are involved in. So freakin' cool. Can't wait to read more on my lunch break at work today. :D

No, there's also Sholto and one other doing the cool rag-sheet things. Sholto did the short stories that go before the factions. Good writer. Excellent voice. Core story is mine. Weber and I do minion bio stuff - me mostly the Avatar (with him cleaning it all up) and him mostly the minion stuff (with me nodding approval at everything he writes).