Master Hamelin

Blank

Outcasts - Hamelin the Plague

Hamelin woke up no longer feeling the same, he had been transformed by the power that overwhelmed him in the sewers. Surrounded by rats he is a plague on Malifaux, stealing their children, bringing plague and blight wherever he goes, and leaving nothing but hoards of rats behind.

So... he steals children.

Anyone have any ideas how he might be played? Sounds like his rats or himself might have some poison features. Would be interesting if, instead of the corpse or scrap counters, he leaves rats behind so he can use them.

I'm sure there are things in the new book that go along with him but I just wanted to hear what people are thinking at this point.

At the very least it will be nice to have a hamelin with access to soulstones to help keep him alive. I'd like to see him have some other methods to make him a little more survivable. Also, will he stay on a large base? I'd hate to have my opponent flip assassinate if my master has to be on a large base.

I think if you have children in Malifaux you need to get them out of there now. Between Levi and Hamlin Outcasts seem to have the kid department covered.

You get home from the mine, the wireless is on the fritz, and the pub's closed early because of another brawl.

What else are you going to do? You're going to make babies. That's why there are so many kids in Malifaux!

"We should totally trust this guy. He seems legit."

Lol. "And who doesn't love free candy?"

Hell, if he doesn't come with a Rape Van, we're making one.

Naaa.

Hamelin totally went in another direction. He doesn't come with free candy. He forces you to eat his candy. And in doing so makes more candy!

Well Candy is Ht1 so obviously Hamelin can bring her along. What's the problem here? :D

If that's the case.... and if what BugKing said is true, then.... oh god..

More than one Candy?!..... quick lock the doors, close the blinds, get to the basements!

Hamelin...with children? :eek:

The one thing I've always wanted when I started this game was to be able to take a crew of creepy little children. The mere possibility that I might be able to do that with Hamelin means that I'll probably be saving my money for him, rather than Colette or Ophelia (still getting Dreamer though - that's always been a given ;) ).

Edited by Rathnard

Hamelin...with children? :eek:

The one thing I've always wanted when I started this game was to be able to take a crew of creepy little children. The mere possibility that I might be able to do that with Hamelin means that I'll probably be saving my money for him, rather than Colette or Ophelia (still getting Dreamer though - that's always been a given ;) ).

Is this what you are hoping for with Pandora? :D A few more children models and you might just get your crew.

Malifaux Child:"Please sir, may I have some mo're?"

Hamelin: "You can't have any pudding until you eat your meat, how can I give you pudding if you don't eat your meat."

I am just imagining the new hamelin as Fagin, the dude who took in kids from "oliver". Crew abilities to include petty theft dynamics. "well I just pick pocketed Perditas Peacebringer, No she isn't slowed or paralyzed, she just isn't shooting anyone in the face for now."

Or Hamlin cross breed the kids that he stole with some o his rats creating ratlike humans, kinda like molemen. And they are all called Master Splinter. And know Kung Fu. And they have ninja turtle companions. LOL just a thought.:wacko:

Here's your turtles. Now all you need are multi-color headbands for them. And their weapons, respectively.

I can see Hamelin having a children crew, but I could see them having more of an evil look. Like the way Baby Kade stares are you with the knife and teddy bear. Or how how sweet and innocent Candy looks, but you know shes really a soulless Neverborn demon waiting to lure you into a bottomless pit of nothingness...... Yeah, that kind of evil.

Oh and rats of course. Can't forget about the rats. Big ones, small ones.

EDIT: Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go sculpt TMNT miniatures while listening to the theme song. I blame Iamwyrd.

Edited by Blank
additional idea

I definitely think Hamelin is going to be akin to the 'Rat King' from Ninja Turtles.

I think it was in the Ophelia teaser thread where Eric made mention of the "vermin" characteristic. Sounds to me like Hamelin will be control a verminous tide of rats and other sewer creatures like maybe a giant alligator!

That would be super cool!